It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bolton In, McMaster Out!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I guess if you are not from the states it is rather imposible to grasp the inner workings of your gubberment

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: alexpmi
I guess if you are not from the states it is rather imposible to grasp the inner workings of your gubberment

Nah a lot of the people here don't know how it works either. Every day I see people talking about how the GOP "controls" the Senate, even though it takes 60 votes to overcome a filibuster and the GOP only has 51 seats.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

The idiot wanted to invade Cuba.
And I don't need or watch Youtube, I personally lived through the lead up and invasion of Iraq based on false intelligence this man sold.

For all of trump's crap he gave Jeb Bush about Ws bad decision to invade Iraq, he is hiring the man who helped rig the intelligence and make it happen.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Perfect for Low information voters

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: angeldoll

Meh. I was just curious to see him talking. I really wasn't that familiar with him. Just watched the first thing I saw him on when I searched his name.

Sorry about your apple cart.

In other words you were uninformed. Now you're informed. There still isn't an apple cart. You also got a good lesson in how Google results are biased. If that was the first thing you saw, they've really gotten bad. Go forward wiser and more caution and don't be duped so easily.

lol! Yes, grasshopper. I will heretofore go forth into the world only as a sojourner of truth.
edit on 3/22/2018 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

And I don't need or watch Youtube, I personally lived through the lead up and invasion of Iraq based on false intelligence this man sold.

For all of trump's crap he gave Jeb Bush about Ws bad decision to invade Iraq, he is hiring the man who helped rig the intelligence and make it happen.

Obviously, NK knows these facts too. He knowswhat happened to Iraq and Saddam. Trump just played a trump card before negotiating...let's see if Kim wishes to continue to bluff or fold.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   

"some of which remain unsubstantiated" (In 2005)

That means other allegations had been substantiated.

And since then via congressional testimony and hearings.

Do your homework.

Bolton’s staff prepared a speech alleging that Cuba had an active biological weapons program. This wasn’t true, and the State Department’s lead bioweapons analyst at the time would not sign off on the claim. Per the analyst’s sworn testimony to Congress, Bolton then called the analyst into his office, screamed at him, and then sent for his boss

www.vox.com...

Congressional Testimony link available in click through in the article.
edit on 22-3-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   
BOLTON?

One of the architects of the IRAQ WAR?...

oh Trump... why?

edit on 22/3/18 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Xcathdra

I wonder if McMaster was suspected as being a "leaker" in the White House?

That was my thought as well. I do know earlier in Trumps 1st year a member of the NSC supposedly resigned for leaking info. McMasters was also against moving the US Embassy to Jerusalem. Having a difference of opinion when it comes to US policy and you are a top member of the admin it becomes problematic. That was one of the reasons Tillerson was replaced.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Xcathdra

I wonder if McMaster was suspected as being a "leaker" in the White House?

That was my thought as well. I do know earlier in Trumps 1st year a member of the NSC supposedly resigned for leaking info. McMasters was also against moving the US Embassy to Jerusalem. Having a difference of opinion when it comes to US policy and you are a top member of the admin it becomes problematic. That was one of the reasons Tillerson was replaced.

I'm glad that President Trump is now better understanding how things in the government realm works, and is choosing the people HE WANTS, instead of those who are highly-recommended by others.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Probably the most disturbing is the fact that Bolton doesn't want NK to back down. He actively wants the talks between Lil'Kim and Trump to fail in a big way so (as he believes/expects) we can have a mandate to strike them militarily.

Fox News Interview - specifically the end

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   

I'll just leave
these
here

for those, 15 years later, whose media of choice still haven't got them informed. Our troops did indeed find WMD in Iraq. What we got wrong was they didn't have an active production program. Chemical weapons that are past their shelf life are less effective, but still dangerous, as our soldiers found out.

But, ya know, there are narratives to push. #bushdid911 and stuff. RAH RAH!

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   

"some of which remain unsubstantiated" (In 2005)

That means other allegations had been substantiated.

And since then via congressional testimony and hearings.

Do your homework.

Bolton’s staff prepared a speech alleging that Cuba had an active biological weapons program. This wasn’t true, and the State Department’s lead bioweapons analyst at the time would not sign off on the claim. Per the analyst’s sworn testimony to Congress, Bolton then called the analyst into his office, screamed at him, and then sent for his boss

www.vox.com...

Congressional Testimony link available in click through in the article.

Do your homework indeed. Did you even click on any of the links in their article? Their link doesn't say what the article says. My emphasis:

During April 11-12 Senate Foreign Relations Committee hearings on the confirmation of John R. Bolton to be U.S. permanent representative to the United Nations, a major controversy involved the use of intelligence on alleged Cuban efforts that might lead to biological weapons.

The speech that Bolton delivered read, “The United States believes that Cuba has at least a limited offensive biological warfare research and development effort. Cuba has provided dual-use biotechnology to other rogue states. We are concerned that such technology could support [biological weapons] programs in those states. We call on Cuba to cease all [biological weapons]-applicable cooperation with rogue states and to fully comply with all of its obligations under the Biological Weapons Convention.”

Since you obviously don't know how to read this material, let me spell it out for you. What they're saying is that Cuba has the technology to produce BW if they wanted. He's not saying they have a full-blown BW production line and stockpiles. I don't know whether Vox is intentionally misleading people like you or if the people who researched and wrote that Vox article just don't know what they're reading, but it doesn't say what they think it says. The Bush administration further clarified Bolton's statements, stressing they were not accusing Cuba of having an active BW production program. Of course this is conveniently missing from the Vox article:

Bolton's statement was widely quoted in the mass media and became a major issue in Washington, DC, as it implied that Cuba was not complying with its obligations under the BWC, possibly because it was undertaking an offensive BW development effort (research, even if "offensive," is not mentioned in the BWC and therefore does not fall under its provisions). Attempting to defuse a sensitive situation, Secretary of State Colin Powell at a later press briefing answered a question concerning Cuba as follows:

As Under Secretary Bolton said recently, we do believe that Cuba has a biological offensive research capability. We didn't say that it actually had such weapons, but it has the capacity the capability to conduct such research. This is not a new statement... So Under Secretary Bolton's speech which got attention on this issue again wasn't breaking new ground as far as the United States' position on this issue goes.

And he's right, this is not a new statement. Bolton and his staff didn't just invent this Cuba BW thing out of nowhere.

In 1998, the U.S. Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) released a report suggesting a potential Cuban BW program. [27] It stated: "Cuba's current scientific facilities and expertise could support an offensive BW program in at least the research and development stage. Cuba's biotechnology industry is one of the most advanced in emerging countries and would be capable of producing BW agents." Thus, nothing damning was noted by the DIA in 1998, only that Cuba had the potential to acquire biological weapons should its leadership so decide. In a subsequent report, issued in 2000 by the U.S. Department of State, seven states were identified as sponsors of international terrorism, including Iran, Iraq, Syria, Libya, Cuba, Sudan, and North Korea. According to the authors, it was "alarming" that several of these states were believed to also have a BW capacity, although Cuba was not specifically mentioned in this regard. [28]

I suppose Bolton got the DIA and State Department under the Clinton administration to cook this up? While he was working at a law firm and his think tank side-gig?

Sources:
Arms Control
Nuclear Threat Initiative

I'll put NTI up against Vox any day. You got misled.
edit on 22 3 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

You live in NYC? NYC is in reach of NoKo?

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy

Perfect for Low information voters

Look how they're panicking tonight: www.breitbart.com...
LOL.. I LOVE IT!

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Isn't this what Trump supporters talked about?

"Hillary," starting WWIII? Don't misconstrue me, I don't think this is WWIII, but Bolton - again? Really?

This is the "anti-establishment," candidate?

Ah, I always forget, ATS is here to inform me I'm just a Trump hater, a liberal cuck, I'm too stupid to see the grand plan, I don't understand Trump's big city talk, I project my own lies onto Trump, he's not racially ignorant but I am, he's playing quantum chess against the deep state, he's triggering the triggerables, he's doing his high risk high reward strategy, etc etc

Trump is never wrong.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   

I'm not saying that he likes his Fox personalities but I heard they're putting a green room in the West wing.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I haven't seen the left crapping themselves this much since the night of the election.

The ultimate irony is if Trump can negotiate a peace.

When will the leftists do??? Argue for war just to be anti-Trump?

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
I like Bolton.

I like him too. But, he's still a GD'd politician. So I'll trust him as far as I can throw him.

What's that you say? I'll never even be able to get within ten feet of him?

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: carewemust

I haven't seen the left crapping themselves this much since the night of the election.

The ultimate irony is if Trump can negotiate a peace.

When will the leftists do??? Argue for war just to be anti-Trump?

LOL, you aint seen nothing yet! Wait until the Left finds out that AG Jeff Sessions has already empaneled a GRAND JURY that's investigating the Obama Administration's (alleged) criminal activities.

EVIDENCE HERE: theconservativetreehouse.com...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join