It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the U.S.A. secretly love illegal immigrants?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Americans didn't form the United States.

The people that killed off the natives were from Europe mostly.

Blame them...

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

So... you probably have about two dozen homeless people living with you, right? No? Why not?

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: bender151

What kind of silly jump in logic is that? Just because I value our country's tradition of letting in immigrants looking for something better no matter their circumstances doesn't implicitly mean I need to shelter them in my house. In fact, that is the exact OPPOSITE of them getting something better. I'm just taking care of them instead of them doing it on their own.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: saint4God

BS on the carpentry. I was in the industry, with 0 illegals.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

I'm notsure how "secret" it is. Clearly... about 1/2 of the US believes anybody with 2 legs that can walk over the border should be entitled to an education, ESL classes, section 8 housing, food stamps, utility subsidies, mass transit vouchers, and, oh yeah... voting rights. How do you think all that is working out for middle class, hard working Americans?

Edit-Oops, forgot the free medical. Just walk into any emergency room with anything from a headache to a woman in labor and there's no refusing service.
edit on 4-4-2018 by TreetopControl because: ...forgot medical.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

See the whole film, and another called, Fast Food Nation.

They both address the subject.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Blimey, that's a really good one "United Statesians"!!! I'll have to remember that one. Think on this one. What's the difference in where they come from compared to where they are trying to get?
Answer:- the land from which they came from (apart from a desert) is no different from the US. It's the people that makes the country, so if they are just running from a s#tty country why not just stay and change their own country.
Another answer:- they want what you have worked to achieve in your country without them having to suffer like you have had to do to achieve it.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

BS on the carpentry. I was in the industry, with 0 illegals.

And of course that means no carpenter in the history of carpentry has ever knowingly or unknowingly hired an illegal.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Every Capitalistic society loves illegal immigrants!!

America like all other large societies was built on the back of slaves. AKA cheap labor. Immigrants are the new slaves. While they may get paid they are not making regular wages and are often mistreated by their employers with no course of action to protect themselves from fear of being deported. This is happening all over the world and has been happening since the dawn of man. America has slave and now has cheap labor just like every other powerful nation before it and after it. UAE and Dubai is being built on the backs of slaves or cheap labor from Asia. Russia and China are being built on the backs of North Korean slaves and cheap labor. This is nothing new and it will never stop.

All men like slaves or cheap labor. Every great nation was built on it including ours. While I don't agree with slaves or cheap labor I'm not naïve to that fact they cheap labor is what built great nations.

So I actually have a semi immigration plan that helps everyone.

Here is goes.

1. All illegal immigrants who are currently in the US and have not committed crimes while here can stay. That is after they pass a through back ground check from their home nation and have passed all the mandatory immigration tests to become a citizen. They must learn English and pay any and all back taxes from the time they entered illegally if they did not pay. They must also return any welfare of handouts while here and not a citizen. Everyone else who is a thug or a piece of crap from their home country is tossed out.

2. All people hoping to become citizens from then on must themselves pass all back ground checks from their home nations and not be a criminal or have criminal history. The must learn English and speak it fluently.

3. All people who are granted citizenship will be on a trail bases for 7 years. During that trial bases they must work for an American company making American goods at a reduced hourly rate or pay a higher immigrant tax out of their equal wages. Those lower rates or taxes will go to the companies who employ them as a tax break or profits from lower paid wages. Those said companies will be required to provide medical coverage for the immigrants while they are employed on the 7 year trail bases as well as reduced housing if none is available. Those companies and their immigrant employees will benefit from the relationship resulting in better profits for the companies and reduced cost to the consumer all while making American products here in America.

4. After the immigrants work out their 7 years for their American company and pass all required tests they become full American citizens with the right to equal wages, equal taxes, and can now vote. They will have all rights Americans have only after they fulfill their obligation to America.

5. We build a boarder that resembles the DMZ. With land mines, guard towers, and machine guns. I want sharks with freaking lasers on their heads swimming a moat eating everyone who attempts to enter illegally. We are a county who takes everyone with open arms but only if you enter legally.

So what does ATS think?

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

So what does ATS think?

After reading that, I think there are very good reasons why people such as yourself should never be put in positions of power.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

So what does ATS think?

After reading that, I think there are very good reasons why people such as yourself should never be put in positions of power.

Sweet....so did you have an actual thought?

Or did you just want to attack the poster cause you have nothing running around in that empty head?? What part did you disagree with?

Let me guess you're all for open boarders...You love people not giving back to the country they live in....You like people taking and taking....Is that you Merkel?

Are you also denying that every nations was built on cheap labor or slaves?

edit on 4-4-2018 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-4-2018 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
corporations do because they can get away with paying a lot less and they can threaten them using their illegal status if they ever try to demand things or try to quit their job to escape.

illegal immigrants = cheap slave labor

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
This seems like a FB guilt trip solicitation. Your other OP's would indicate your not quite the revered one your avatar might indicate. Still it's about invaders coming to plunder and take advantage of our hard work over generations. Just come in and fill their bellies as it were, and you suggest we should accommodate that ?

It appears that people agree with you because this has the most stars of any post on the first page. It makes me wonder how many illegal immigrants the average ATS poster has actually encountered.

In my experience here in the rural counties of the garden state, its common to see folks bent over from sun up to sundown in fields, working for what we can assume to be substandard wages. There are camps of concrete buildings or old rundown single trailers on some of the farms that are reminiscent of slave quarters.

A couple years back, we had a large hardscaping project done and the guys who did most of the work were Guatemalans. They worked in the beating sun, bent over dropping pavers like machines. I spent some time talking to a couple of them who spoke fairly decent English and they were just normal people, working hard af for wages I haven't considered working for since I was teenager.

About the best job I've known any illegal immigrant to work around here is light industrial in warehouses that like all other jobs these folks can get, pay #.

We can disagree about what to do to stem illegal immigration or secure the borders but demonizing these people as "invaders coming to plunder and take advantage of our hard work" is complete and utter bull#. It doesn't reflect reality, it's empty hateful rhetoric designed to excuse the lack of empathy among right-wing zealots hopped up on the same nativist hate mongering that has greeted immigrants to the country for centuries.

If anything, they're people whose desire for a better life leaves them open to exploitation by unscrupulous employers.
edit on 2018-4-4 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Yes, but once upon a time we were a destination and the people that came here were desperate for something different so they became enthusiastic americans, now a days many that come here illegally do not want to become American they still identify as their country of origin and want us to help them and change for them.

That to me is why things should change, anyone that wants to become American is welcome and should be helped in my opinion. Folks looking for an economic boost should be forced to go through the process to be here legally.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: saint4God
If we as United Statesians can put aside for a moment our...

No, please, don't use that term!

Why do we insist on roadblocking the path to citizen ship with delays, expenses, and expectations above 'native born' (in quotes, not to be confused with Native Americans) citizens?

I'm not sure if you're referring to the process of becoming a citizen once you're a legal resident or you are talking about illegal immigrants who find a way in without being detected.

In any case, think about this. There are 127 million people in Mexico and 36 million in Canada. If there were not limits on entry, we could potentially add 153 million people just like that. That's more than a third of the total US population today. Our infrastructure wouldn't support it.

Why don't we make all tax-payers and their listed dependents citizens?

What's the benefit of becoming a citizen? You can vote and you're less likely to be deported. I became a citizen in the 80's and I have a lot of respect for the process which includes taking an oath to serve no other government. It's a personal decision but technically, it makes sure the people that vote do it for the good of the USA and not some other nation. I'm also a strong believer in not allowing dual-citizenship. A lot of foreigners maintain citizenship with their native country. You can't have it both ways as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

Your words should come out of your mouth, not mine bubba.

And, no not in the union they haven't.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Written on the plaque on the Statue of Liberty (and my signature):

“Give me your tired your poor
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these the homeless tempest-tossed to me
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”

As an aside, it was very nice of France to give us this statue even though we turned our backs on them during their revolution even though they helped us with ours.

Regarding the quote from The New Colossus, it seems like we only half-believe the words. We smile as we read them but make laws to ensure they're not fulfilled. We need laws surely to maintain good intentions, but we also contradict ourselves on issues such as immigration.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Sweet....so did you have an actual thought?

Yes, I expressed that thought. That is why I used the word "think".

Not sure how you missed that.

Or did you just want to attack the poster cause you have nothing running around in that empty head?? What part did you disagree with?

Almost all of it. None of it appears to be rooted in constitutional principles, therefore it is worthless in application.

Let me guess you're all for open boarders...You love people not giving back to the country they live in....You like people taking and taking...

More open borders, yes. I tend to advocate for more freedoms.

Old school hold-outs that want their countries to turtle usually do not push for more freedom. Quite the opposite, actually.

Is that you Merkel?

No. Can you not come up with something better than that? You must think I'm stupid if you think that is an intelligent response.

Are you also denying that every nations was built on cheap labor or slaves?

I do not deny that.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
People vocally don't like illegal immigrants, but those same people willingly use their labor all the time. If a storm comes through and your roof is damaged, you get quotes on a new roof. Do you take the lowest bid from a reputable company, knowing that part of the reason that bid is low is because they use illegal immigrant labor, or do you take a higher bid thinking they don't (they almost always also use illegal migrant labor) to keep in line with your vocal opinion? Nine out of ten against illegal immigrants will happily take the lower bid.

I live in conservative Texas. Day labor is available everywhere, out in the open. You would think with so many people against them being here, something would be done about these illegal immigrants standing outside Home Depot or QT, but people obviously don't care as much as they are vocal about it. Just words. no action.

Me? I could not care less about illegal immigrants. Forty seven years and they have not had a single negative impact on me.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Plenty of American citizens don't speak English.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join