It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N.Korea explosion and Iran explosion

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
remember this....

SEOUL (Reuters) - A mushroom cloud up to 2.5 miles in diameter was seen after an explosion in a remote area of North Korea near the border with China, Yonhap news agency reported on Sunday, quoting sources in Beijing.
The South Korean news agency said Thursday's blast in Kimhyungjik county in Yanggang province appeared to much worse than a train explosion that killed at least 170 people in April.

South Korean intelligence officials said they were monitoring the report, but declined detailed comment.

The mysterious explosion in N.Korea..

Now Iran...

Iranian State television is reporting that there has been a large explosion just outside the southern city of Dailam. Early reports from the media stated that it was a missile fired from a plane but this was retracted in favour of a story about a fuel tank falling from an Iranian aircraft. This report has been categorically denied by the Iranian Revolutionary Guard, leaving the world with no current explanation as to what happened

N.Korea offical reason;

""deliberate demolition of a mountain as part of a hydro-electric project."

Iran offical reason

"Dam construction"

Both have the same reason for a mysterious explosion, both are in similar areas that are flat areas. American was silent in both accounts. Both projects are not believed due to no reasons for there constructions.

Before the N.Korea explosion, the US was trying to prevent N.Korea from making the "bomb" then an explosion. US is now trying to prevent Iran from making the "bomb"...then an explosion.....

This is not me looking into things too deeply, the similarities are to close to ignore.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
So what is the implication? That the explosions are some sort of nuclear testing or that the explosions are U.S. or other forces taking a shot at eliminating their capabilities and slowing them down. I agree with you that its too close to deny, I'm just caught between the two.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   
If the US attacked either Iran or N Korea we would hear about it. There would be no reason for either Iran or N Korea to hide such a fact. It would be in thier favor to bring such information to light. I mean Iraq didnt try to hide the fact that Israel hit their nuclear reactor and we all heard about it.

I would have to say if anything is going on with this it would be a nuclear test by these countries.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I think the latest is a warning shot from the US government. God help us all. The dangerous lunatic residing at the White House is the source of all my anxieties and the knot in my stomach.
I wonder if God has been talking to him
about when to launch an invasion. These are scary scary times.

I would love to think our president is here to protect us...instead, we just sit and wait for the shoe to drop. scary.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
N.Korea explosion and Iran explosion

These two incident have two thing in common:
No U.S. involvement.
and
Both countries media changed the reasons for such an "explosion" numerous times.

seekerof

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I agree that there is no U.S. involvement in either of these incidents. I mean, you can't have it both ways with the "EVIL BUSH" thing. I mean if it is U.S. military trying to start something why on earth wouldn't it be all of Al Jazeera and the rest of the press in the Middle East as a major reason for Jihad and draw us into the conflict you are so afraid will happen? Why would they cover something like that up? Unless you're saying that it was a warning shot with a thinly veiled threat to keep quiet in which case if we have that much control over Iran and N. Korea why are you seemingly on the verge of panic attacks to begin with?

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
If the explosion was the result of a covert operation against Iran, and there is no political gain for Iran to release the truth, then releasing the truth would only serve to aid the attacker in damage assessment.

Lying about it would seem to be the obvious course of action. At least, a lie would generate a small degree of doubt about the success of the operation. Two different lies, however...less than convincing...

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Granted we evidently missed them to begin with, but if we had enough intel to pull off a military strike would we not also have the satelite technology / informants to know whether or not it was successful without needing Iran or N. Korea to come out and say congratulations you got us?

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jukyu
would we not also have the satelite technology / informants to know whether or not it was successful without needing Iran or N. Korea to come out and say congratulations you got us?

The lie or lies just add to the confusion...better than admitting it...why admit anything when a lie might help a little...

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   
You admit it because in the current climate propaganda goes a long way and if you go across the press with "the U.S. blew up our reactor that was being used to make "peaceful nuclear power" then you draw more fanatics into Iraq to try and drive the U.S. out and you convert some of the moderate students who have been calling for reform into fundamentalists and further solidify your power over the country. Sounds win win to me. I look forward to the counter pont though

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jukyu
I agree that there is no U.S. involvement in either of these incidents. I mean, you can't have it both ways with the "EVIL BUSH" thing. I mean if it is U.S. military trying to start something why on earth wouldn't it be all of Al Jazeera and the rest of the press in the Middle East as a major reason for Jihad and draw us into the conflict you are so afraid will happen?

I have to agree with Jukyu......Al Quaeda has stated many times that the US economy is a much better target then straight on head to head conflict
Its a bit more likely that its a plot to drag the US into war with Syria and Iran...driving the deficit up, trying to cause more hate in the middle east, and spread the US military thin. The terrorists probably care less which middle east countries they wreck havick and operate in, because their main goal is to gain the advantage on the US and its Allies.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Geneticus
If the explosion was the result of a covert operation against Iran, and there is no political gain for Iran to release the truth, then releasing the truth would only serve to aid the attacker in damage assessment.

Damage assessment is come along way since the 1800s they dont use anything as crude as the enemies media
satelites and spy planes tell us all we need to know about bombing strikes. They can read a liscence plate from space they can see it a building has been blown up.

And yes there is quite a bit of a political gain to show you were attacked without any aggresive actions on your part. You get to play the role of the country only acting out of self defense.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
And yes there is quite a bit of a political gain to show you were attacked without any aggresive actions on your part. You get to play the role of the country only acting out of self defense.

If someone succeded in destroying an important military target inside the Iranian border...the truth could be...embarrassing...

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   
They wouldnt have to say to what extent anything was destroyed just that they were attacked by the big bad USA.

They have some great propoganda machines in both those countries trust me they wouldnt spin it into anything embarrassing except to the great satan USA.

Did we all forget Bagdad BOB " We have crushed them and drove them out of Bagdad"

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I loved that guy. I think we should get him back and maybe make him anchor of CBS, I know I'd turn in nightly to watch.

**Disclaimer this is not a jab at CBS, their integrity, or anything of the sort, I am only saying i enjoyed watching baghdad bob and there is the spot opening so it came to mind. On second though maybe a talk show opposite Springer, they could have a good debate going over who had more credibility.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I think the latest is a warning shot from the US government. God help us all. The dangerous lunatic residing at the White House is the source of all my anxieties and the knot in my stomach.
I wonder if God has been talking to him
about when to launch an invasion. These are scary scary times.

I would love to think our president is here to protect us...instead, we just sit and wait for the shoe to drop. scary.

Yeah, you're right. I'd much rather have Iran build their nukes, use them on israel and ignite a fiery global conflict than just pre-emptively strike Iranian nuclear facilities. Bush is not a dangerous lunatic and congress, not God, will have a say on whether or not we go to war w/ Iran and or Syria. These are f'd up times we live in DGTEMPE, i agree with you on that and hell i'm pretty scared too, but i'm afraid the middle east has gotten to the point where we're damned if we attack and damned if we don't. Something WILL happen eventually, whether we all like it or not.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I don’t think any buildings have been hit. My take on this is that an American recon unit around the nuclear plant was spotted and fired upon. That’s consistent with the eyewitnesses’ accounts and in my opinion is the only scenario which would be in the best interests of both sides to cover up.

An American offensive is out of the question because the nuclear plant is still intact and Iran is not screaming. And an Iranian pre-planed event seems unlikely due to their difficulty in getting their story straight. That suggests that whatever happened was unexpected to them.

The real story we will never know…

[edit on 16-2-2005 by transient]

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I just wish the CIA could arrange a war between Iran and North Korea. Then we would finally get the answers on just who actually has nukes and who doesn't.

Plus the comedy of the rabid Korean against the mighty Mullah would be hilarious.

I never joke about war. I find it horrible and offensive.

BUT I'D STILL LOVE TO SEE THIS ONE!!!!!

Hahahahaha...............

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Yeah, the nuclear cloud hitting the tradewinds would be absolutely comical.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
A few thoughts filter through the mind:

If they are now claiming no explosion: Iranian disinfo op to draw US recon for hardware capture or tracking test?

If you want to know if there was a large explosion, look at the seismographs (above or below ground) and/or satellites (if aboveground or shallow below-ground).

If you want to know if it was 'hot', sniff the wind and look at the neutrino data.

Before you go 'hot' you have to test hi-ex triggers. From the seismo I think the 'train explosion' in NK was a trigger, the 'mountain demolition' a deep underground test.

Either way, I. and NK are just begging to get bloodied.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join