It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assassination attempt on former Russian spy in the UK , The Cold War Returns

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Earlier today it was reported that people had been taken ill yesterday following the release of a noxious substance at a shopping centre in Salisbury , England , now it turns out a man and a woman were taken ill with the man , reported to be former Russian spy , being in a critical condition.

The former spy is named as 65 year old Sergei Skripal who was convicted of spying for Britain , he was granted refuge in the UK in 2010 following a prisoner swap.
It would seem the Russians have once again conducted a hit on British soil.

Police declared a major incident on Sunday after a man and a woman were reported ill at a shopping centre in Salisbury. The substance is still unknown.
A number of locations in the city centre were cordoned off and the A&E department was closed. Skripal, who is a retired Russian military intelligence colonel, was jailed for 13 years in 2006 for spying for Britain.
He was convicted of passing the identities of Russian intelligence agents working undercover in Europe to the UK's Secret Intelligence Service, MI6.
www.bbc.co.uk...

The bad old days are coming back with a vengeance under Tzar Putin.
edit on 5-3-2018 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

After the body count the past few years, i'd say the cold war started awhile ago lol

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Don't forget their successful hit on Alexander Litvinenko in 2006.

They almost got away with it until a scientist noticed it was an isotope that was of Russian descent that was killing him.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Yeah I work in Salisbury mate, shows the Russians have a sick humour attempting this hit While the Siberian winds called the beast from the east hit our shores with all its snow

Perfect timing

Odstock hospital said they were treating 10 people in earlier messages before the spy stuff came out

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
It’s definetly not radioactive in nature, a witness walked past them and described the 30 year old woman being out of it leaning against the older man who was waving his hands about looking up at the sky

I’m guessing some powder was projected out at their faces and ingested, considering the bio suits worn by the responders and Salisbury hospital A&E being cordoned off I realy don’t think this is a drug OD

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I don't think it's a return to the cold war days, this article posted a few mins ago from the BBC:

Temporary Assistant Chief Constable Craig Holden said: "Because we are still at the very early stages of the investigation, we are unable to ascertain whether or not a crime has taken place."

www.bbc.co.uk...

Additionally, if this is a sinister act, why would the Russians do it? Simple revenge seems a bit much considering the hysteria already

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

The early reports were it was a synthetic opioid fentanyl of an extreme potency

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
There will be CCTV footage of this , has to be!

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Familiarize yourself with the Litvinenko case. Then you'll understand why Russia is the primary suspect.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Yep. At this moment it is too early to decide whether it's an assassination attempt. After the bad blood created by the Litvinenko assassination you would have thought the Russians would be a bit more careful.

I hope it's something innocent, but the Russians have form in murdering people who have crossed them. Keep an open mind as he could have had a vodka problem.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Erm....is it too far a stretch to turn this the other way around and suggest the possibility that if indeed these people have been poisoned that it was done by 'our own' so as to poke the bear some more?
Just a thought

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Possible Jane, but it seems more likely this ex Russian spy had a Russian stranger tell him the winds from mother Russia have something for him and then projects fentalyn right into his and his friends face before making a quick escape to the massive car park just near for a quick getaway

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Why would we want to poke the bear , relations are bad enough as it is.
People examining the scene were wearing HazMat suits , I assume there's a reason for that.

The question in my mind is who is the girl.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

To be fair the Litvinenko assassination was over 10 years ago and there weren't really any major repercussions. I don't really see this move as ballsy.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The scary thing is because we didn't stand up to Russia when they started doing this years ago, we've not got the problem where they feel free to assassinate anybody they want anywhere they want.

I suspect our politicians are too scared to do anything about it now in case they are next.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Last report I heard is that it's only the police involved so far..that's not to say though that is has been some foreign interference.

It's a weird world, in Russia they tend to off their targets with car bombs...usually killing a few citizens besides, here, the Russian technique is to use a nice meal or a drink...Ffs!
edit on 5-3-2018 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

To push him over the edge given the recent revelations to their latest arms arsenal? Who knows. Also he was an 'exchange' spy....exchanged for who?
As to Hasmat suits...they are even using them to put up the scaffolding at Grenfell Tower...for obvious reasons, so I would say it's standard procedure ...
As to the girl...we'll have to wait and see I guess.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Familiarize yourself with the Litvinenko case. Then you'll understand why Russia is the primary suspect.

Already know it and you're as helpful as a dose of the clap

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Salisbury district council updated to a brand spanking new CCTV system last year, if this was as it seems they should have high definition footage

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Already know it and you're as helpful as a dose of the clap

Thanks for the coffee all over my laptop. Ugh back to the S8...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join