It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to unveil opioid plan seeking death penalty for drug dealers

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
Good job ATS.

In your quest to hate everything trump. You are now defending dope dealers.

I'm watching a very close and dear friend loosing the battle to escape Heroin. As much as she tries, it keeps pulling her back in. I'm very aware that it was her choice to try it in the first place but to give them no way out and to keep them in that addiction prison all their lives with no means of escape, it's inhumane.

So myself... I'd like to see dealers dealt with, even if it's as severe as this. Take away the source, easier to deal with the addiction.

I'm sick and tired watching someone I care about one more moment closer to death, knowing that any day could be her last. For those that think, "Don't do it"... It's not at all that simple. I have nothing but heated rage for those people who peddle that crap to the weak. Addicts arn't addicts because their life is perfect. They're likely addicts because of the childhood trauma that put them there.... Rape, pedophilia, brutality, and so forth. People with problems tend to self medicate because they don't always know or can afford alternatives. My heart goes out to them.

For the dealers... Yeah... I'm liking this plan...

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Do you guys love anxiexy, or does someone have an actual current Trump statement?

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Trump just gave a speech in New Hampshire. He is calling for the death penalty for some dealers. Sessions was there and Trump gave him credit for the great job he's doing on the sanctuary cities and the opiod crisis.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Trump believes that reducing the supply of pills will reduce the demand for the same. I'd make a crack at Trump's economic stupidity, but frankly the government has operated under this philosophy concerning drugs for some time now. Sessions is also a fan of the 1980's war on drugs, which also functioned under similar economic concepts.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

Does anyone think sessions want to kill pot dealers also?.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
What i can guarantee will happen:

More cops will be shot and killed.

If you up the ante, you have to expect that when someone selling opiods, or in posession of enough opiods that it would be considered "distribution", is faced with a death penalty charge, they are going to shoot the person trying to have them killed.

And that is what it would be: cops would arrest you for opiods so that you could be killed.

Side note: i would lose any trust or respect for LEO at this point as they would be the epitome of jack boots.

link   
a reply to: testingtesting

I hope not. It's probably going to be the hard core opium/heroin, fentanyl, coc aine dealers they go after for the death penalty. The ones that kill people. Pot never killed anyone, so it shouldn't be included in this.

link   
a reply to: testingtesting

n/a
edit on 19-3-2018 by EchoesInTime because: my first dp

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
What i can guarantee will happen:

More cops will be shot and killed.

If you up the ante, you have to expect that when someone selling opiods, or in posession of enough opiods that it would be considered "distribution", is faced with a death penalty charge, they are going to shoot the person trying to have them killed.

And that is what it would be: cops would arrest you for opiods so that you could be killed.

Side note: i would lose any trust or respect for LEO at this point as they would be the epitome of jack boots.

This is the point that Sessions refuses to get or understand. Escalating force against these things ISN'T working. It just escalates the retaliation from the criminals, and when criminals have an unlimited profit margin versus police districts who are beholden to government budgets, that should be an obvious call as to who wins that battle.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Can you see the gears turning now? Did you ever wonder why they were moving towards legalizing pot when they refused to even discuss it for so long?

This is the real reason Trump is here. Obama could never stand up there and advocate executing drug dealers, could he? Trump can. And it took them less than two years to get from a place where that was unthinkable to the point where the POTUS is saying that in public.

Of course I don't really believe they will execute them. They will settle for putting them in concentration camps or something. Because, well, you know, the left is just so against inhumanity and all that jazz.

Still believe that Trump was an accident? Still believe Trump is anti-establishment?

edit on 19-3-2018 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
"There is no such thing as addiction. There are just some things that you enjoy doing more than life." -- Doug Stanhope

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

It may work in the philippines. In The US we are too well armed.

Im pushing for less leo contact with the public and these assholes want more.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
I'm pushing for less leo contact with the public and these assholes want more.

The only thing better than big government is bigly government.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   
If Trump said that he needs impeached.

Not really much more to discuss.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

No, big donors will get a free pass.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

The source will never run out though,
I hope your friend can muster up the hope, and will power to get though it..I did it, anyone else can too, hope for better is key.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

My exact thought. Being caught means death so shooting at police to escape becomes rational.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   
You know big pharma wont be hit. Only street dealers and big movers.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
It'll be interesting to see if future generations will be as hooked on opiates as people are today.

In the last few years it has gotten much more difficult to get a prescription for pain killers thanks to the opioid epidemic.

You used to be able to go in and feign some sort of pain and walk away with a prescription.

Now doctors won't prescribe opiates unless there is a legitimate reason such as surgery or a really bad injury.

Things have definitely changed, doctors are not just handing out potent medications like candy anymore.
edit on 19-3-2018 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
If Trump said that he needs impeached.

That's the thing about it. It isn't an impeachable offense to propose a new law unless it violates the Constitution. The death penalty doesn't violate the Constitution as long as the law is passed in the usual manner and people have to be convicted before they get the death penalty.

Without due process doesn't mean it can't happen. It means it can be done if the person gets a trial.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join