It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you deal with these flat earth lunatics

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I seem to see them more and more, sadly the idea of a flat earth seems the cool thing to believe in these days in an effort to be different from the " sheeps".

Its like no matter how much logic i throw in their face they always come up with the most idiotic counter arguments. What is your go to argument when dealing with them?

Also I realize how pathetic it is to even argue about it but I cant help it, I get infuriated when I hear about their evidences for it.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Golantrevize
I don’t engage with a flat earth believer. I ask for their view on the topic. The belief of flat earth is similar to a religious belief. There will only be wasted time with debating. Instead I try to understand why they feel that way.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Very easily. I just ignore them and hope they go away.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   
you simply walk far enough until they disappear behind the curvature!

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: droneonline
you simply walk far enough until they disappear behind the curvature!

You just made my day.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Funny youd say that, I too noticed something religious about their way of talking about it.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   

I don't deal with them if I can.

If they are posters on here I try to remember their screen names so I know who the crazies are.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   

To be fair, I'm sure to them it is an absolutely asinine notion that people still believe that the pictures that NASA gives us are real. Especially since they even admit they are CGI and photoshopped, constructed from "ribbons of data".

Not to mention the comically bad "moon landing" hoax. Also, this IS a conspiracy site.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Golantrevize
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Funny youd say that, I too noticed something religious about their way of talking about it.

Most are religious. Its the only jump in knowledge/faith big enough to go that route.
The devil is tricking you into thinking this is not god's creation, and he separated the waters and made the flat earth..

NASA works with lucifer..

Duh.

But it is a weird paranoia in its strength against data.. Some are troll8ng this for the money provided by youtube hits.. Sadly those subscribed really do believe it..

Take a picture of Europe from New York. With a crazy powerful telescope.

Or just don't waste your time lol. Gravity is real.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Them same way you do with nuts who believe in the Hidden Hand stuff. How is the Hidden Hand philosophy working out for you? Did you vibrate up enough to where you could get a good look at Earth?

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Tell them to walk to the ends of the Earth... and then jump off.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   
By not opening their post....

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
Them same way you do with nuts who believe in the Hidden Hand stuff. How is the Hidden Hand philosophy working out for you? Did you vibrate up enough to where you could get a good look at Earth?

You don't believe there is a hidden hand running the world in secret yet you believe in aliens visiting earth in secret that have vastly superior technology to what we have on earth.... Carry on then...

As for the OP, throw em off the edge obviously.
edit on 31-3-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   
There are only 2 of them in the world.

The rest are bots made to discredit people who ask questions.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   
How do you deal with these flat earth lunatics?

Same way you deal with global warming lunatics.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
How do you deal with these flat earth lunatics?

Same way you deal with global warming lunatics.

Global warming is real.
The flat Earth is not real.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   
why must you 'deal with' them at all? i might ask the same question of religious folk. but i don't. each to their own.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

You don't believe there is a hidden hand running the world in secret yet you believe in aliens visiting earth in secret that have vastly superior technology to what we have on earth.... Carry on then...

No I don't believe in aliens visiting the earth. You probably haven't read the thread you seem to reference. And yes I do tend to believe there are forces controlling society behind veils of secrecy, but, no, I don't believe in the story told by Hidden Hand. It's full of outrageous assertions that probably outdo anything the flat-earth folk believe.

I don't believe in flat earth either, but I do believe the FE folk raise some points and ask some questions that do point to something we haven't been let in on. Something along the lines of the Holographic Universe theory possibly.

No, I don't believe hypocrites should call flat-earthers names. It's unbecoming. Yes, I do believe in making fun of hypocritical bullies.

edit on 31-3-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz5
why must you 'deal with' them at all? i might ask the same question of religious folk. but i don't. each to their own.

Because there are right things and wrong things in this world.

The people who believe in the wrong things persecute those who believe in the right things.

The people who believe in the right things don't really give a damn about what anyone else believes.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I just ignore it. I'm more curious about how much the topic bothers people. I notice many people immediately insult, and are extremely aggressive to anyone that brings the topic up. I understand people believe it's bad for the respectability of fringe topics in general, but man... it really draws personal insults.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join