It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to unveil opioid plan seeking death penalty for drug dealers

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Oh my...

15,549 people were killed by guns in the United States in 2017. Another ~20,000 committed suicide with a gun. There were 344 mass shootings.

Where is the plan to combat the gun violence crisis that includes seeking the death penalty for gun dealers?

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: moebius
Oh my...

15,549 people were killed by guns in the United States in 2017. Another ~20,000 committed suicide with a gun. There were 344 mass shootings.

Where is the plan to combat the gun violence crisis that includes seeking the death penalty for gun dealers?

Also, 1,300 children under the age of 18 are killed every year in the U.S. by guns. Yet the country freaks out when a scant few of those 1,300 are murdered in a school.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

FYI... The person whose opinion means the most on this issue, Attorney General JEFF SESSIONS, agrees with the President, and most people who have lost a loved-one to drugs.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions on Monday backed a plan outlined by President Donald Trump aimed at combating the opioid crisis by vowing to seek the death penalty “wherever appropriate” against drug traffickers.
More at: www.reuters.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Nothing like imposing Rodrigo Duterte like "laws"

And this will be for the "Street Dealers" the ""legal ones"" will be exempt...

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX

If you have to kill ONE, to save 5, 50, or 500 lives, GREAT!

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I have lost due to it as many others. The top of the rung in dealing won't be taken care of, the facilitators creating addicts as well, being their part of TPTB.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: XAnarchistX

If you have to kill ONE, to save 5, 50, or 500 lives, GREAT!

Im assuming this statement against individual rights is sarcasm......

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake

I have lost due to it as many others. The top of the rung in dealing won't be taken care of, the facilitators creating addicts as well, being their part of TPTB.

In your opinion, should most efforts be focused on the DEMAND side, instead of the SUPPLY side? I like what the President said today about making more Pain Relievers NON-addictive. (Involves chemical adjustments to the forumula)

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
first he wants to take guns without due process now he wants to execute drug dealers..

He has completely lost my support..

That is as unamerican as forcing every american to buy a product from a 3rd party.

its 3rd world Shi@hole stuff..

Alright, but where is the part where he signs this stuff into law by himself?

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Both sides, Drs. also shouldn't be profiting as they have been, making them more likely to prescribe. Not just non addictive but they should be focusing on non narcotic pain relief, which of course doesn't garner as much profit all around that the pushers seek.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake

Both sides, Drs. also shouldn't be profiting as they have been, making them more likely to prescribe. Not just non addictive but they should be focusing on non narcotic pain relief, which of course doesn't garner as much profit all around that the pushers seek.

As a very experienced doctor shopper and addict I can say there has been a major shift towards prescribing non narcotics.

Doctors have become very reserved with what they're willing to prescribe. It is extremely difficult to get them to even consider narcotics.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Thanks, looks like that is being issued, good there's a start on it. As I'm not that all familiar first hand but my state has a city that is the first to sue about Big Pharma promoting the drugs.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Unless there's some big plan/agreement to make this happen behind the scenes, I kind of doubt there's going to be much traction. If there is any real dissent left in the US government I don't see how they could realistically get a bill like this passed. It also seems unlikely that it would survive a challenge in the SCOTUS.

I just can't see there being any consensus that drug dealers (in general) should be executed unless they've done something far worse in the process of dealing. A lot of these people are just lowlifes trying to survive, I would think. I doubt there's any real malice with most of them. Of course they know what they're doing but it seems like a big stretch.

Then again, I personally don't think the Trump presidency was unintentional. I think he's there for a reason and stuff like this would be one reason why a guy like Trump would be useful for TPTB. He can get away with stuff others couldn't because his party can just shrug and say "We didn't tell him to do this. We tried to talk him out of it".

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join