It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yountville CA active shooting and hostage situation happening now

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: tiredoflooking

The FBI is actively negotiating by phone with the gunman.
He has bullets around his waist and neck, and a semi-auto rifle. No one injured yet.

I don't think he's going to hurt anyone if he hasn't already. It's a cry for help. Hope he gets the help he needs and doesn't suicide himself. Or hurt anyone else.
edit on 9-3-2018 by EchoesInTime because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime

He has bullets around his waist and neck, and a semi-auto rifle. No one injured yet.

I don't think he's going to hurt anyone if he hasn't already. It's a cry for help. Hope he gets the help he needs and doesn't suicide himself. Or hurt anyone else.

only help he needs is a SWAT sniper capping his dome.

link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: tiredoflooking
On another note. Why is Stormi Daniels more important than this? No news stations are covering this with usual concern. Not even CNN.

Like I said. Old people.

You are right. Not news worthy I guess. Instead 24 7 coverage about Stormi Daniels.

David Ferguson, a resident of the Vets Home, called the incident "crazy," asking, "What's a gunman doing here? It's a bunch of old farts. Most of the people around here are in their 80s and 90s and have a walker, wheelchair or a scooter."

napavalleyregister.com... witter_impression=true

link   
Press conference starting now.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I hope they can talk him down and nobody gets hurt. I am just sick of the MSM covering whatever suits their agenda.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Hopefully this ends with no loss of life.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

only help he needs is a SWAT sniper capping his dome.

Please, this guy might be trying like hell to get help, and this is how his mind told him to go about it. If he doesn't hurt anyone, let's hope there can be a ZERO death toll from this. needless death is stupid.

A little compassion can go a long way.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Please, this guy might be trying like hell to get help

He has body armor and has barricaded himself in a concrete room with a steel door. Seems more like he wants help suiciding than anything else, or he has a serious bone to pick with the VA.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I thought the FEDs weren't welcome in California and that local LEOs would ignore them.

My bad, this guy is probably not an illegal. Mustn't forget the strict gun control, no gun zones and safe spaces.

Can't wait to see how they spin this.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Seems more like he wants help suiciding than anything else, or he has a serious bone to pick with the VA.

Who doesn't? Those incompetent VA doctors couldn't even diagnose my classic migraine correctly without first giving me a spinal tap. Ouch.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Lots of double posts these days. Damned Russian hackers!
edit on 9-3-2018 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: network dude

Please, this guy might be trying like hell to get help

He has body armor and has barricaded himself in a concrete room with a steel door. Seems more like he wants help suiciding than anything else, or he has a serious bone to pick with the VA.

That's likely right, but I hate that our system to deal with this kind of thing is so amazingly bad. 275 brothers and sisters killed themselves in2015 Same before that. Mental health needs to become a big discussion. After seeing all this play out, the only logical conclusion is to realize, and fix the horrendous mental health system we currently have.
edit on 9-3-2018 by network dude because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
After seeing all this play out, the only logical conclusion is to realize, and fix the horrendous mental health system we currently have.

It's unfortunate that someone somewhere decided that it's simply much cheaper to just let crazy people run loose and have this kind of thing happen occasionally than to find the people with mental problems and adequately treat them.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Anyone else seeing this live feed. Anotherincident with a car chase with the car breaking down and guy refusing to exit. A standoff. Now a sheriff helicopter lowering officers...what the heck are they doing?

edit on 9-3-2018 by EchoesInTime because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

That's a different thing, it was a DUI guy who tried to flee. The police disabled his vehicle, and he's refusing to get out. No idea what was being said on the ground, but the police apparently have reason to believe it's not safe to approach the vehicle. Maybe the guy claimed to have a bomb or something.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

I know it's different, but still interesting. They must have their reasons for not taking him down yet. Just surprised they brought in a helicopter for this guy.

OP hostage situation still ongoing.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

I know it's different, but still interesting. They must have their reasons for not taking him down yet. Just surprised they brought in a helicopter for this guy.

Why would they take him down? If he's just locked in his vehicle not threatening anyone they have no legal justification to shoot him. They're probably not approaching for safety reasons.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

By 'take him down' i mean go drag his ass out of the car and arrest him. I haven't seen any weapons, although he must be saying he has one or something else, because they have still not approached the car. They even bombarded the car with pepper bullets and he still wouldn't come out.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Why would they take him down? If he's just locked in his vehicle not threatening anyone they have no legal justification to shoot him. They're probably not approaching for safety reasons.

I'm pretty sure EchoesInTime meant "take him down" as in arrest him, not shoot him. The police tried to pull him over for DUI but he fled. There's some reason the police won't approach the vehicle to apprehend him, which is why I figured he may have claimed to have a bomb or something... Otherwise the police would have dragged him out of the car by now, alive or not.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

And now it’s a semi auto rifle? If one checks my comment on the first page I ask how they know it’s an automatic rifle, because for some reason they reported it was an automatic. Yet again it seems the media has no idea the difference between auto and semi auto, they just say things. I seriously think they just like saying automatic rifle because it sounds scary and that’s there main objective, scaring people into thinking the msm is still relevant.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join