It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assassination attempt on former Russian spy in the UK , The Cold War Returns

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

so what powers would that be?

Why not Russia?

Why would said powers do this?

Do you actually want to talk about this or did you just jump into the thread to defend old Vlad?

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I jumped into this thread before you did pal and it wasn’t to defend old Vlad as you so affectionately refer to him.

The powers I’m referring to in this case are Russian crime syndicates who are deeply entrenched in the Russian state. Just as other syndicates are deeply entrenched in the governments of other countries. But I feel it’s more blatant with Russia.

They did it because he worked as a double agent and betrayed their secrets and assets to other powers, it’s not the Russian state that never forgets it’s the Russian Mafia.

If you’re interested in the modern Russia as you said you need to look at it’s history to see how it got to be where it is now. It’s a deep rabbit hole but a fascinating and chilling one.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Power_Semi

Totally agree.
As I've said in an earlier comment, it could even be our own boyz.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel

Totally agree.
As I've said in an earlier comment, it could even be our own boyz.

If it was our boys he would have been found dead in a sports holdall, in a bath, with the heating cranked up to max for quicker decomposition.

Gareth Williams

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   
It's behind a paywall but relevant non the less.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Apparently it is very easy nowadays to find "nerve agents" while walking in the park and sitting on a bench in Wiltshire.
Of course, that is not enough to prove absolutely anything!
In fact, the real key element here is, that the best assassination plot by the SVR, is to have the targets dying outside, on a bench, where the police can easily find the bodies.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flanker86
Apparently it is very easy nowadays to find "nerve agents" while walking in the park and sitting on a bench in Wiltshire.
Of course, that is not enough to prove absolutely anything!
In fact, the real key element here is, that the best assassination plot by the SVR, is to have the targets dying outside, on a bench, where the police can easily find the bodies.

Yes, almost as though the most important element in all of this was them being found out in the open to maximise the shock horror of the tabloids resuting Russia bashing.

And that IS what is happening. A few days before that was the big headline stories about Russia having nukes that are unstoppable (they all are, really).

Todays headlines include "Ruskie nerve agent" and the totally misleading headline "Russia Could Cripple UK".

The latter headine is above a story about crippling the UK with cyber attacks, not crippling the UK with chemical attacks, which of course is what anyone is going to think who just sees the headline.

It's all about whipping up anti Russia sentiment and causing fear.

Of course before, during, and after the Brexit vote we were told we're "safer, stronger, better off together" and that drum about "security" and the need to remain in the EU has been beaten a lot, and will be beaten a lot more and a lot more loudly in the coming days and weeks.

The EU don't want the UK to leave, the top politicians don't want the UK to leave, the EU is trying to push ever Eastwards by absorbing former Soviet satellite states, so the Russians need to be turned into the new evil boogeymen.

It's actually the EU who are the agressors, not Russia in that respect, hence my statement in a former post that the EU are more likely to be behind it than the Russians.

It's just of course with it being a former Soviet spy, and his daughter, and it being done with "Ruskie nerve agent" in the UK - well it makes a great anti-Russia propaganda piece, and in true conspiracy forum style - I refuse to believe it.

It's just all to anti-Russia convenient.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Most people recognise that Russia is the only country with the means, motive and know-how to target Skripal. It will be interesting to keep an eye on the official statements on this. If Russia is implicated then expect Russian diplomats to be expelled and relations (which are low anyway) to get worse with the Putin regime.

This alleged attempted assassination of Sergei Skripal changes a long-standing agreement that ex-spies who have been "swapped" were under the host state's protection, and thus to be left alone.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
If Russia is implicated then expect Russian diplomats to be expelled and relations (which are low anyway) to get worse with the Putin regime.

Yeah, but we'll still allow them to launder their multi billions through London. Just as long as Billions of rubels are pouring into London May and her cronies will do what Blair and his cronies did when Litvinenko was assassinated...Jack #.

I see one of the coppers first on the scene is in a very bad way. Not to worry, his wife will be well looked after, and that will be the end of it.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

You need to differentiate the actions of the Russian state and the actions of Russian citizens who can shunt their corrupt billions where they like. Besides, a group of Russian individuals associated with the Russian state already have sanctions against them as a result of general Russian bad behaviour in Crimea et al.

The issue here is the likely state sponsored assassination, and blabbering on about money flowing into the UK from Russian civilians is a distraction and irrelevant.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Hi P_S..

The EU don't want the UK to leave, the top politicians don't want the UK to leave, the EU is trying to push ever Eastwards by absorbing former Soviet satellite states, so the Russians need to be turned into the new evil boogeymen. It's actually the EU who are the agressors, not Russia in that respect, hence my statement in a former post that the EU are more likely to be behind it than the Russians.

Typical Russian speak above.. The Eu have allowed some former Soviet countries to join a mainly trading body.
Not marched into anywhere jackboots clicking ho hum Ukraine, Georgia. Shame for all the now independent countries around mother Russia who worry they may be forced to speak only Russian again..
edit on 8 3 2018 by skywatcher44 because: .

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
a reply to: Soloprotocol

You need to differentiate the actions of the Russian state and the actions of Russian citizens who can shunt their corrupt billions where they like.

You do know it's illegal to launder money.?

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

A Russian double agent is the target of a assassination attempt in England, we know that the Russians have done this previously.

Exactly..... it si the best ilibi the Uk could use against the Russians to put the blame on them.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: skywatcher44

Already occurring en masse in Ukraine, technically a warzone at the moment but little news coming from there as most journalists have been murdered or forced to flee the country in recent weeks after newspaper offices have been blown up/set on fire by the police/authorities.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 04:47 AM
link   
It is odd that this nerve agent was not quickly fatal - Kim Jong Nam for instance died on the way to hospital after being poisoned with a nerve agent.

Maybe this agent was not quite as concentrated or weaponised as one would expect if this was a State sponsored attack?

As I have said before, all is speculation at the moment. But, given all the Russian McMafia power wranglings could this be an attempt to smear Putin by some oligarch or Russian mafia crime people?

I don't know, the evidence seems to point to Putin as he has form but there it is.

I suppose we need to know exactly what this nerve agent was.

If it was the Russian state, what would be an appropriate response - sanctions?

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 05:31 AM
link   
They are now saying that they have identified the nerve agent but will not reveal what it is but the Home Sec has said it is "Very rare".

Also, witnesses describe SS as getting very agitated in the restaurant.

No idea what to make of this.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 05:33 AM
link   

I just re-read what you wrote a few times.

Honestly its like you don't have a clue what you are talking about.

Brexit is going to happen, everyone is on the same page on that, it now has to happen, the chances of it being reversed are slime to none and this assassination attempt is not going to change that. Russia has done this before when were were in the EU and it changed nothing.

Accusing the EU of this also demonstrates a lack of understanding as to what the EU actually is. I could understand a little more if the accusation was that it was a EU state who done it or if it was the British state but to accuse the EU to me makes no sense because the EU is not really so much a state actor but a group of states working on collaboration for a economic and social agenda which the UK is still currently part of. Its not like the EU has some kind of CIA or SIS group within it.

I just cannot buy into the idea that this as a attempt by the EU because of the Brexit vote, it just makes zero sense.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

If it was the Russian state, what would be an appropriate response - sanctions?

The UK already has sanctions in effect against the Russian state.

I think if they can prove it was the Russian state then they need to take hard and swift action to send a message to Putin.

I think expelling all but essential Russian diplomats and diplomatic missions would be a good start but its very difficult.

Again I don't think this is about Breixt but as with everything in the UK right now it puts us in a difficult situation because the UK will be wanting some kind of diplomatic/tread agreement with Russia and that has to be taken into account when considering options.

Personally I think they will expel a few diplomats, put in more sanctions, send a few harsh words to Putin then before you know it in the next 18 months there will be some kind of trade envoy sent out and we will all be palls again.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 05:42 AM
link   

I don't think anyone with half a brain could be misled by those headlines as they made it clear that they were about cyber attacks.

Russia has form for cyber attacks on other countries.

Are you suggesting that Russia does not have the capacity to cripple the UK by such attacks?

And - you are agreeing with Flanker86!!!!

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Could this be interesting ?

www.abeldanger.org...

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join