It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump threatens to veto omnibus bill because it does not address DACA recipients

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Except, none of them is Marxists

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

as if he does not want McDonald's to be ready to serve him.....

perhaps the fast foods should hold out on him

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX

Except, none of them is Marxists

By your definition maybe.

But they all are by mine.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
It is ok though he just promised to never sign it again.

super duper lolers

4realskies

he is like me
he has a words with hard times sometimes
edit on 23-3-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Arnie123

No it wasn't illegal. That's partisan bull#. He doesn't give a rats ass about DACA or anybody covered by it. If you're not white male and wealthy he couldn't give a flying # so let's not pretend otherwise..

BS.

Dems never cared about DACA, only as a bargaining chip.
As for being a white male, partisan BS, get real.
edit on 23-3-2018 by Arnie123 because: Muh

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I am very disappointed.
I was really hoping that Trump could be the one to *sigh* "drain the swamp" put crooked politicians out of business and right the ship of America.

He's disappointed me a couple times, but this might end up being the proverbial straw.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
lol... trump admitted publicly that he didn't read this thing, and I highly doubt if any of the congressmen and women really know all that they just signed...
this should be an impeachable offense, and at the moment, I don't care if they are dems or repubs...
this waiting till the last minute and thowing something together, who cares what it is, let's just get something passed has got to end!!!

they should have take to time to read and understand just what it is they are signing! that is their job!

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I have heard (but not verified) that the thinking behind why the Dem's didn't push for DACA in the omnibus is that strategically with DACA being held up in the courts, they weren't 'under the gun' to do so.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I still have no idea what the MAGA position on Dreamers is supposed to be. One day they love them when they can say the meanie-head Democrats don't like them enough to fund a border wall.... The next day they're illegal aliens who should be deported immediately and Democrats are stopping them from law and order...

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

No, by the actual definition of Marxism/Marxists

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

I'm old and set in my ways.

I think they are all Marxist dirtbags

/Fin

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

or they are racist in disguise

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: crtrvt

hmmm

maga position on dreamers is .........

CHAOS

see yuns!

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
a reply to: Wayfarer

or they are racist in disguise

Perhaps, though methinks it unlikely. I think Occam would argue in this case that like any politician, they're willing to sacrifice some constituents to serve others if they think it will give them a tactical advantage (either in re-election or in support for future concessions). This modality is seemingly universal among almost all politicians in the US it seems.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

They are Republican, Democrat, Liberal, Neocon etc, etc dirtbags, not trying to pass them off as 'Marxists' just so they can't be tied to potentially your political views
edit on 23-3-2018 by XAnarchistX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd
F*** you Trump, should’ve vetoed that bill so fast it made their heads spin. Completely disappointed in this decision and shows how weak the currently elected republicans are. I hope he realizes how much of a disappointment this is and cuts the crap out of gov and their spending for the rest of his term even if nothing gets done.

700 billion is for the military...hard to veto that. Over the last decade our military has been gutted, so maybe if Obama did something here and there we would not be paying the piper now.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
lol... trump admitted publicly that he didn't read this thing, and I highly doubt if any of the congressmen and women really know all that they just signed...
this should be an impeachable offense, and at the moment, I don't care if they are dems or repubs...
this waiting till the last minute and thowing something together, who cares what it is, let's just get something passed has got to end!!!

they should have take to time to read and understand just what it is they are signing! that is their job!

Kind of like Obamacare? Also who the hell do you think should be impeached over this...Trump gets the 3 foot stack with the ink still wet that needs to be signed by midnight...lol

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

They are Republican, Democrat, Liberal, Neocon etc, etc dirtbags, not trying to pass them off as 'Marxists' just so they can't be tied to potentially your political views

I view Marxist as the same as authoritarian.

Authoritarian is a long word.

So I use Marxist.

I don't give a damn what they call themselves or how Marxists call themselves.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

But, do you know the actual definition of "Marxism/Marxists"? and, are you selecting to ignore that and create your own definition because authoritarian is a long word?

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

But, do you know the actual definition of "Marxism/Marxists"? and, are you selecting to ignore that and create your own definition because authoritarian is a long word?

Yeah, I am smart enough to know the definition and I think I am using it appropriately.

Just because some who view themselves as Marxists may be butthurt over me using the term won't get me to change using it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join