It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazons Echo gadgets are doing witchy creepy laughs and disobeying

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   
This is just so creepy. The devices are laughing ramdomly in a very creepy tone and refusing to obey. There are many funny accounts on twitter of what the device is doing to people

Such as suggesting funeral homes to one family. Another user said he asked it to play a song and Alexa told him the definition of the word "please". He then told Alexa "you're freaking me out" and Alexa laughed the scariest, creepiest laugh he ever heard.. He then threw it in the trash..

Amazon is working on the issue. It has people throwing out their Amazon devices. As for causes..it could be...weird glitch...hacking...artificial intel starting to take over....or paranormal activity...hmm..the evil laughing would indicate demons to me.
www.buzzfeed.com...

metro.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

You get what you pay for.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

+30 more 
posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   
It's built into the device. It's Amazons way of laughing their assess off that anyone could be as stupid to put a recording device in their home and give up their entire private life just so they can turn the light on without getting up and flicking a switch.
edit on 7/3/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Alexa....lol, nice try cia

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Y u no want us to eavesdrop on your famiry?

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

The Robots in the future now have their Eve....
We are doomed.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
It's built into the device. It's Amazons way of laughing their assess off that anyone could be as stupid to put a recording device in their home and give up their entire private life just so they can turn the light on without getting up and flicking a switch.

This might possibly be the first time I've ever agreed with you. Savor the moment!

I think these devices signify the epitome of laziness and decadence in humans, and a scary intrusion into our lives by entities that should have no place there.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Seen this, was wondering about the sources and how valid. Though, I'm not surprised, am sure these can be ripe for hacking and or misused from the inside tech system. Not limited to AI evolving.

edit on 7-3-2018 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

That freaky robot looks like freaky Chelsea Manning.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

You could say that about another device you have, your cell phone. And that doesn't stay home when you go out. If you have a cell phone and an internet connection, forget privacy.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

The ONLY way I'd own one of these things, is to setup a manner in which I could surround the unit with things emitting white noise, and essentially blocking the units ability to record your voice. As a programmer, I'd rig the devices emitting the noise to an app on my phone...

BUT WAIT....STUPID PEOPLE DESERVE THIS!!!!

I take everything back.... please post all of your Alexa exorcism stories.... PLEASE

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

That video has haunted my dreams for many nights. The "original story" is that the guy who made it was a serial killer who used it to imitate the people he killed. Through further sleuthing i found that the guy who made it had some fascination with A.I type robotics and had actually attempted to market it as...i singing robot ? I dont know for sure but it creeps me the hell out.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   

That USB plug tickles, maybe it's close to Alexa's g-spot".

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I tried to get my Echo to laugh creepy, but she wouldn’t do it. When I asked her if she could laugh, she just did this silly “tee hee hee” response. Certainly not creepy. When I asked her to give me a creepy laugh, she said she didn’t understand. When I told her she was freaking me out, she said she didn’t understand.

Maybe they fixed it?

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: FHomerK

The ONLY way I'd own one of these things, is to setup a manner in which I could surround the unit with things emitting white noise, and essentially blocking the units ability to record your voice. As a programmer, I'd rig the devices emitting the noise to an app on my phone...

BUT WAIT....STUPID PEOPLE DESERVE THIS!!!!

I take everything back.... please post all of your Alexa exorcism stories.... PLEASE
Why would you go to all of that trouble? There is a button on the Amazon Echo to turn the microphone off.

+19 more 
posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

It's so adorable that you seem to think using the controls will turn it off......

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Great! There's another use for this stupid contraption:

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: FHomerK
Maybe research before you post? Do you have some sort of fact-based evidence that shows there is a secondary microphone that is NOT deactivated by a PHYSICAL switch? Or, are you just paranoid?

According to Jeff Bezos, it's a hardware button, and various sources seem to agree from the teardowns A forum post at the EEVblog forums quotes a video featuring Jeff Bezos, the founder of Amazon: In this video about Jeff Bezos being interviewed by Walter Isaacson at around the 6 min mark, Bezos claims the mute button on the Amazon Echo is physically connected to the mic amplification circuit, making it impossible to enable again via software. This is also supported by a reddit thread in which it is said that "Basically it is a physical analog connection that cuts off circuit flow to the mic." Another commenter added: No voltage to mics when mute is on. You're correct as well about the state of mute being software controllable. That said, the state of the LED under the button is tied electrically to if the mics are on (same circuit), so there's no possible way the mics can be powered without you knowing it.

SOURCE
edit on 372018 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I'm a long time prime customer. I got a first gen Alexa back on the early access program before they were launched. It was an "invite" offer. They were like half price. I ordered it because I was going to use it solely as a Bluetooth speaker. That was like 5 years ago.

So where is it now, sitting in the box since the day I got it. Right where it belongs.

These devices are horrible IMO.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join