It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are you eating today?!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

You on a LFHC diet??

I tried that. Just could not make the cauliflower rice properly. And baked turnips chunks do not taste like chips

I'm on the HFHC diet now.. I deep fry the potatoes to get my oils, and it's worked.. I've stacked on the 13kg I lost earlier this year. :/

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix
Bacon wrapped Asparagus?!!! That sounds amazing. I am going to give that a try!

Don't do It!
It's a hard habit to break...

Try this !!! My ex hated avocado, and said she'd never even think about it... someone has to !!

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky
I will be sauteing a full onion and garlic in about 1/2 stick of butter. Cook for about 30 minutes until it is almost liquid. Add in some chicken broth and a dash of nutmeg & tumeric. Sear a couple chicken breasts in lemon extract, pepper, salt and thyme then cook in a pressure cooker for about 20 minutes. Combine with the sauce.

Spiral cut a squash and zucchini for noodles, soften them in butter and garlic for about 8 minutes then top with the chicken & sauce.

Garlic, baked garlic, whole cloves. so buttery smooth, sweet and moreish. I did a whole tray once, they were gone quicker than it took to bake them.

that meal right there, is my salivary dream!!
~~~ I'd probably go mental with the turmeric though. I can't get enough of that. Even fried cauliflower with turmeric, in butter. it's a bugger to clean after, everything is yellow, but so worth it.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

a reply to: rickymouse
I wish I could get a local chicken to eat. I have chickens but I use them for eggs. I had a few die last year but it was natural death so ya no eating those. And a “normal” day for you sounds amazing!

I like to make chicken soup out of old laying hens. They have so much flavor. I have a friend who has a son who is going to trim his flock and is going to get rid of the ones that do not lay much anymore, I told him I would take some of them to make soup. They are not organic but they do run around outside in the day so they should be fine. Also the food they use is more corn based, chickens can eat corn better than soy. It is locally made in a mill and most of the ingredients do not contain roundup or much pesticides. It is semi-organic, there may be a little mixed in that is not organic though.

You are right though, if those chickens are old and die, they can't be used.

We get our eggs from two sources, both are friends. They are not into organic but are getting the food for their chickens that is pretty clear of unnatural chemicals. Just because something is organic does not mean it is chemical free, only that chemicals used meet the organic rules. The chickens they grow eat a lot of bugs and in the winter they buy meal worms for them, those mealworms are pretty expensive.

Big difference in taste between these eggs and store bought eggs. I know someone who raises vegetarian chickens, they do not eat any bugs or stuff like that. The eggs do not have the rich flavor as they should have, they taste almost like the commercial eggs do. I guess her friends like these eggs because they give less taste when baking. I can see them giving a stronger taste to a white cake, I suppose it depends on what you are doing with them.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   

a reply to: badw0lf
It’s not impossible damnit lol I remember when I was younger I used to put the box on top of the fridge and my friends and I would see how low we could go and still drink it!

squeezing the last drop out of the bag, at the end. I'm the only one I know who liked the red. Cheap reds are nasty though. Devils blood. but a good red is heavenly. Good for the health too, well, in moderation.

Ahh the foibles of youth..
A box of wine, and programming all night, pizza boxes thrown to the corners of the dimly lit room, music coming from the tinny stereo, the tv on but muted playing it's end of night transmission static... was it inspiration that wrote best code in those wee hours? Or was it mere inebriation that made the spaghetti look like it worked well.. haha..

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf The red is the best
I still try my best to live those days. I am only thirty though. I still use the stick to the wall way of texting my spaghetti.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   

That is awesome. The combination of great food with engrossing work. I use to program in C++ & visual foxpro back in the day. How the hours would fly once you could conceptualize how the project needed to be setup and then lose myself in the clickety clack. Even hunger would take a backseat to the obsession of the task.

I love encountering the smells of food from times past that will instantly transport you back to those times where you can actually remember almost everything about the overall feel. Ah, the power of the olfactory.

One of these days you will finally admit that you have a love affair with this reality. We can see through your fake malcontentment .

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I was going to just edit my post but texting spaghetti is funny

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf

originally posted by: Woodcarver

What do you mean by cleaned up? And what is a push bike?

Cleaned up; Collected. Side swiped. Bowled over. Knocked asunder.
Push bike; the sort of mechanical bike contraption with pedals that you push in order to gain momentum. A deadly treddly. A 2 wheeled unicycle. A motorless bike.

Often seen controlled by lycra clad wearing hippies who shun the rules of the road for their carefree existence. In this case, a cap wearing toothless malcontent with no regard for anyone but himself, and the demeanour to make you want to snot him right in the sniffer.
I have no idea what you said. Lol.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Smokin the Hog today, well, at least his ribs...

40 degrees and overcast, no wind. Time to fire up the Weber Smoker and make a mess of 'Sweet, Smoke an Oak'... With a lovely side salad of mixed greens, Blue Cheese Dressing, and taking a queue (tips the Hat your way)... Bacon Wrapped Asparagus...

I have house of women that don't like 'hot spiced' foods which forced me to come up with a good sweet recipe. The rub and Red Oak (branches from my yard) work together - The husky tasting Red Oak smoke tames the sweet, while the sweet accents the smoke. Strangely enough it only works with Red Oak. Oh, and add a pinch or two of coffee grounds to the rub... Trust.

To the Hog!

edit on 18-3-2018 by Newt22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Today is the special meal of the week.

Instead of the traditional corned beef and cabbage, we're doing lamb stew. Picked up our cubed lamb at the butcher yesterday.

So lamb with root veggies like fennel, parsnip, baby potatoes, etc. Using red wine and sherry vinegar and our new Dutch oven to stew properly. Also putting our homemade chicken stock to use.

Depending on how much it looks like it will make, we may make some rice to serve it over.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
And that is why I love sundays! They are always that special day to make a super meal. I always like to try different things. This meal seems to be the best one someone could have.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Soylent Green.
Non-GMO I hope.

Just ran across this article:

dailyinformator.com...

Prior to this year, governments concluded that transfer of DNA from GM crops/foods is unlikely to occur. Now we can see that they are wrong, or perhaps they had knowledge of this already? Regardless of the fact that DNA from GM foods can be transferred to humans and animals, very little is still known today and what is known does not look good. There are studies linking GMO’s and pesticides to various ailments.

I think eating wholesome and as close to unmodified / unprocessed will become more and more important

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

1 liter of coffee.

5 dunkin donut balls.

1 small redbull

2 slices of pizza.

1/4 chicken.

1 cup of rice and sweet corn.

1/2 cup of beans.

1 snickers.

1 liter of water.

3 cups of coca cola.

Before I sleep I will eat 1 large bowl of oatmeal.

2- 4 bananas a day. I had 3 so far.

I am planning some midnight icecream as well.

If I go out for a smoke in a bit, When I go for a smoke I will stop and buy a pineapple aloe vera drink.

Also more snickers.
edit on 3 18 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Good Ol Southern Style cooking
Meatloaf
Mashed potatoes
Butterbeans
Cabbage
Cornbread

Doesnt get any better than that

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   
My morning consisted of pork and beef breakfast sausages fried and covered in HP sauce,hash browns fried in the sausage grease, and eggs also fried in the grease. Skipped lunch then headed too a dinner party for some teachers visiting from Quebec in which I enjoyed a nice charcuterie of meat and cheese and red pepper jelly. The main dish was a turkey based lasagna,garlic bread and salad.I also had a half dozen rolling rock pale ale.

Pretty good day overall.

Tomorrow the teachers will be at my place for a dinner of BBQ pork back ribs,mashed potatos with gravy and a salad, appetizers will be bacon wrapped cream cheese stuffed pickles. Ceasers will be the drink of choice with red(apothic)or white wine(barefoot) as well.
It's a good life

edit on 18-3-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Spicy butternut and corn soup.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Cooked up some beautiful enchiladas ! feel sorry for the toilet though.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Fried rattlesnake, pancakes, and an apple for breakfast.
It's kind of trippy eating food that's still wiggling.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Does snake really taste like chicken?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join