It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yountville CA active shooting and hostage situation happening now

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Most likely the Russians.

They've invaded before--haven't you seen the documentary, "Red Dawn?"

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Hostages, huh?

That implies demands are forthcoming hopefully.

Let's see...

1. Veterans Facility
2. Building housing PTSD vets

Having been through programs at the VA, I'm leaning towards a vet who was dismissed from the PTSD program, snapped, came back for closure.... or perhaps he felt he wasn't getting the help he needed...

The VA sucks by the way. Not justifying his actions, I'm just saying those that really need help are often swept under the rug.

edit on E31America/ChicagoFri, 09 Mar 2018 14:56:44 -06003pmFridayth02pm by EternalShadow because: add/correction

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: howtonhawky

Not you, too...there's enough illogical comments on shooting threads, let's not add more hyperbole to the problem.

but i am right that we seem to be implying certain procedures to certain events

if shots fired then why not storm

i am calling bs on the whole procedure guidelines these situations are fluid and back seat posters are no help including myself

i suppose in a week or two we will collectively agree on the failures we can fit to this event

come on we are gonna need an escape goat here

somebody somewhere failed and we must for the sake of the elderly find out who failed

thats it i am introducing a bill to ban the sale of firearms to veterans and those over 65

hold still and i will call dicks and wal mart

i think i have kneejerked enough for everyone now

edit on 9-3-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   

If it's Russians then obviously it's Trump's fault.

IMPEACH 45!

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

if shots fired then why not storm

From what I read, they were told by an employee inside there were hostages--knowing that, there is a different procedure to deal with that situation. If you're comparing that to the average mass shooting, there are never reports of hostages, to include what happened in FL.

i am calling bs on the whole procedure guidelines these situations are fluid and back seat posters are no help including myself

i suppose in a week or two we will collectively agree on the failures we can fit to this event

Maybe you are correct, but as I mention, we have different in formation already reported to first responders in this instance, unlike in FL, where we had an SRO telling arriving officers to stay away from the building, even though he reported active shooting happening inside the building.

Again, from what I've read, there is no report of active shooting when LEOs arrived, just information that there were hostages. Of course, that information can and may have already changed since my last read five minutes ago.

i think i have kneejerked enough for everyone now

Hopefully that will work, but I doubt it.

ETA: Sorry if I'm missing your sarcasm--it's been a long day, but it's about time to go out to the real world, so until tomorrow...
edit on 9-3-2018 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

so if cruz would have stayed then the response would have been correct.

have a good one

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Information now saying the shooter went into some kind of party or fundraiser for staff members and allowed certain attendees to leave while keeping others there as hostages. May be a person with a grievance against the facility.

edit on 3/9/2018 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra
It’d be nice to wait until the situation has ended before we begin with the bull#.

We want to beat the rush. After all, we pretty much know what comments this will generate already.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
a reply to: SlapMonkey

so if cruz would have stayed then the response would have been correct.

have a good one

You still salty for getting your ass handed to you in the Florida shooting thread by an actual LEO because you didn't know what you were talking about?
Poor baby..........

As to the thread, any updates on what's going on? How many hostages or how many shot?
Hope they put this bastard down

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
Hope they put this bastard down

Why? You have no idea who he is or why he's doing what he's doing. For all you know he could be the nicest person in the world but suffering some total mental break due to being given the wrong medication.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

what are you talkin about handling my ass?

the tapes were released yesterday and you should visit my thread about it

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Thanks for sharing. Short briefing info : Limited info at this time. Establishing a hotline for family members. A press conference will happen at 2pm.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Glad we can use this situation to score ATS political points.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   
What I'm gathering from news updates: These detectives need more info on the man. Such as from his home- his electronic data info-they want to open up his social media, etc., looking for motives, to help resolve this hostage situation. As opposed to an ongoing active, shooting situation, where they would likely forcefully go in.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

"escape goat"
lol

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Livestream

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Umm the update of that documentary, the new version it is North Korea invading!!

On another note. Why is Stormi Daniels more important than this? No news stations are covering this with usual concern. Not even CNN.
edit on 9 by tiredoflooking because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: tiredoflooking
On another note. Why is Stormi Daniels more important than this? No news stations are covering this with usual concern. Not even CNN.

Like I said. Old people.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

The gunman, 36, is believed to be a member of The Pathway Home program for military veterans with emotional trauma, according to the Napa Valley Register. 

He was said to have been discharged from the aid program two weeks ago. 

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Cannot believe there is no coverage anywhere yet...

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Description came out:
Asian male, former Army or Marine, discharged 2 weeks ago (from the facility?), wearing ammo belts.
The FBI is currently negotiating with him by phone.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join