It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toronto chef butchers, eats deer leg in front of protesters.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I had to post this,as it is just too ridiculous!
Talk about first world problems?

ottawasun.com... da-95a7-41e8a8f104b9

So a chef and restaurant owner decides to be the change that most people would like to see.
An example.

Antler seems an unlikely target for the animal rights set. The restaurant’s entire concept is about local game and humanely raised livestock. Hunter himself is a forager and a hunter who has publicly criticized factory farming.

Sounds reasonable right?

Here is the unreasonable part.

But the fact that Antler is a small establishment touting ethical meat is exactly why protesters selected it.

How dare they be ethical!!!

So he responds accordingly...good on him!!

They want Hunter to join them at a vigil at a slaughterhouse, held for the animals on their way inside. And ultimately, they want the restaurant, all restaurants, to go totally vegan

I am all for animal rights and conservation of wild game.
I believe things should be ethical and humane,as does this guy.

People have a right to protest and there is no rule that says everyone has to have a brain in their head.

Hunter’s addition of vegan dishes to his menu has done little to assuage the activists.

I'm SHOCKED!!

Second, they believe the concept of humane meat is a myth and see Antler as an opportunity to debunk it.

Ok...debunk it!!
edit on 28-3-2018 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-3-2018 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

Venison is some of the healthiest meat One could eat. If not mistaken, the only time Venison isn't "good" is when/if the Deer has consumed any veggies sprayed by 'Your friends at Monsanto™...'

It took an Autistic Savant (Temple Grandin) to get anything remotely 'humane' into Cattle, then this guy took it a step further...

Snare? Tom Tom? Big Bass... 'true' ALL drums are fun.

"Play them skins Cubby"--- Mousketeer Annette to Cubby to pound them skins...

Segue:

Did You know that skins removed 'humanely' provide a sweeter sound? Gene Krupa told Me that...

Stay Hydrated...

+34 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

That's funny!

I heard an announcement of the opening of trout season on the radio this morning, and the guy said that 'a lot of people enjoy the competition and some catch fish for food.... and that's ok too.'
We have to be told that it is acceptable to eat fish that we catch?
I think that eating meat will be outlawed some day.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I think that eating meat will be outlawed some day.

I'll re-word that a little.

I think that eating will be outlawed some day.

If they outlawed meat and all we had was limited veggies...a good portion of the planet would starve.
Eating would bring protesters.

+16 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   
If God didn't want us to eat animals he wouldn't have made them out of food.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   

When that day comes I'm switching to vegan-meat. Anybody got some good recipes?

Peace

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Without going too Tin foil hat here - I would not be surprised if in the next 50 years or whatever eating meat is banned and replaced by synthetic meat under the guise of being sustainable and ethical and healthier... While the companies that make the synthetic stuff make piles of profit because they're now the primary producers and distributors of 'meat' - less competition and diversity of product - more power and so on and so forth.

Corporations rule the world until revolutionies/terrorists about to be excuted go back in time to save Earth from the evil corporations and are chased down by a rather smoking hot babe of a cop who accidentally travels back in time with them and tries to stop their shenanigans and go back to their own time period.

Man - $@#% the corporations.

And Vegans.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

I'm hearing from various sources that it is wise to start investing in insect farms...

Peace

edit on 2018pAmerica/ChicagoWed, 28 Mar 2018 07:58:02 -0500am315820183 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Venison. If you have strong teeth and don't mind chewing for an hour. ( per bite) I wonder if it would soften up in a pressure cooker. The magic pot that tenderizes the toughest meat.
They don't sell it around here.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I initially typed to follow Horace Greeley's advice and "Go to West Virginny...." but au contraire..

You'll be eating right by the weekend:

www.eatwild.com...

www.shafferfarms.com...

www.agrilicious.org...

www.centralmeats.com...

Bon Appetit You'll absolutely LOVE it.. They also have some 'exotics' this is GREAT STUFF too..

Stay Hydrated...

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

That's awesome!

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   
This is available from the CentralMeats.com link.

www.cervena.com...

"Naturally tender" so leave the Poli-Grip™ in the teepee...

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I'm in my 30s now, I stopped eating meat when I was 14 and just started again a few years ago. Yes, I feel much better now.

I really do understand where these people are coming from. It's their opinion that there is no "ethical" meat, it is their opinion that it's cruel to create life just to kill and eat it and it's their opinion that it's cruel to go into a creatures natural habitat just to kill and eat it.

It's empathy on steroids and isn't a bad thing unto itself, but telling people that their morals and ethics (and laws) have to adapt to your own is a problem.

This is like the abortion issue, to people on one side it's a matter of life and death to the other side it's about the right to choose what you feel is best for you.

People on both sides just have their fingers in their ears claiming moral authority on a subject that should be discussed not shouted.

PETA putting up billboards of cute pigs outside of rib fests
People making a spectacle of eating meat in front of vegetarians

I've dealt with people on both extremes of this issue, and like everything in life, when someone takes a hard line stance they just end up looking like an a$$hat.

(post by Woodcarver removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   

I dont mind hunting if you do it because you live in the wilderness where you are no where near a supermarket

it's also healthy in that it doesnt have growth hormones or any other additives which the animal has gained its protein from the plants which are GMO or sprayed with herbicide or pesticide

I watched that documentary "take your pills"
it appears that the food industry and pharma are paying the medical industry to keep quiet on the toxicity of processed foods in our diets.

I mean I studied environmental toxicology , and diet was also a large part of the course, but it never once mentioned the food industry and toxins in our diets, well one case where the lining of tinned cans , the plastic was leaching into the food.
But no mention of growth hormones or herbicides or pesticides. I guess we are being lied to big time.
So I consciously decided to be a vegetarian , I get my eggs from my mum as she has chickens, and I tend not to drink milk any more.

Plus dont all herbivores and frugivores get their protein from their "plant based diet" so technically we dont actually get the protein from the animals but directly from the plants that they eat

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Backstraps 3/4" thick on a hot grill for 3-4 minutes each side!!!

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: JimNasium

Venison. If you have strong teeth and don't mind chewing for an hour. ( per bite) I wonder if it would soften up in a pressure cooker. The magic pot that tenderizes the toughest meat.
They don't sell it around here.
Why does it not surprise me that even cooking properly is beyond your ability to reason?

Uggghhh I'm going to miss that slow cooked venison burgers my fiance's dad got from his game warden friend last year!
especially with Habanero sauce

I mean I do enjoy the taste of meat but its not the end of the world I can survive just fine on plants ! plus getting baked helps

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I grew up in family that where deer hunting was/is a yearly occasion. When I got my first deer, it produced 140 lbs. of meat for my family. For a family living on a shoestring budget, hunting is almost a necessity.
edit on 28-3-2018 by ThickAsABrick because: Typo

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   
It could be worse. Give this is happening in Canada, the chef could have referred to the deer as Mr. or Ms. which, in Canada, is simply not acceptable!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join