It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOJ-FBI are Not Releasing Clinton Criminal Investigation Documents to Congress.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Monday, March 19, 2018

The United States CONGRESS created the Department of Justice in 1870. Therefore, Congress is above the D.O.J.. When Congress asks for something from the Department of Justice, or one of its agencies, such as the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI), the FBI should NOT be able to tell Congress, "NO!".

But that's exactly what's happening with 2014/2015 F.B.I. documents pertaining to the agency's investigation of Federal Laws allegedly broken by Hillary Clinton.

A top House Republican is preparing to subpoena the Justice Department for records gathered by its inspector general in his review of how the FBI handled its 2016 investigation of Hillary Clinton, according to two GOP sources familiar with the congressman’s plans.

Lawmakers have clamored to obtain the 1.2 million documents that the inspector general, Michael Horowitz, has gathered in his investigation, which has already led to the ouster of FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe on the eve of his retirement. But so far, Republicans have complained that the Justice Department has turned over only a few thousand of the documents.

Rep. Bob Goodlatte (R-Va.), the chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, is preparing to issue an “imminent” subpoena to the department to produce the documents, Rep. John Ratcliffe (R-Texas) said in an interview. A Republican committee source also confirmed that the subpoena was expected to come soon.
MORE AT: www.politico.com...

Why should the authority (Congress) that created and oversees the FBI, need to take legal action to obtain documents from that agency? I don't undertand why such drastic measures are even needed. And, because the DOJ needs Congress's support on many issues, the Directors of the FBI (Christopher Wray) and DOJ (Jefferson Sessions) are hurting their departments, by not cooperating.

-CareWeMust

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Still stonewalling?

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I believe many people at the JD are doing all they can to suppress any info Congress wants.

The "new" people there have a hard time finding things that get "mis-placed".

Hopefully a lot of this confusion gets cleared up as the November elections approach 😎

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Im going to guess they are using the "on going investigation" reason. Hell, Im not even sure if that applies. I truly hope, these cheese curds ( no offense to wonderful Wisconsin curds intended) get their just desert if improprieties are found to exist.

+13 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   
obviously, they are hiding how 'innocent' the FBI and DNC and Clintons are...

i mean, when your accused of crimes and your law enforcement agencies are accused of covering up those crimes, the one thing you do is refuse to release any documentation about the matter..

subpoena them, then when they are found to have committed treason.. hang them!

hang them high.. so everyone can see what happens when you sell out your country

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Still stonewalling?

Congressional Investigative Committees asked for these documents 5 months ago.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   

The swamp looks as dirty as always.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
I believe many people at the JD are doing all they can to suppress any info Congress wants.

Hopefully a lot of this confusion gets cleared up as the November elections approach 😎

Why can't a Committee leader go to his former colleague, AG Jeff Sessions, and ask him to have the documents released? Everyone in the DOJ/FBI has to obey Jeff Sessions, or get fired.

+11 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Our government is a ####ing train wreck.

Openly corrupt.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: xuenchen

Hopefully a lot of this confusion gets cleared up as the November elections approach

Why can't a Committee leader go to his former colleague, AG Jeff Sessions, and ask him to have the documents released? Everyone in the DOJ/FBI has to obey Jeff Sessions, or get fired.

They can.

But remember the "Timing" is everything.

That IG Report is going to be a Klobber-Knocker.

Trump (and Sessions) are up against one of the most powerful implanted political machines in history 👁️

edit on Mar-19-2018 by xuenchen because: 🎏

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Openly corrupt.

It is corrupt at all levels, the states, the counties, the small towns, the cops .. Its unfixable and I think we might actually see martial law before I die..

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Republicans are requesting it, and it is republicans that are happy to see McCabe go. That topped with the IG report recommending his firing sends flags up for me. Seems like McCabe may have been a fall guy for an investigation that turned up some dirt along with a scapegoat for coverup.

They found something they didn't want to find, so in turn found a fall guy to take the pressure off the results. I doubt even Sessions has access to all the info, seeing as he performed his action solely on the IG report.

This could get interesting.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Basically, stonewalling. What FurryTexan posted. After McCabe, who is next? Prolly Stroz an Lisa...

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

All the more reason why a Special Prosecutor is needed. When the S.P. asks for something, it's delivered. If not, the head of the FBI could be indicted for obstruction of justice.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

You're right. Congress is very inefficient too. Working only 147 days this year doesn't give them much time to do much of anything...as they've already demonstrated. First Quarter of 2018 is coming to a close and what legislation has been passed?

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Problem is, If Congress did receive the documents requested and found impropriety, they would have to send a referral to prosecute to the DOJ and the DOJ will tell Congress to hump a stump. They are not going to investigate and prosecute themselves.... Congress is a paper tiger and have no prosecutorial powers of their own.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Ahhh.the I.G. Report. Word tonight is that its release is being delayed. Whistle-blowers and documents are suddenly emerging from the swamp at a frantic pace. The Office of Inspector General can't close out the report.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Openly corrupt.

It is corrupt at all levels, the states, the counties, the small towns, the cops .. Its unfixable and I think we might actually see martial law before I die..

Martial law due to a civil war breaking out? I've heard that predicted.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Not a chance, no need for martial law. People are complacent and the gov't gets away with murder on a daily basis.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Basically, stonewalling. What FurryTexan posted. After McCabe, who is next? Prolly Stroz an Lisa...

From what I've read tonight, new damning information on James Comey has been relayed to the DOJ/OIG. Maybe from McCabe as part of a "deal"?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join