It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yountville CA active shooting and hostage situation happening now

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: swanne
a reply to: trollz

Strange thing to say, "home to more than 1,000 male and female elderly".

Why not just say "home to over a thousand of elderly"?

Sorry, OCD.

Thanks for the coverage.

thats your main concern? when people could literally be dying? you make me more sick then the gun man.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: JourneymanWelder

That makes you more sick?
People have literally died.

Just a bit of advice...
If you are going to contradict your own point at least do it in different posts.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: JourneymanWelder

originally posted by: swanne
a reply to: trollz

Strange thing to say, "home to more than 1,000 male and female elderly".

Why not just say "home to over a thousand of elderly"?

Sorry, OCD.

Thanks for the coverage.

thats your main concern? when people could literally be dying? you make me more sick then the gun man.

Is that your way of saying " do not question the narrative " because it sure looks like it is....

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Your telling me 1,000 veterans in the same facility cant assess their own situation and provide some sort of game plan according to their military training? I served in the Army and we sat around wishing something like this would happen so we could get our hands dirty. Your telling me all of those 1,000 Marines, Sailors, Soldiers and Airmen have been locked down by a single perpetrator?
First time reply btw. Been on here for a few months just watching and reading incognito. Nice to meet all you crazy som-bitches!

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: RiverMasonMusic

I agree. There's something that's not right here.

I can feel it - something doesn't fit.

Good to meet you mate! Welcome here.

edit on 10-3-2018 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow
Hostages, huh?

That implies demands are forthcoming hopefully.

Let's see...

1. Veterans Facility
2. Building housing PTSD vets

Having been through programs at the VA, I'm leaning towards a vet who was dismissed from the PTSD program, snapped, came back for closure.... or perhaps he felt he wasn't getting the help he needed...

The VA sucks by the way. Not justifying his actions, I'm just saying those that really need help are often swept under the rug.

FF has definitely been seen through our military history but its a bit more rare than you would think for situations like this. We are used as pawns on a horrible battlefield thats ever changing forced to do unspeakable acts without question of authority. That being said I find it unlikely, but not impossible, that the "shooter" is formar military though I have been that mad at the VA before so who the # knows.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: research100
a reply to: carewemust

that place is specifically to treat veterans with PTSD...and this shooter was asked to leave last week.....sounds like they had a problem with him....people said they have complained for years that anyone could walk right in and shoot up 300 people in the cafeteria but they they never did anything...he was wearing a bullet proof vest

Yeah, VA facilities are all gun free zones, ie. death traps.

Any word on what type of vest? Most ballistic vests won't stop a rifle round.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: RiverMasonMusic
Your telling me 1,000 veterans in the same facility cant assess their own situation and provide some sort of game plan according to their military training? I served in the Army and we sat around wishing something like this would happen so we could get our hands dirty. Your telling me all of those 1,000 Marines, Sailors, Soldiers and Airmen have been locked down by a single perpetrator?
First time reply btw. Been on here for a few months just watching and reading incognito. Nice to meet all you crazy som-bitches!

No, it's my understanding most of the building evacuated and he had a small group of hostages. A small group of people are easily held at bay by one man with a gun, especially if he's smart enough to keep his distance from them so any action they try to take takes too long to develop before he can just shoot you.

While obviously the perpetrator was solely responsible for his actions, I have to say, kicking an emotionally and mentally disturbed person out of a treatment program is not a wise move. I'm sure details will be coming out about how he was saying and doing disturbing things and staff thought he was dangerous, but just ending his treatment is not the right answer, obviously. It's not like "Oh well just tell him he's not allowed in here anymore, between that and the gun ban in VA facilities we will be safe". Perhaps an advanced program is needed for high-risk cases where they can still get treatment in a different environment.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

No, it's my understanding most of the building evacuated and he had a small group of hostages. A small group of people are easily held at bay by one man with a gun, especially if he's smart enough to keep his distance from them so any action they try to take takes too long to develop before he can just shoot you.

While obviously the perpetrator was solely responsible for his actions, I have to say, kicking an emotionally and mentally disturbed person out of a treatment program is not a wise move. I'm sure details will be coming out about how he was saying and doing disturbing things and staff thought he was dangerous, but just ending his treatment is not the right answer, obviously. It's not like "Oh well just tell him he's not allowed in here anymore, between that and the gun ban in VA facilities we will be safe". Perhaps an advanced program is needed for high-risk cases where they can still get treatment in a different environment.

Okay that does make a bit more sense. I often wonder to myself when the major flaw behind "gun-free zones" will finally set in with the general public. Fish in a barrel type of deal. This is extremely sad that this country is so wrapped up in all of the negativity though. Two years ago we did a poll that asked both Americans and Europeans to attempt to improve their own happiness. We in America of course bought # for ourswlf but in Europe they did something for someone else to improve their own mental health. If we could go back to actually helping out neighbors, seeing their problems and talking through actual splutions rather than just gossiping about # we will see shootings like this stop in their tracks over the course of a few years.
Currently I give free guitar lessons to anyone who has served in the military even though, as a soldier myself, I dont support military action overseas, these guys still need massive amounts of help and our country is completely ignoring them. This will continue to happen as long as the narritive fits.
Sorry I kind of got off topic.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   
RIP the victims:

Christine Loeber, 48, Pathway Home Executive Director
Jennifer Golick, 42, Clinical Director
Jennifer Gonzales, 29, a clinical psychologist with the San Francisco Department of Veterans Affairs Healthcare System

The gunman is Albert Wong, 36, a former Army rifleman who served a year in Afghanistan in 2011-2012

The entire incident lasted almost eight hours, but it appears the gunman and victims died in the early, initial burst of gunfire:

www.sacbee.com...=cpy
A Napa Valley sheriff's deputy exchanged gunshots with the hostage-taker at about 10:30 a.m. but after that nothing was heard from Wong or his hostages despite daylong efforts to contact him, authorities said.
The bodies of Wong and the women were found at about 6 p.m. While authorities had the building under siege for about eight hours, they didn't enter it.

The perp and hostages are dead, and for eight hours the cops don't know that? So what was the game plan here? Sit, Wait, And Think (SWAT)?

Overheard at the Command Post:

"Chief, we heard shots and then nothing so it looks like they're all dead. Should we move in?"

"Shut up, you idiot! No one's getting overtime if it's already over."

edit on 10-3-2018 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Looks like they choose the wong game plan.

To me it just goes to show that one can never really gain anything by second guessing the first responders.

What is even worse is that they are trying to hold one of the cops as a hero for saving more lives even though this guy choose his victims carefully and let the rest go.

Thank goodness cause this could have been extremely bad for everyone involved.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

www.dailymail.co.uk...

I thought the way the said it on the tv "he was asked to leave last week? that something happened and he was kicked out of the program....It was specifically a program for vets with PTSD" so how bad was it that they had to do that....he didn't go in gun blazing,,,, he calmly walked in so everyone could see the weapon

so sorry for the victims

edit on 10-3-2018 by research100 because: dang spelling

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: starviego

Are we sure the gunman died in the very beginning? The reporting I've seen is that they didn't enter because he had hostages. Who reported he had hostages if he was dead?

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

from what i know he died at about 4-5pm central time.

of coarse we will have to wait for the AUTOspy results.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Are we sure the gunman died in the very beginning? The reporting I've seen is that they didn't enter because he had hostages. Who reported he had hostages if he was dead?

He did have hostages--for the first minutes of the incident. But as no more gunfire was heard after that, everybody was obviously shot/dead by that point.

Wong

photo caption: "Wong died by suicide at the home after a 10 hour standoff"
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Fake News!

edit on 10-3-2018 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Yes, that's why we're still arguing about something that's been the SOP for the better part of two decades, and four seconds spent on google would confirm it.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: starviego

He did have hostages--for the first minutes of the incident. But as no more gunfire was heard after that, everybody was obviously shot/dead by that point.

Wong

photo caption: "Wong died by suicide at the home after a 10 hour standoff"
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Fake News!

This could potentially be another screwup by LE. If they had already surrounded the place and heard those shots, they should have entered then because that essentially turns it from a hostage situation into an active shooter. However, if the initial shots came while police were still responding and arriving, and then people who exiting the building reported he had hostages, they may not have thought the hostages had been shot. Then they were correct to wait, because entering could endanger the hostages. They just didn't know the hostages were already dead.

Messy situation.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I haven't seen anything about additional gunfire so far though, so it's odd. My understanding is he entered the facility, took three hostages and let everybody else go, then he and the first officer on scene exchanged fire, after which the gunman barricaded himself and the hostages inside a room and no further contact was made until SWAT breached the room hours later.

Not saying there wasn't further gunfire after that one exchange, I just haven't seen anything about it so far. Frankly, the reporting on this has kind of sucked.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

I haven't seen anything about additional gunfire so far though, so it's odd. My understanding is he entered the facility, took three hostages and let everybody else go, then he and the first officer on scene exchanged fire, after which the gunman barricaded himself and the hostages inside a room and no further contact was made until SWAT breached the room hours later.

Not saying there wasn't further gunfire after that one exchange, I just haven't seen anything about it so far. Frankly, the reporting on this has kind of sucked.

He may have shot the hostages and himself at the end of that exchange, and since the officer was behind cover he may have just assumed the guy was shooting at him. ETA: That could actually make more sense, since at that point the shooter may have thought police were about to breach and come in, so he decided the gig was up.
edit on 10 3 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Yes, that's why we're still arguing about something that's been the SOP for the better part of two decades, and four seconds spent on google would confirm it.

and how did that work out this time?

not worth a damn for the victims.

seems like cops lately are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join