It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bolton In, McMaster Out!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: Wayfarer

We need diplomacy in the worse way right now, and this guy won't help with that.

This guy is hard on NK, but Russia as well.

North Korea also knows Bolton. His appointment may just be a signal to NK that we are not the pushovers we were under previous administrations and that this will not be an easy sell for them. Of course, rocket boy will lie and bluster but he is worried that someone in his administration will whack him and so needs to show some progress. Maybe his Dragon Lady sister will be the next fearless leader if that happens if, she is not next for the good old anti-aircraft cannon spa remake.

They don't get this. They think diplomacy can still work even if the people you're negotiating with have no incentive to give in because they know you won't pull the trigger. That's how we got the Iran deal.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Lol,

Real life is not social boards

If someone can really hurt you when they kick your butt and they probably will enjoy all the pain that they will cause. You STFU and do whats your told.

Knowing Trump and his team are not playing games, North Korea will fall in line or suffer. Unless you really think North Korean military really thinks that they could survive a real war with America?

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

He is not entirely wrong with that. N. Korea has done this multiple times over the years. Make an agreement with the rest of the world in change for aid or lifting of sanctions only to have them start it back up after they get the aid.

At what point do you slap the crap out of the boy who cried wolf?

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
I think Bolton is a strategic move to make sure NoKo knows there's no wiggle room to screw around with the negotiations.

If so it's pretty brilliant.

I'll add to this that in the world of big business, having a "Devils Advocate" as part of your decision process is helpful in creating positive ideas.

I personally liked McMasters, but I'm pretty sure he wasn't to good for creating good group discussions. Bolton doesn't have as strong of a personallity so that allowing him to voice his opinion without it taking over the discussion is a possitive turn.

edit on 22-3-2018 by Guyfriday because: Quit reading this edit and mind your own business as to what I may or may not have messed up

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   
They must be celebrating over at Halliburton and Raytheon....

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Last drama that I watched that put a Bolton in power didn't end well.

Just sayin'.

link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I wonder if McMaster was suspected as being a "leaker" in the White House?

link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson

Knowing Trump and his team are not playing games, North Korea will fall in line or suffer. Unless you really think North Korean military really thinks that they could survive a real war with America?

Little Kim and his entourage are probably prepared to live comfortably in a bunker 2 miles under the earth for the next century while South Korea is glassed. The threat was never to the US, but to SK (and to a lesser extent Japan and other neighboring nations).
edit on 12pm18fpmThu, 22 Mar 2018 18:00:07 -0500America/ChicagoThu, 22 Mar 2018 18:00:07 -0500 by Wayfarer because: additional info

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   

I dont see Trump waging a war outside of a complete conquest of a perceived enemy.

He doesnt ring to me as the "police action" type.

Barring WW3, I think we are good for both his terms as president. No new wars are coming as long as he is president IMO.

edit on 3 22 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I think this is the Al Capone strategy.

"It is much easier to get what you want with a kind word and a gun than it is with just a kind word."

It is a good negotiating tool to have a strong NSA.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Good ole CNN, proving why they're fake news.

While this isn't false, it's incredibly misleading. Viewers who don't have a clue (read: most CNN viewers) will be left with the impression his only credentials are that he worked for Fox News.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I think this is the Al Capone strategy.

"It is much easier to get what you want with a kind word and a gun than it is with just a kind word."

It is a good negotiating tool to have a strong NSA.

I genuinely hope your right, its just that the impression I get from Bolton is he doesn't want a 'show of force', but rather to skip the 'show' and get on with the 'force'.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Last drama that I watched that put a Bolton in power didn't end well.

Just sayin'.

Hm. I believe he was eaten by his own dogs. You might be on to something...

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

I dont see Trump waging a war outside of a complete conquest of a perceived enemy.

He doesnt ring to me as the "police action" type.

Barring WW3, I think we are good for both his terms as president.

Also, keep in mind our 2 major headaches right now, Iran and North Korea, don't have the capability to wage war with us unless we enter their country. Neither one has power projection capabilities (North Korea is close though, which is what we need to prevent). If we did a limited strike on either, and then left, instead of invading like we did with Iraq, they wouldn't be able to retaliate.

ETA: Obviously we're not gonna leave South Korea, I'm just making a general statement. The situations are much more complicated, of course.
edit on 22 3 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785
Yeah I'm with you on that. That's a terrible reader and I wouldn't be surprised if there viewership gets confused.

While I don't agree with Bolton on foreign policy strategy, he most certainly is an experienced diplomat and Washington insider.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   
If anyone wants entertainment put CNN on, they are losing their #ing minds.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: VimanaExplorer

We had a CIA guy for President for gosh sakes and the world didn't crumble into the abyss. If anything they are more informed on the who what and where than anyone else.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Are you for War with NK (or even just a preemptive first strike)?

Damn right I am. I am for silencing the midget dictator once and for all and casting his country back as far as is needed to ensure that the world has nothing to be concerned of from his little patch of hell for a few generations to come. I'm tired of sitting here in the largest American city he can most easily reach and listening to his threats. It is past time for him and his entire bloodline to lay dead in the smoldering ruins of Ryongsong Palace.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   

I like the crusty furry old bastard.

The good part about this appointment is that we won't have long to wait to see how effective he is with North Korea.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Wayfarer
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Are you for War with NK (or even just a preemptive first strike)?

Damn right I am. I am for silencing the midget dictator once and for all and casting his country back as far as is needed to ensure that the world has nothing to be concerned of from his little patch of hell for a few generations to come. I'm tired of sitting here in the largest American city he can most easily reach and listening to his threats. It is past time for him and his entire bloodline to lay dead in the smoldering ruins of Ryongsong Palace.

Appreciate the reply. Do you think millions of South Korean lives are an acceptable sacrifice to achieve those ends?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join