It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the U.S.A. secretly love illegal immigrants?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   
If we as United Statesians can put aside for a moment our Republican/Democrat/Independent/Libertarian/Rastafarian/Vegetarian or other voting tendencies, I'd like to find out what exactly this country believes in actions rather than words. I suspect that with over a century's tradition of importing inexpensive labor through the sales pitch of "The American Dream" that we're encouraging, rather than discouraging illegal immigration in addition to legal. Historically we've put our bans on certain national groups from entering the country (like those from China, Japan and Germany) and socially ridiculed others (from Ireland, Italy, Mexico, Poland, Iraq), that deep down we love anyone who comes here to pay taxes. We fear they'll bring their ideology, culture, crime, and language despite describing ourselves as "The Great Melting Pot".

This article is one of many that explains in numbers & details how illegal immigrants pay taxes:

We Do Pay Taxes, And The Government Knows Exactly Who We Are

In addition to my initial question, I have a few others:

Why do we insist on roadblocking the path to citizen ship with delays, expenses, and expectations above 'native born' (in quotes, not to be confused with Native Americans) citizens?

Why don't we make all tax-payers and their listed dependents citizens?
edit on 4-4-2018 by saint4God because: Corrected expression

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: saint4God

Why should the United States have different immigration policies than the countries on our borders?
Things have changed in the last 250 years so why not immigration?

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
They are not Americans

Simple enough ??

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Farmers and factories sure do.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Why should the United States have different immigration policies than the countries on our borders?

The U.S.A. offers more opportunity than any country south and more freedom of personal choice (as I understand it) than the country north.

Things have changed in the last 250 years so why not immigration?

Technology has changed, people haven't. It's actually a good argument to register and process people coming through the boarder faster than the pen, paper, and snail-mail days.

edit on 4-4-2018 by saint4God because: Fixed quote

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Farmers and factories sure do.

Landscaping, carpentry, facilities, I'm sure the other commerical & industrial services as well.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
They are not Americans

Simple enough ??

I wish it were. Actually the majority of immigrants are American, usually North or Central American. The constitution says what it means to be a United Statesian, but beyond that, I don't know what else would make a person "American".
edit on 4-4-2018 by saint4God because: clarity

Immigration to the United States
edit on 4-4-2018 by saint4God because: Added supporting reference

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
This seems like a FB guilt trip solicitation. Your other OP's would indicate your not quite the revered one your avatar might indicate. Still it's about invaders coming to plunder and take advantage of our hard work over generations. Just come in and fill their bellies as it were, and you suggest we should accommodate that ?

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
This seems like a FB guilt trip solicitation.

I am unfamiliar with "Facebook guilt trip solicitation"s, can you expand?

Your other OP's would indicate your not quite the revered one your avatar might indicate.

I am not nor have an avatar. If you're referring to my profile picture, it is in support of Jesus Christ, not a claim of this is who I am. Are you the woman in your profile picture?

Still it's about invaders coming to plunder and take advantage of our hard work over generations. Just come in and fill their bellies as it were, and you suggest we should accommodate that ?

Can you explain more? If they are paying U.S. taxes, what is it that they are plundering and taking advantage of?

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Of course the US loves illegal immigration. It has kept us rolling along for generations. In fact, many areas in the US are hurting because there is a shortage of labor, cheap or otherwise.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

They are not Americans

Simple enough ??

Many of them are "Americans" they come from North America, South America, and Central America.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

They are not Americans

Simple enough ??

Many of them are "Americans" they come from North America, South America, and Central America.

Then they can stay home...

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Does the U.S.A. secretly love illegal immigrants?

Big Agro and Livestock corporations do. Towards the end in here...

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Written on the plaque on the Statue of Liberty (and my signature):

“Give me your tired your poor
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these the homeless tempest-tossed to me
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Do not be Coy, it might betray your intentions. And presenting yourself in terms of Christ would seem to be to negate any hostilities, and rather present a Benevolent picture. Thus less adversarial responses and comments. It's fairly transparent.

I am one of many Avatars, they change with attitude, but I do not try to place a guilt trip for not subscribing to your questions.... which I consider Baited.

Perhaps you have not noticed what illegal immigration has done to California..... Don't bother again with the Coy maneuver...

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   

They are not Americans

Simple enough ??

The ones from Mexico and further south are DEFINITELY Americans.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Yep, "USA" Americans love immigration; legal or otherwise. To put it into perspective, Democrats love legal/illegal immigration because it swells the ranks of their voting base. The "Republicans" love immigration because it provides their businesses with cheap labor. The USA has been operating like a country without borders since the 1950's.

www.thenewamerican.com...

This article is outa date but states that 13% of the US population is foreign born.

The biggest problem I see with the open borders policy is that 1) you don't really know who's in the country and 2) there's no health screening mechanism like the one operated at Ellis Island in the early 20th Century.

Citizenship in the US has been pretty much reduced to a work permit. Although, in reality, there's a lot of people working in the US without a work permit.

At the end of the day? None of these problems will ever be solved.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

This seems like a FB guilt trip solicitation. Your other OP's would indicate your not quite the revered one your avatar might indicate. Still it's about invaders coming to plunder and take advantage of our hard work over generations. Just come in and fill their bellies as it were, and you suggest we should accommodate that ?

Invaders coming to plunder ...

I wish Americans in America thought about protecting the borders, and use 'extreme vetting' when the Invaders and immigrants come flooding in. I wish the Americans in America decided to keep those immigrants from flooding in taking away from the culture, land, and slaughter American citizens, even genocide on Americans.

I wish Americans took a strong stance on borders... 500 years ago.
Little did the Americans living in America,know they would later have a label appended to their race because their country was being taken over by immigrants.

I wish they had lots of high caliber weapons to defend their country and home. Hey, maybe there would be more than just a handful original American lineage still alive today....

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Sorry to intrude, but I have to ask.............what has illegal immigration actually done to California? I practically never see anything about the effects on California. Can you refer me to some articles that address that issue?
Thanks
(not being coy)

Oh, and I seriously wonder if you can identify my Avatar.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
llegal immigrants?

Big Agro and Livestock corporations do. Towards the end in here...

Interesting video, especially the explanation of NAFTA. Thanks for sharing, I'd like to hear an address or rebuttal to it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join