It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**BREAKING** Shooting confirmed at High School in Maryland, facility on lockdown

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy
Well according to this source:

www.msn.com...
The SRO ended the shooting by shooting the gunman and wounding him...

Score one for Trump and the NRA...competent adults with a gun can stop these things when they start.

How many "scores" do you think they lost at Stoneman Douglas?

link   

www.msn.com...

Score one for Trump and the NRA...competent adults with a gun can stop these things when they start.

GO FREEDOM

link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

www.msn.com...

How many "scores" do you think they lost at Stoneman Douglas?

In my scoring...none.

Now the Federal government and local authorities...they are left tattered and worthless.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I agree.

But if we're going to start awarding points to Trump and the NRA because an SRO did his job, that begs the question of how many points do we deduct when an SRO doesn't do his job.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

I agree.

But if we're going to start awarding points to Trump and the NRA because an SRO did his job, that begs the question of how many points do we deduct when an SRO doesn't do his job.

Begging the question is a logical fallacy.

That being said, awarding points over the corpse of innocents is pretty disgusting behavior in general.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
My wife is a teacher and I’d like to know the name of the product you have a shown those look cheap and effective and I’d like to look into them more.

a reply to: SailorJerry

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird
There has been some chatter about hiring an extra SRO (for each high school in the county) for about $50 per day

Are school police officers really paid such a low wage? Then factor in uniform, equipment, training etc it seems dirt cheap supplying a cop for $50 per day. Sad you need cops in your schools though, never heard of it in my part of the world, but I imagine some #hole schools in London might have some.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

This could have been avoided if ___________________. (fill in the blank).

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

Yea we should have armed soldiers on every street corner!! MAGA!!

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy
Yes, for the 'extra' officer. This would be in addition (sort of like moonlighting) to their regular schedule and several that I know that work a regular 40 hour a week job AND are a cop after that.
It is sort of a lowball offer but I think that they are looking for it to be different officers all of the time. They use them as well at sporting events and other such.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Begging the question is a logical fallacy.

It would be if I had used to question to support the premise, which I didn't. It's more an incorrect usage of the term.

That being said, awarding points over the corpse of innocents is pretty disgusting behavior in general.

Certainly.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
My wife is a teacher and I’d like to know the name of the product you have a shown those look cheap and effective and I’d like to look into them more.

a reply to: SailorJerry

Which way does her classroom door open? Those only really work one way, if the doors open out.

If the doors open in, you can find something like this:

www.amazon.com...

For about $50. It actually will work both ways.

The other one in the prior post is called Barracuda

ETA: By the way...if the door opens in, a simple and easy solution (and one we got for my son) is this:

www.houzz.com...

A simple steel and rubber wedge.
edit on 3/20/2018 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

I hope that works out for them, but $50 for an entire day of detail work seems pretty steep on the low-ball. Where I'm at, that would get you a whopping hour and a half of detail work, roughly.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I would imagine there are some there?
How is the security otherwise? Open campuses with freedom of movement? What about parental abductions there? How is that handled or is it even a 'thing' there?

Two links sent

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Thanks, got ya, still seems cheap for an 8 hour day though, especially if it's effectively overtime.
We have unpaid volunteer 'special constables' here, they have the same powers of arrest, just do it for free aside from expenses.
Competition to get into the police service is fierce here, often university degree and a couple of years volunteering as a 'special constable' first. Maybe your county could consider volunteer cops as a way of saving money, I'm sure there's plenty of decent folk who would be prepared to do it.

Just seen your second reply

Minimal security at schools in my area, certainly no guards or police, you can just walk in to secondary schools (age 12-18), but primary schools have fences and gates where you have to be 'buzzed' in. I've never heard of parental abduction in my part of the world but I'm sure it goes on.
edit on 20-3-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Thanks for the Info! yes she has an outward opening door. Quite the novel solution.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   

I've hired security from local PD's and the going rate is usually 25-30 an hour.

So $50 for a whole day is very cheap. TBH, i'd expect true public servants to be willing to do that wage. But wouldn't begrudge an officer choosing not to.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Now I know these are MK ultra shootings.

Copy cats would be different.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
So that would leave the poorer communities SOL.

The only schools I've ever seen metal detectors in are schools in the inner city where I used to work.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: kaylaluv
So that would leave the poorer communities SOL.

The only schools I've ever seen metal detectors in are schools in the inner city where I used to work.

Which are probably paid for by taxes, not by personal contributions from parents.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join