It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you deal with these flat earth lunatics

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

Facts don’t go away, but lies does... never mind how long they have been around.

There are today indisputable proofs about the shape of this place. Not a question of believing or not.

convexearth.org...

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

My bad, I misinterpreted you statement. I take it back...

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Golantrevize

I have the same problem with liberals.

Let me know if you figure out how to deal with people not in touch with reality...it could be useful information for dealing with all kinds of morons.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZombieZygote

To be fair, I'm sure to them it is an absolutely asinine notion that people still believe that the pictures that NASA gives us are real. Especially since they even admit they are CGI and photoshopped, constructed from "ribbons of data".

Not to mention the comically bad "moon landing" hoax. Also, this IS a conspiracy site.

It is.

However, unlike most sites that are essentially echo chambers for their false beliefs, this site has a motto of "Deny Ignorance."

I guess both of my TS clearance holding NASA/JPL grandparents, one of whom was once a Colonel in the US Army, have just been full of # then, huh?

Right.

With regard to flat heads...

Tell me, what shape is an orange (the fruit)?

What rough shape is your skull? Is it 3 dimensional?

Why cant I see Japan when im standing on the Golden Gate bridge, looking out over the ocean with a telescope?

Why cant i see Japan when im standing on top of a nearby mountain, looking to the west out over the ocean?

Why cant I see at least all of Africa and Europe from the top of Mt. Kilamanjaro (Best survey/vantage point)?

Why is it that we have mathematically programmed satellites with routes and velocities around the GLOBE of Earth that verify things like gravity, exit velocity, as they circle the world in a circular or slightly ellipitical orbit as the globe it orbits ROTATES, thus, providing mapping data via radar and other methods proving that is in fact a sphere (fir the most part)?

What shape is the Moon? The Sun? Every bloody planet here? What, theyre all just spinning super nickels and not 3 dimensional like an ORANGE or your skull, where your brain used to be?

Here's an equally insane theory to flat earth:

Malevolent entities from the second "flat" dimension invaded Earth via CERNs LHC 6 years ago.

Ultimately, they prey on weak and misinformed minds....which happen to be the same people that attacked and mocked people who talked about actual truths and tried to warn everyone.

Nature is a bitch to idiots and dick heads. I was once both. Trust me, this is just the beginning.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: CreationBro

“Nature is a bitch to idiots and dick heads. I was once both.”

You said it..

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: PheonixReborn

And yet you sound like a religious extremist in this thread

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Marbella

Oh hey smart ass I-just-registered two days ago.

Natural lesson learning is one thing.

Abject torture is entirely wrong...as is intentional and serious manipulation and deception. But hey, anything to "win" right?

So yea, nature is a major bitch sometimes.

I have the drive and the heart to admit my mistakes and can accept uncertainty..

Quite a farcry from the unapologetic, guiltless sociopaths who "could do no wrong" as they ramrod the whole world.

After reading above I see that you believe in convex Earth.

Rather than indirectly calling me a dickhead in your quoting of me, maybe heed the whole possesed by demons thing. Cause...you know. They make you think dumb stuff.
edit on 3312018 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: CreationBro

To be fair, I'm sure to them it is an absolutely asinine notion that people still believe that the pictures that NASA gives us are real. Especially since they even admit they are CGI and photoshopped, constructed from "ribbons of data".

Not to mention the comically bad "moon landing" hoax. Also, this IS a conspiracy site.

It is.

However, unlike most sites that are essentially echo chambers for their false beliefs, this site has a motto of "Deny Ignorance."

I guess both of my TS clearance holding NASA/JPL grandparents, one of whom was once a Colonel in the US Army, have just been full of # then, huh?

Right.

With regard to flat heads...

Tell me, what shape is an orange (the fruit)?

What rough shape is your skull? Is it 3 dimensional?

Why cant I see Japan when im standing on the Golden Gate bridge, looking out over the ocean with a telescope?

Why cant i see Japan when im standing on top of a nearby mountain, looking to the west out over the ocean?

Why cant I see at least all of Africa and Europe from the top of Mt. Kilamanjaro (Best survey/vantage point)?

Why is it that we have mathematically programmed satellites with routes and velocities around the GLOBE of Earth that verify things like gravity, exit velocity, as they circle the world in a circular or slightly ellipitical orbit as the globe it orbits ROTATES, thus, providing mapping data via radar and other methods proving that is in fact a sphere (fir the most part)?

What shape is the Moon? The Sun? Every bloody planet here? What, theyre all just spinning super nickels and not 3 dimensional like an ORANGE or your skull, where your brain used to be?

Here's an equally insane theory to flat earth:

Malevolent entities from the second "flat" dimension invaded Earth via CERNs LHC 6 years ago.

Ultimately, they prey on weak and misinformed minds....which happen to be the same people that attacked and mocked people who talked about actual truths and tried to warn everyone.

Nature is a bitch to idiots and dick heads. I was once both. Trust me, this is just the beginning.

It appears this topic strikes a nerve with you. Well, regardless of who your relatives work for, they have never been to space. Neither have you. TS clearance means nothing when you aren't at the top of the hierarchical structure of command.
You can't see Japan because of perspective, the way our sight works, and atmospheric conditions. Obviously.

Satellites, as they are explained to us, are not real. Yes engineers work to build things that they think are being launched into space, but are clearly launched out into the Bermuda triangle from Cape Canaveral and recovered by the military. Undersea cables and land based transmitters, with high altitude balloons, enable us to have worldwide cellular service.
GPS uses triangulation with ground based transmitters bouncing signals off of the ionosphere and each other to reveal our position.

Without NASA's CGI images, through a telescope the planets and stars are strange luminaries in the sky. Possibly spherical, possibly flat. At an undermined distance.

Anything else?

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: CreationBro

Way to prove Marbella's point...

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   

i try not to talk to f--king idiots

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   
The planet is shaped like a carrot and giant space bunnies will eat it on Easter and poop out chocolate eggs.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   
How do you deal with them? Buy them a Pizza.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

I find it extremely interesting to see the explosive reactions to this topic. More or less everything else goes, but to even seriously look at this makes 99.9% explode in anger, name calling and God knows what.

I wonder why...

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Steveogold

i try not to talk to f--king idiots

Then you've arrived at the wrong house.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   

How do you deal with these flat earth lunatics

By asking them why they believe the earth is flat.
Then you have to listen to them. I find other peoples believes interesting sometimes. I find the Flat Earth Theory kind of enjoyable, with what little I know of the subject.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I think OP might be worried he's
about to turn. OP did you get bit?

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Gravity cannot produce a flat anything.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Gravity is also only a theory, still to this day. At least density and buoyancy can be easily observed and explained, without crazy mathematical equations which prove nothing.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Gravity is also only a theory, still to this day. At least density and buoyancy can be easily observed and explained, without crazy mathematical equations which prove nothing.

Really ?
Throw a ball up in the air. What happens ?
Gravity is nowhere near a theory . In fact , it is well known in physics and astronomy . Even as much as calculating the gravitational effect of one object on another very far away in space.
But , I realize some folks still hold on to their 11 and 12th Century beliefs
This is the 21st Century. Step into it , and enjoy.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Golantrevize
I seem to see them more and more, sadly the idea of a flat earth seems the cool thing to believe in these days in an effort to be different from the " sheeps".

Its like no matter how much logic i throw in their face they always come up with the most idiotic counter arguments. What is your go to argument when dealing with them?

Also I realize how pathetic it is to even argue about it but I cant help it, I get infuriated when I hear about their evidences for it.

Just accept that mental illness exists and keep on truckin'.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join