It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bolton In, McMaster Out!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
I think Bolton is a strategic move to make sure NoKo knows there's no wiggle room to screw around with the negotiations.

If so it's pretty brilliant.

Let's pretend that trump didn't pick him because he was on Fox and said something nice about him.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 02:19 AM
link   
This is not necessarily a Bolton issue, but if the US wants to have another shootout, as they tried in the summer of 2013,
the US will get it!

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Question.

What did Bolton do to NK in the years with the Bush administration? I recall Iraq and WMD's but nothing much in the way of NK.

Not much. Bush included NK in the "Axis of Evil" but overall the US tried to essentially bribe North Korea with food and energy aid for most of Bush's tenure, a policy driven by the UN. The last time Bolton was in a position of public service in DC, however, North Korea's nuclear program was still largely speculative. Things have changed over the past 9 years, with the country now actually possessing both functional warheads and missile systems which can reach the US mainland (when they don't blow up on the launch pad... a problem which we won't always have to cover our asses.)

NK's first confirmed nuclear test was in 2006. Wasn't Bolton still in the Bush administration then?

And McMaster was involved with a RUSSIA "think tank".
dailycaller.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 03:34 AM
link   

I hope you had a wonderful fulfilling weekend.

Good. If I accomplished one thing today, let it be known that I disgusted the right individuals. Redneck diplomacy works...

I can tell by your wording I got into your head to the point of you demonstrating petulance in how you worded your response.

Please expound on what exactly you meant by "right individuals"...?

Btw, calling for the slaughter of millions of civilians based on rudimentary understanding of geopolitics is most definitely "redneck diplomacy". After all...

Nearly two-thirds of Americans can’t find North Korea on a map. Can you?: www.washingtonpost.com...

Also, Mr. Moderator...

your hystrionics are proof of that fact, boy.

Me, seeking attention...? Oh please, the ones demonstrating *hystrionics* are the ones on here, every day, all day, 365 days a year...

Your comment is very telling. It says more about you than it does myself. I'm not putting on a show for others. I'm actually focused on you and your thought-process concerning this topic. I actually have a REAL life (and a girlfriend...] and not emotionally invested or attached to any social media site. I do admire, in a my own twisted way, the false sense of community tho...

See what happens when you don't stick to the topic and philosophize...? So, let's get back to the topic.

AGAIN (for the THIRD TIME): list some of those *policies* "which makes [others] sit back and accept reciprocal bad stuff from other countries."

You put that on the table. So, let's eat...

LIST THOSE POLICIES.... I want to understand your geopolitical angle.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Question. What did Bolton do to NK in the years with the Bush administration?

Starred that one.

For, burdman30ott6, to answer that question will result in mud in his face and expose his rudimentary geopolitical rhetoric or "redneck diplomacy" as he labels it — as being rooted ignorance.

Ask, burdman30ott6, about the 1994 Agreed Framework: www.armscontrol.org... by the US and DRPK and how the US did not live up to its end of the bargain; only to be *patched up* again under the Clinton administration; and then unravelled by Cheney, Rumsfeld and James Bolton under the Bush administration.

Bush declined to reaffirm the communique pledging “no hostile intent.”

burdman30ott6

...and yet, N.Korea is the threat?

Meanwhile, leading conservatives in his administration — Vice President Dick Cheney, Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, Undersecretary of State John Bolton and others — actively sought to torpedo the Agreed Framework.

How Washington hard-liners helped to create the North Korean crisis: www.washingtonpost.com... a3e1a70

Southern Guardian:

I recall Iraq and WMD's but nothing much in the way of NK.

The above double-cross by the US re: *Agreed Framework* all ties in with N.Korea and the military industrial complex agenda during that time of propaganda fuelled hostilities towards Iraq and Iran that is still being enforced—via the Pentagon—in present times.

The president labeled North Korea a member of the “axis of evil,” along with Iran and Iraq. In mid-2002, a U.S. intelligence determination that North Korea had taken initial steps to acquire the capability to make a uranium bomb was used by the conservatives as an excuse for Washington to pull out of the 1994 framework deal.

The only difference today is Russia is not going along with it all anymore. AND, as mighty as the US military industrial complex is: those two nations, Russia and Iran, are still nothing to F# with. America will win that war, but not before it comes to American soil and cause great loss of life.

N.Korea has always been bluffing. But not Iran, and most certainly not Russia...

edit on 29-3-2018 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

That's why Lil Kim went to China. Now if the Yanks invade they have China to deal with. But we knew that all along, reports were that most of the American assets were moving down to South Korea. So Either China has defused it all, or it's still on. Mabey a showdown with Russia as well.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

That's why Lil Kim went to China. Now if the Yanks invade they have China to deal with. But we knew that all along, reports were that most of the American assets were moving down to South Korea. So Either China has defused it all, or it's still on. Mabey a showdown with Russia as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join