It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N.Korea explosion and Iran explosion

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Geneticus
If the explosion was the result of a covert operation against Iran, and there is no political gain for Iran to release the truth, then releasing the truth would only serve to aid the attacker in damage assessment.

Lying about it would seem to be the obvious course of action. At least, a lie would generate a small degree of doubt about the success of the operation. Two different lies, however...less than convincing...

exactly,
and you wouldn't want to embrass yourself by stating your country is being inflitrated by the enemy.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Him I have to diagree on that. If covert U.S. troops were behing the explosion, the sypathy value easp in the EU countries may be quite an advantage. The US would be spun as trying to wreck the EU's diplomatic efforts adn they may back off Iran as a result. I think you have to go public with this for both domestic consumption as well as International.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Black Ops missions go on all the time, this could be one of them that we are seeing now. The US could of gone in, but made too much noise, Iranians respond did, but the US threaten them with military action if they went public.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I thought THIS LINK was relevant and of intrest. The Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists have moved the clock up from 9 till midnight to 7 till midnight.
Of course this was in 2002,....I wonder if it will move again soon.

[edit on 17-2-2005 by spike]

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by spike
I thought THIS LINK was relevant and of intrest. The Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists have moved the clock up from 9 till midnight to 7 till midnight.
Of course this was in 2002,....I wonder if it will move again soon.

[edit on 17-2-2005 by spike]

hmmmm...
interesting link you found there

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Please keep in mind that any sort of above ground nuclear testing would cause large amounts of radioactive fission products to be injected into the atmosphere. These would be quickly dispersed around the globe in a few days to a week. Many, many different organizations in many different countries monitor for such releases. I do not think that it would be possible for someone to initiate an aboveground test without it becoming public knowledge.

Besides, the whole point of doing an above ground test, or any test, for that matter) is to tell everyone that you have the bomb.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark
Please keep in mind that any sort of above ground nuclear testing would cause large amounts of radioactive fission products to be injected into the atmosphere. These would be quickly dispersed around the globe in a few days to a week. Many, many different organizations in many different countries monitor for such releases. I do not think that it would be possible for someone to initiate an aboveground test without it becoming public knowledge.

Besides, the whole point of doing an above ground test, or any test, for that matter) is to tell everyone that you have the bomb.

Yeah, basicly your showing the world your new toy.
Hopefully, they way we find out doesnt envole North Korea nuking a city

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 02:43 AM
link   
According to the US Army, a 1 kiloton nuke set off 60 metres below the earth will not release radiation, but it will result in an audible, visible, and locally detectable explosion. Long distance detection methods would likely register it as a medium sized, fast peak earthquake. Small test nukes can be set off to test for feasability of larger devices, scaled up approriately to whatever your needs are.

I doubt they have nukes, I'm just saying..

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I think they do have nukes, but Crazy Kim is not going to give anymore away. Kim is just trying to get all the attention he can.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join