It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bolton In, McMaster Out!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer
Seems the rumors were true.

NY Times Article

Looks like Bolton's recent meetings with Trump this afternoon were to finalize the details.

So much for the statement someone here was promoting: that the rumor was to catch leakers.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

a reply to: burdman30ott6

Are you for War with NK (or even just a preemptive first strike)?

Damn right I am. I am for silencing the midget dictator once and for all and casting his country back as far as is needed to ensure that the world has nothing to be concerned of from his little patch of hell for a few generations to come. I'm tired of sitting here in the largest American city he can most easily reach and listening to his threats. It is past time for him and his entire bloodline to lay dead in the smoldering ruins of Ryongsong Palace.

And how exactly would you like to go about silencing the midget with the strange hair? The Norks have heavy artillery embedded in caves on the high ground just North of the DMZ around Seoul. The moment that a bomb is dropped, Seoul gets showered with high explosives. The only way to silence them quickly is with lots of instant sunshine, which would irradiate Japan with fallout.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I'm not sure Bolton is convinced Russia meddled in our election, either. Right up Trump's alley. And just for fun, this is the flavor of the posts about him, on youtube.

Bolton has never missed a chance to push for a war he wouldn't fight in. Thank god he is not part of Trumps administration. WMD's Bolton WMD's. I trust intel agencies about as much as I trust CNN you disgusting POS.

-youtube poster

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   
The calm before the storm without a doubt now. This is bigger than North Korea. ~$heopleNation

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: pteridine

What about Russia?

Bolton will do what Trump tells him to do or be fired. Trump is trying to calm things down with Russia and find common ground. We really don't need another cold war and if Russia stops supporting Assad, that would be a good thing. The nerve agent attack may or may not have been Russian. Using a known Russian nerve agent seems like a frame up. They could have just dropped a [British] brick on his head and tossed him in the river. As to hacking into computer systems; this may come as a shock, but that is a common event. Everyone hacks everyone else. More than one foreign government hacked into Hilly's DIY server and she didn't know it. The FBI supposedly knew but neglected to tell her. Maybe they were hacking also to mine embarrassing or criminal information to curb her when she became president, much like J. Edgar did for all those presidents. She managed to lose for reasons that she is still imagining and that loss completely messed up any plans. Trump is removing the FBI mine overseers before they can mine his info. The winds blow cold and strong at the top but all of them knew the Machiavellian rules, so don't feel sorry for them.
Comey and McCabe and whomever of their coven is left are working hard to weasel out from under. I'm betting they are trying to hush up the weak link, Page, before she makes a deal.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Appreciate the reply. Do you think millions of South Korean lives are an acceptable sacrifice to achieve those ends?

Compared to the lives of Americans, my own family included? Absolutely. If you want to start dealing in zero sum games, I will support my own everytime.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   
This wacko on CNN just suggested this change is part of Trump's plan to surround himself with people who are soft on Russia like he is.

Bolton has called on several occasions for Trump to get tougher on Russia.

Do these people do any research or do they just get their talking points from the DNC and run with them regardless?

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Withdraw every American troop, family member, and support staff 24 hours before striking Pyongyang. Problem solved.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Wayfarer

I like the crusty furry old bastard.

The good part about this appointment is that we won't have long to wait to see how effective he is with North Korea.

He's like an adorable, skinny, Wilfred Brimley.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Appreciate the reply. Do you think millions of South Korean lives are an acceptable sacrifice to achieve those ends?

Compared to the lives of Americans, my own family included? Absolutely. If you want to start dealing in zero sum games, I will support my own everytime.

That's totally understandable (thought I don't agree with it in this case). Does the fact that NK has for the most part been entirely about posturing & rhetoric factor at all into your propensity for a first strike (insomuch as the threat they pose is still speculative)? For the sake of consistency are there any other nations you think we should make a first strike against right now?

link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
I'm not sure Bolton is convinced Russia meddled in our election, either. Right up Trump's alley. And just for fun, this is the flavor of the posts about him, on youtube.

Bolton has never missed a chance to push for a war he wouldn't fight in. Thank god he is not part of Trumps administration. WMD's Bolton WMD's. I trust intel agencies about as much as I trust CNN you disgusting POS.

-youtube poster

Bull#.

Acknowledges Russian interference

Also,
applauds strong response to spy poisoning

This is what happens when you get your news from YouTube.
edit on 22 3 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

link   
My sources in North Korea just sent me a clip of Kim reacting to the news. . . .

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Withdraw every American troop, family member, and support staff 24 hours before striking Pyongyang. Problem solved.

Leave them there so they can have deaths to blame on NK. It will make hawks happy.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Leave them there so they can have deaths to blame on NK. It will make hawks happy.

When you have to make # up to make your point, reconsider your point.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

Bolton will do what Trump tells him to do or be fired.

A yes-man. Then Trump will love him. I personally have never cared much for suck-ups.

edit on 3/22/2018 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

People want the US to kill people in a country that hasn't done anything to the US. And we tell South Korea, we got our back, until we start the war and bail.

Will will people have had enough warring?

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   

What other nation is directly (and almost daily) threatening us while simultaneously getting closer and closer to the capacity to make those threats a reality? If Iran ever strikes up their "Death to the American Satan" noise again, I'd not hesitate to support a little dance floor number with them, but at present all of the noise seems to be coming out of Pyongyang. We know what they intend to do, because they've told us time after time... if we sit around on our hands and it happens, then this country's leaders are as much to blame as the Norks would be.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Uhhh, before you start your funeral dirge, might we just entertain the tiny concept that we might possibly see peace?

I find it funny that people want to do the same thing over and over again and expect different results.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   

a reply to: AngryCymraeg

I see. So, you are saying that the lives of South Koreans and by extension the Japanese do not matter? Is that what you are saying?

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

I don't think anyone really knows why this move or what it will bring, policy-wise, if anything.

What it does do, especially with all the 'get Russia, but leave NK alone' rhetoric, is throw a big pause in predicting what Trump's next move is...by everyone...including any and all the 'leakers' . as well as Putin and NK. ...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join