It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rosenstein gave Mueller OK to probe, indict Manafort

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
www.politico.com...

"The May 17, 2017 [appointment] order was worded categorically in order to permit its release without confirming specific investigations involving specific individuals," Rosenstein wrote in the Aug. 2, 2017 memo.

"The following allegations were within the scope of the Investigation at the time of your appointment and are within the scope of the Order: ...

Allegations that Paul Manafort: Committed a crime or crimes by colluding with Russian government officials with respect to the Russian government's efforts to interfere with the 2016 election for President of the United States, in violation of United States law.

Committed a crime or crimes arising out of payments he received from the Ukrainian government before and during the tenure of President Viktor Yanukovych."

edit on 3-4-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

The actual court filing with the previously undisclosed Memo Rosenstein provided listing what Special Counsel could and should investigate here:
www.politico.com...

All the list is redacted except for Manafort.

That suggests there is plenty to come IMO.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

This also completely destroys Manaforts case that the Special Counsel was outside it's authority in investigating Manaforts illegal dealings with regards to Ukraine.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
The point is moot. It's not like Yanukovych as pro Russia. He was a neutral buffer between the west and Russia.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Yes , another "memo"

Yep , I am laughing...

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
This makes me happy. Manafort should be in prison for what he has done. I assume his lawyers with soon abandon their clients to save face. Bye bye Manafort lol

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
It's typical, in America for the police to kick in the door, search the house and then request a search-warrant afterwards for what they found ? That's essentially what happened here. Saying 'well I didn't actually permit a criminal investigation, this is a counter-intelligence investigation, but I would have allowed it... So it's perfectly fine to do so now...'

After the fact...

But hey, if that's how you like your Justice served /shrug

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

As president Trump said, Vladimir Putin is laughing his ass off too. He has more power over the U.S. than our own politicians and lawmakers.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Rosenstein's memo providing authorisation to Mueller was a week after Mueller had raided Manafort's home.

After the event authorisation points to Rosenstein's and Muellers relationship being a little too cosy, but as usual, the left celebrates corruption as long as it serves a purpose.
edit on 5/4/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

join