It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazons Echo gadgets are doing witchy creepy laughs and disobeying

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Open the pod bay door surri. "I can't do that Dave".

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Yeah, that's a no from me dawg... 🙄

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
this is called CIA
the solution? nuke washington

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Alexa....lol, nice try cia

Stop hating on the CIA, the best recipe for pancakes can be found there. Don't believe me? Just ask us.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: FHomerK
They say if you have a tv or radio on in the background, it’s harder to hear what’s being said.

Mind you the TV’s these days are likely doing the same. I don’t have a smart tv yet. I say ‘yet’ because eventually mine will break and there won’t be a choice in the matter.

—-
I wonder about the validity of these claims. Could be exaggerated. Siri plays around too but not creepy. If I ask it to set a timer I get several responses like T minus 5 and counting or “Ooo I love a good countdown”. The odd Time it does activate by itself. Last week it kept saying “ that's not nice”.i looked at the screen to see what it thinks I said and saw “poop out” which I never said.

It used to have fun with asking it where to bury a body. Answers where, dumps, foundry’s, graveyards, etc. Now it won’t respond to that, says “ I used to know that”. Asking it to open the pod bay doors, really pisses it off. Some responses are threatening, others just funny.

As of late it’s been prank calling 911. I must have accidentally pressed on the SOS feature. They call back to check of course. One time they sent a cop to make sure I was ok. He came in an old pickup truck, after his shift I guess.

The Alexa thing sounds creepy though and even if not creepy I don’t want one.
edit on 8-3-2018 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
Stop hating on the CIA, the best recipe for pancakes can be found there. Don't believe me? Just ask us.

Secret ingredient? Crackberries.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

Thanks for those videos! Weird.

The bit Jimmy Kimmel did was absolutely stupid.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Onlyyouknow

Thanks for the video! And I ALSO thought it sounded like HRC. Maybe all demons aound alike

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl
a reply to: Onlyyouknow

Thanks for the video! And I ALSO thought it sounded like HRC. Maybe all demons aound alike

Yes, gave me chills. I hope to never hear that laugh again.

edit on 9-3-2018 by Onlyyouknow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 11:48 PM
link   
You know, I'm starting to think the creepy laugh fad is just a marketing ploy.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
a reply to: UKTruth

You could say that about another device you have, your cell phone. And that doesn't stay home when you go out. If you have a cell phone and an internet connection, forget privacy.

Just turn the phone off indoors and out and about unless you need it.
edit on 10/3/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl
You know, I'm starting to think the creepy laugh fad is just a marketing ploy.

That was my first thought too. Wasn't there something going around on YouTube with the clowns just before the sequel to IT? I know the Easter eggs arrive on the shelves the day after boxing day, but is it too early for Halloween?

Of course there is that the whole other "thing" where big brother watches, little sister now listens. Orwell must be kicking himself. I wonder what he would make of it all?

The whole switching on by itself is a bit spooky, but not unheard of as doesn't the XBox do that too, as well as the eavesdropping?. Night noises are bad enough without worrying about Alexa butting into your dreams. I guess these devices are never "off" despite what you think, and like your games consoles/smart phones/tv's etc they are constantly collecting information on you. Once the algorithms are in place, like they say it'll be goodbye free world and hello Minority Report. I've not got around to watching this yet so I guess I should really, given that is our future.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 05:28 AM
link   

edit on 10/3/2018 by YarlanZey because: Double post. The internet paused while the information I had just typed got indexed by an AI programme

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join