It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you deal with these flat earth lunatics

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Laugh at them.
They deserve mockery.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Surprised you didn't suggest running them over in a car.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I look at them as if they just crawled out from under a rock. The idea earth is flat is just asinine.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Marbella
a reply to: skunkape23

I find it extremely interesting to see the explosive reactions to this topic. More or less everything else goes, but to even seriously look at this makes 99.9% explode in anger, name calling and God knows what.

I wonder why...

It's the same with the Mandela Effect - people turn immediately to insulting and become aggressively childish. It's a peculiar reaction.

I would love to understand it, and I've tried..

..all I know is if flat-earthers pissed me off real bad, I wouldn't hang out on conspiracy sites reading flat-earth threads.

Could you imagine if gay folks "infuriated" you....and for some reason you had a burning desire to let them know....so you make it a point to stop in every gay bar you see - hang out for a while, lettin' folks know how dumb they are - pretty soon you're building your own bar called "This Is Not A Gay Bar - Fu%¢ Those Guys"..

People might get the wrong impression...

Hard to make sense of, but to each their own?

edit on 1-4-2018 by Pearj because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: ZombieZygote

Gravity cannot produce a flat anything.

Gravity is also only a theory, still to this day. At least density and buoyancy can be easily observed and explained, without crazy mathematical equations which prove nothing.

Really ?
Throw a ball up in the air. What happens ?
Gravity is nowhere near a theory . In fact , it is well known in physics and astronomy . Even as much as calculating the gravitational effect of one object on another very far away in space.
But , I realize some folks still hold on to their 11 and 12th Century beliefs
This is the 21st Century. Step into it , and enjoy.

Perhaps you should brush up on science. Yes the theory that the greater the mass, the greater the "gravitational pull", is popular. Once again easily shown by the laws of density and buoyancy. Show me a graviton. You can't? Weird.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Gravity is also only a theory, still to this day. At least density and buoyancy can be easily observed and explained, without crazy mathematical equations which prove nothing.

Really ?
Gravity is nowhere near a theory . In fact , it is well known in physics and astronomy . Even as much as calculating the gravitational effect of one object on another very far away in space.

Perhaps you should brush up on science. Yes the theory that the greater the mass, the greater the "gravitational pull", is popular. Once again easily shown by the laws of density and buoyancy. Show me a graviton. You can't? Weird.

Like I said , step into the 21st Century .
Or go on believing 11th Century "stuff"
I care not...
BTW - Density and buoyancy have ZILCH to do with why the Earth is not flat
Gravity does

Gravity

Buoyancy

Now , I have done due diligence to the ATS motto and have denied ignorance

You are showing me no information on how buoyancy and density could replace gravity .
Those only apply to a substance suspended in a liquid medium

I weep for the folks that learn physics from flat earth videos on youtube.

edit on 4/1/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Really ?

I care not...
Gravity does
You are showing me no information on how buoyancy and density could replace gravity .
Just keep repeating over and over. I am not one to endure the "Great Lie" gambit of Joseph Goebbles

Yet again, you haven't described gravity, only thrown the word out like it means something. "Just keep repeating it over and over".
Gravity appears to be your magical force which explains everything your senses can't. Quite dumb.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Ever tried engaging in a debate with an Electric Universe supporter? They're just as bad, if not worse.

How do you deal with them? Keep your cool, and have debunking evidence handy.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I have had conversations about flat earth with many people. I like to hear other people's theories and views on things such as aliens, flat earth and politics. I find myself agreeing with some theories about flat earth to be honest. The probability that the earth is flat is pretty low I have to say though. But that doesn't stop intelligent discussion about it.

Calling them lunatics is a little harsh. It's why I left Facebook. I hate the current judging culture we live in. Just because someone has a different view, it doesn't make their opinion any less valid than anyone else's.

edit on Sun, 01 Apr 2018 03:13:57 -0500031842018000000k by rhynouk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: rhynouk
Just because someone has a different view, it doesn't make their opinion any less valid than anyone else's.

It does, if their opinion is invalidated by science. The shape of Earth isn't a matter of opinion, I'm afraid.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: PheonixReborn

And yet you sound like a religious extremist in this thread

I'm an atheist, damn you to Hell!

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Really ?

I care not...
Gravity does
Just keep repeating over and over. I am not one to endure the "Great Lie" gambit of Joseph Goebbles

Yet again, you haven't described gravity, only thrown the word out like it means something. "Just keep repeating it over and over".
Gravity appears to be your magical force which explains everything your senses can't. Quite dumb.

I put links in there , just for you...
Just to attempt to inform you of some well-known scientific facts.
I did edit , as my original post was a little ill-conceived.
Yet that was hours ago...

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace

Just because someone has a different view, it doesn't make their opinion any less valid than anyone else's.

It does, if their opinion is invalidated by science. The shape of Earth isn't a matter of opinion, I'm afraid.

Kind of but not really, science isn't rigid like belief systems, science is constantly updating as new technology allows us to have a better understanding of the information we have.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: wildespace

Kind of but not really, science isn't rigid like belief systems, science is constantly updating as new technology allows us to have a better understanding of the information we have.

That's true, but humanity has known that the Earth is round for a long time. That's not gonna change due to new technology. What new technology allows us to do is construct accurate "gravity map" of the Earth, and other studies of our planet.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Sorry guys. FE threads usually go straight to the HOAX bin.

There's an exception over here - Debunking Flat Earth and the Hollow Earth.

Please add comments to the existing thread.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join