It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assassination attempt on former Russian spy in the UK , The Cold War Returns

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

Blimey, yes! It's in the Salisbury Journal now. I think that is what they are doing.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Apparently his car has been located and major incident declared/area sealed until hazmat arrive.

Whatever agent is used, must be some exotic nasty stuff and some serious intel breakthroughs in the last few hours as I've never heard of exhumation in suspected state-sponsored assassination on UK shores before, seems to be completely unprecedented as far as I'm aware. Requests from Litvinenko's family for the exhumation of Litvinenko's corpse to test for Pol-210 were repeatedly denied to give this some context. This is going to get messy....
edit on 8-3-2018 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: Whereismypassword
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Prior to Trump this story would have been all over this site, the reason it isn’t is this has become a far right and white board

Its hard not to agree with this comment.

even if you just look at the pro-russia line many are taking.

Back when I joined ATS if you tried to argue that Putin was the victim in something like this you would have been laughed at, now it is entertained as a serious point. Changing times I Guess.

I too agree with these statements, ATS seems to be more right wing every day.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   
This has Mad Vlad written all over it, reminds of Khan form Stark Trek 2 when he says "Revenge is a dish best served cold".
And when did an ex-KGB, money grapping, crooked politician, dictator become a favourite of some ATS members?
edit on 8-3-2018 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

Far right and white mate, that’s when

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I know it's not yet proven but who else has access to nerve agents and have a proven track record on using them other than Mad Vlad and his plaything from NK!
Yet we have some people on ATS jumping to his defence like we do when anything even slightly bad is said about Russia, maybe we have some of his cyber pets on the boards?

And to respond to "Bastion"
Yeah, saw that earlier, area and his car sealed of, but maybe it's cautionary?

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   
So obvious it was the Russians they even had a newscaster for the state TV warn of the dangers of the profession of traitor.
But seeing the USA has just put more sanctions on NK for using chemical weapons when they killed Kim's brother will more sanctions come from this?.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage

I know it's not yet proven but who else has access to nerve agents and have a proven track record on using them other than Mad Vlad and his plaything from NK!
Yet we have some people on ATS jumping to his defence like we do when anything even slightly bad is said about Russia, maybe we have some of his cyber pets on the boards?

And to respond to "Bastion"
Yeah, saw that earlier, area and his car sealed of, but maybe it's cautionary?

No, the thing is you fall for the moste obvious rat.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: spy66 No, the thing is you fall for the moste obvious rat.

And the biggest rat that needs dealing with is Mad Vlad!!

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

Hopefully. If something active is found 'in the wild' this long after the event it puts the potential risk to the public from said agent in a whole new league. It'd be a brazen declaration of war. I can't see Russia or any State doing that.

Then again given State TV's coverage today has made it more than obvious Putin orchestrated this - never seen them so open in violating UK laws - has me pondering if this is anything specific to Sergei himself or he was 'unluckcy' when they wanted to test geo-political waters in the UK in the post-Brexit, all time low US-UK relations due to Trump's twitter addiction, type era (not for a second claiming that's what occured, just pondering 'what if?') .

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Taking a step back from all the Russia hysteria for moment, One has to wonder as to who benefits from this event.
Russia has known the whereabouts of this guy for several years and has not bothered him. If he was that much of a concern to them, they would not have even released him in the spy swap in the first place. So why bother now?

There is no benefit at all to Russia in this, but plenty for those currently demonising Russia and pushing us all towards conflict.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Britguy
There is no benefit at all to Russia in this,

Oh I don't know. Russia benefits because they send a message to their intelligence network that they will kill people who dissent. As the Russian media is so controlled the message to the Russian people will be spun to their benefit e.g. Russia = victim, unfairly accused and "you can't trust anyone but us". Tough innocent Russia.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The intel services have more information than they are letting on through the media I bet. The tone coming across from Amber Rudd, T May and Johnson pretty much show they are pointing their finger strongly and directly towards Russia.

If any evidence shows Russias involvement then god knows what the next step will be. Relations between the UK and Russia are at an all-time low since the cold war.

Maybe the plot to kill Sergei Skripal and his daughter didn't go to plan thus the emergency services were on the scene straight away. There are now confirmed 20 people being tested for nerve agent contact but no serious cases other than a police officer, Skripal and his daughter who are in serious condition.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Did the cold war ever get warm? Russian slow-killed a spy 4 years ago with uranium-laced boloney. (Maybe US uranium that Hillary gave them.)

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

It was Polonium.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
And it was in his Tea.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Anyone looked into the daughter???
Just wondering...

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

She has worked and lived in the uk but moved back to Moscow and wAs here visiting her father this time

the media have picked up her social media history and the sun of course has a photo of her in a bikini

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 04:39 AM
link   

There's quality journalism for you....

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Yeah I did a serious eye roll when that photo showed up in my search and the sun as a source

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join