It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to unveil opioid plan seeking death penalty for drug dealers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
I'd only be on board with that if we limited it to Mormons.

Nope. All the religious loonies get a free trip to the Thunderdome.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Revamping the already failed war on drugs...bad move.
Waste of time and money. Guess drugs are only okay as long as it comes from them.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

If it includes the CEOs of Big Pharma, I'm all for the death penalty....

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I used to think Trump was just treated unfairly in the media. Now I realize his policies suck AND he's treated unfairly by the media.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarPig1939
Murderers get reduced time, Illegal Aliens get away with no charges, Rapists get off scott free due to technicalities. Child Molesters get some time and get put on a registry. Child grooming pimps get a few years and get a new lease on life.

DRUG DEALERS?! OH HELL NAW! We gonna kill those people!

Well they are sneaking into your kids bedrooms after dark and injecting them with deadly drugs as they sleep, I mean, it's only natural to want to kill them..

oh wait...

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Last administration forces you to buy, this one is going to kill all the competition ..

HHmm whos really running shi...?

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Good job ATS.

In your quest to hate everything trump. You are now defending dope dealers.

I frequent here pretty often, from what I've gathered it's far from a hate Trump site.

That being said, I don't think arguing this idea is "defending drug dealers".

Death penalty for non violent crimes? That's not what developed nations do.

And before you say something hard line like "they deserve it, or it would be a deterrent".... No, if wouldn't. We'd have the same crime rates with it.

Also, putting someone to death is very expensive, and also offers an easy out.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   
So, do we start with the CIA? Didn’t Bush senior run drugs for them? Clinton protected that air strip in Mena Arkansas that was bringing in loads from pablo escobar. Freeway Ricky Ross was getting his coc aine from cia protected sources.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Ummm...damn...I didn't realize there were so many drug dealers on ATS...learn something new every day...

Do I really have to end that with SARC...?

If your a mary jane dealer...then standard punishment...However...those of you championing the rights of the meth...heroin...and other upper tier drug dealers...are high...
Those people deserve a special place in hell for what they do to kids...let alone teens and adults...

Back away from the crack pipe...and think about it...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

No drug dealer ever had to force someone to buy. What happened to supply and demand? Is that really a crime a now?

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   

What about the little old lady with a terminal illness that is selling part of her script to help pay for treatment? Are we also going to execute her?

link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Good job ATS.

In your quest to hate everything trump. You are now defending dope dealers.

I frequent here pretty often, from what I've gathered it's far from a hate Trump site.

That being said, I don't think arguing this idea is "defending drug dealers".

Death penalty for non violent crimes? That's not what developed nations do.

And before you say something hard line like "they deserve it, or it would be a deterrent".... No, if wouldn't. We'd have the same crime rates with it.

Also, putting someone to death is very expensive, and also offers an easy out.

Ummm...so you consider all the overdose deaths...what...a pleasant trip down glory lane...?

So it wasn't violent...but the result was the same...and was a direct result of being hooked by...you guessed it...a dope dealer...

That's why it's called hooked...they reel you in when your young and impressionable...

Dealers should pay the price for every life they ruined...they all have multiple homicides following them around like a ghostly legion...

Defend that...

YouSir

link   

While I agree they are messed up people who sell it, and deserve to be punished...

Let's not act like doctors and big pharma don't have half the kids on Adderall, and half the adults on Xanax.

If we increase to death penalty, all it will do is make a more lucrative market for those who don't value their lives.

Thailand has life in prison for people caught with any drug. Usually the people caught are transit passengers who got stuff put in their luggage.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Ummm...so you consider all the overdose deaths...what...a pleasant trip down glory lane...?

So it wasn't violent...but the result was the same...and was a direct result of being hooked by...you guessed it...a dope dealer...

Most people get hooked from being over prescribed.

The habits are expensive, far too expensive for most teens to go get hooked on.

I'm all for finding a solution, but the data shows we need to take a good long look at the medical industry.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Ummm...I didn't address the big pharma issue because it's irrelevant to the hard drug dealer/cartel discussion...

I agree that Big pharma is also culpable in pushing a pill for every itch under the sun...Nor do I agree with it...

Hard drug dealers are a special kind of leech...they neither deserve your defense...or respect...nor should they be tolerated in any advanced society...not in my opinion that is...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   
What about methadone clinics?

My oldest brother had shoulder surgery that went bad, he got hooked on his pain pills and has been for three/four years.

He regularly visits the methadone clinic (about 100$/weekly), should the clinic and my brother be executed, too?

I mean, he had to have three surgeries so maybe he should've "just taken an aspirin to tough it off," like Sessions believes.

Trump supporters - appreciate you. While y'all are too busy making up theories about how Hillary is going to be arrested and how McCain is wearing an ankle monitor - your messiah is continuing to show his true colors.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Hard drug dealers are a special kind of leech...they neither deserve your defense...or respect...nor should they be tolerated in any advanced society...not in my opinion that is...

I've not once defended them or acted like they have my respect.

Ummm...I didn't address the big pharma issue because it's irrelevant to the hard drug dealer/cartel discussion...

When we have people dying because people get hooked from over prescription... I think that makes it relevant.

Drug dealers wouldn't prosper if so many people weren't hooked.

Susie Q isn't going to just go give heroine a shot, but if she tears her acl and is prescribed for six months.... Maybe once the script dries up.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Most people are getting hooked when they are legitimately prescribed opioids. Most opioid scripts are large enough that the person is physically addicted by the time they finish their course. It's just that in many cases the person is already feeling bad so they don't recognize the withdrawal symptoms for what they are when the script runs out.
edit on 3/19/2018 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
i guess he meant the darker skinned dealers on the streets

I stopped reading right there. Sick of race baiters, we should execute all of them while we're at it.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   
It's hilarious to read that people seem to be saying that all these heroin dealers are really just doing a service to the community; helping out all those poor people who can't get their scripts filled. As though they're doing a damn public service.

They're scum bags. Worst of the worst. No two ways about it.

I don't know about the US but in the UK we would regard someone selling a bit of weed very differently to those selling heroin and crack. They're a different breed. The heroin dealers are the ones driving around with guns and other weapons, committing other violent offences as they go. They're the ones contributing to the decline of our society; destroying everything they touch. There isn't a single justification for what they're doing and shame on anyone even attempting to defend them or excuse and justify their actions.

Now, that being said, I personally don't agree with state sanctioned murder for any crime. I don't trust the government not to # it up, they # up all the time and there's numerous cases of innocent people being convicted so... yeah.. I don't believe the death penalty is reasonable.

However, the notion that these people are somehow just filling a gap in the market is ridiculous. Which doctors were prescribing the crack coc aine before the dealers decided to helpfully step in? They're actively pushing drugs on people ffs.. hence the term drug PUSHER.

Oh and also, it's easy to blame the doctors prescribing the opiates. Yes, they shoulder
some of the blame, but each and every individual is responsible for their own actions and choices. No one is MAKING these people go and buy heroin or other opiates when the doctor stops prescribing. They have other options. Buying street drugs is just the easy out.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join