It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E-Cig VAPING - Trojan horse to cancer, addiction, COPD & more - more dangerous than AR-15's!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

He never had any problems of waking up in the middle of the night with a chest of phlem, but now it happened 3-6 times a night and he had to empty it into a soda bottle next to his bed (TOTALLY GROSS!) and daily ritual of emptying it. Then in the morning he sounded like he had bronchitis and was hacking up phlem for 30-120 minutes

Did you know that was completely normal ? Even if you quit smoking cold turkey?" I was warned what would happen when I switched. There would be a time when I woud think I had bronchitis in the worst form . Want to know what that is ? That is a person's lungs clearing themselves.

The cancer part ? You dont really believe that , do you ?
Did you know I see an oncologist once every 3 months ?
One of the top in the country ?
Know the first question he asks ?
Are you still vaping and off the cigarettes ?
Answer , yes.
Doctor's comment - very good.

So take your crap and peddle it to the ignorant
edit on 2/28/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

I 100% agree. I used to smoke a pack a day at least, sometimes 1.5 depending on what I was doing and would go through nearly a carton per week. Luckily where I live a pack of cigarettes was only about 4 bucks and change for a medium quality brand. And I still save money to this day by using a vape and refilling the liquid. I spend 8 bucks a week on average for all I need and feel way better...I think, it's been 3 years since I have had a cigarette.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

When you stop smokimg you cough up a lot. Its a good thing. It gets better after a year or so.

I was over that in about 3 days, never shall I inhale burnt leaf matter again....changed my life....

Juice it

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I see a few doctors of various types. All are happy to hear i vape.

I have one that gives me immunosuppressive medication and wants me to vape. PG kills flu and pneumonia. And she wants me to do anything i can to fight off illness.

My wife was pretty sick with that flu going around this year. I didnt even get a tickle in my throat.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky
a reply to: badw0lf

You are probably correct. It is a good thing that I intentionally burn my foods to get that layer of carcinogen. MMMMM.

BACANCER !!! When I cook my chops I can smell the carcinogens flying off.. But it's the the only way to cook 'em..

I still have this hunch that things are not as transparent as they seem. Reality just dosen't offer easy buttons like that. If this were true to reality, the liquid will be much worse in the long run compared to burning a plant. The beautiful thing is unlike burning the plant, the symptoms will be hidden for much longer.

Well it is a fact that inhaling burnt planet matter is carcinogenic. Nothing is burnt in a vape. Nicotine and water vapour. Mostly. The quality of the juice has a lot to do with it, there have been some that included toxic chemicals, at least I was told by one vendor, but he was probably pushing his juice. Mt BakerVapour were a good online source, no issues. The last place I purchased from, I do notice a difference. But at least there is no deliberately added toxins added to keep you addicted.

With the plant, as I age, I can definitely tell it is having an impact. I have reduced my consumption to 4-5 cigs a day now to get back to even. I am not kidding myself and I know they are bad. I will eventually need to quit.

But there is just something about fairytails getting utterly destroyed in this reality.

I have a mate here in Western Australia who grows his own tobacco plant. It is vastly different to tailor mades. But he rolls it right from the plant. No processing. I had a disagreement with a lecturer once here, who taught drug and alcohol in college. She proclaimed to the class that a certain herb that shall remain nameless, caused cancer. I took her to task on this, as the rest of the class (ranging from 16 to 70 years of age) just took her at face value. She eventually capitulated and said it was the burning of the planet material that caused cancer. She ended up sending me her class notes via college Email, and it was run of the mill half truths. Someone who had no idea really, teaching others based on outdated and often wrong information.

Like most of the 'facts' in the OP here. Things bent to put the fear into the generally ignorant populace, in order to sway them to their agenda.

Good luck on giving up though brother !! Hardest thing I know. Especially when they're all around you tempting you when you feel weaker...

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: snarfbot
nicotine consumed by any means still causes your arteries to harden which will contribute to cardiovascular problems down the line.

and if the heart disease doesn't scare you how about the erectile dysfunction? throw that junk away!

Can you cite any studies that show pure nicotine (not smoking tobacco) hardens arteries, causes heart disease and makes your peen floppy?

It is a vasoconstrictor, the same as caffeine. So anyone with a pre-existing heart issue may have problems. And lets not pretend people don't eat so much fatty foods that their arteries are at risk of one thing alone.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   

When you stop smokimg you cough up a lot. Its a good thing. It gets better after a year or so.

Imagine being that guy after a heart/lung transplant ...

... coughing up someone elses phlegm for a week

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Nicotine is a medicine, it is not what is bad in cigarettes, unless you use too much. Same with vaping, nicotine can be a problem if you smoke too much.

But the carriers, the glycols and other chemicals mixed with the nicotine, they can be more harmful on a person than cigarettes if you are constantly hitting on the Vaper. I saw people hitting it every fifteen minutes or so. I don't see that as good. I smoke, about maybe half a pack a day, but I go an hour or more between cigarettes.

Even most chain smokers years ago, they chain smoked at coffee and lunch breaks at work, they could not smoke when working. They smoked when drinking coffee or alcohol, it is actually an antidote for that chemistry to some extent.

I don't know why they use glycols, it is antifreeze, that stuff is not good for you.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I don't know why they use glycols, it is antifreeze, that stuff is not good for you.

They use propylene glycol in the juice... not Ethylene glycol!

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Propylene glycol is antifreeze. Look it up. I used it in campers over the years. Propylene glycol is not harmless, the antidote is actually milk if you ingest it. It is one of the chemicals put into commercial cigarettes that is bad for you. I am very intollerant to propylene glycol, many people are intolerant to the chemistry. I buy shampoos without it and I had problems with the double acting vanilla that has it in it so we buy organic vanilla now. Actually, vanilla has a similar chemistry but I am not as intollerant to that as the propylene glycol. Just because it is gras does not mean it is safe for everyone, over fifty percent of people not allergic to it and it can be considered GRAS

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   

a reply to: Gothmog

I see a few doctors of various types. All are happy to hear i vape.

I have one that gives me immunosuppressive medication and wants me to vape. PG kills flu and pneumonia. And she wants me to do anything i can to fight off illness.

My wife was pretty sick with that flu going around this year. I didnt even get a tickle in my throat.

Yeah!

My wife gets "sick" all the time.

I don't get colds or flus.

Last time i went to the DR was for anaphylactic shock.

lol!!

Almost died, but I was done after a couple hrs, needed a smoke.

Too funny, (my situation) it's horrible when it's a child or no one knows what's happening.

I'll stay away from farmed catfish from Nam.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Propylene glycol is antifreeze. Look it up. I used it in campers over the years. Propylene glycol is not harmless, the antidote is actually milk if you ingest it. It is one of the chemicals put into commercial cigarettes that is bad for you. I am very intollerant to propylene glycol, many people are intolerant to the chemistry. I buy shampoos without it and I had problems with the double acting vanilla that has it in it so we buy organic vanilla now. Actually, vanilla has a similar chemistry but I am not as intollerant to that as the propylene glycol. Just because it is gras does not mean it is safe for everyone, over fifty percent of people not allergic to it and it can be considered GRAS

I think if u were allergic, u would know pretty quickly.

don't spread that BS.

Antifreeze is not in any ecig juice!

Where are u buying your stuff?

It's all food additives plus some nicotine.

Allergies are a bitch.

I understand.

Have you got rid of your microwave oven?

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I started ecigs about 10 years ago and still vape, today. I had quit smoking cigarettes for 6 to 7 years before starting the ecigs. I have tried strengths up to 56mg and have found a satisfying concentration of about 20mg of nicotine. I prefer PG over VG. VG is very harsh for me for some reason. 56mg is very strong but not anywhere near a fatal dose.

Your friends cough undoubtedly came from his cigarette usage not the e-cig. Of course ecigs produce some amount of bronchitis but not nearly as much as cigarettes.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

I think if u were allergic, u would know pretty quickly.

don't spread that BS.

Antifreeze is not in any ecig juice!

Where are u buying your stuff?

It's all food additives plus some nicotine.

Allergies are a bitch.

I understand.

Have you got rid of your microwave oven?

Go down to propylene glycol in this antifreeze page. en.wikipedia.org...

Here is one from the CDC. Note how it says that it causes what it is added to to retain water. www.atsdr.cdc.gov...

They put propylene glycol in soaps and shampoos to make the hair hold onto moisture and to plump the skin so it looks smoother. The cells swell up and it can block the sweat ducts from working by pinching them off and cause pimples to form in some people. This can cause some raw spots. Now in the lungs, it plumps the lung cells up and cause a harder time of oxygen transfer. That is why it is bad in cigarettes. It will not kill you, that is what GRAS means. But lots of things considered GRAS can hurt you if overconsumed or overused.

Just like ALUM is considered GRAS, but in fact it is actually a neurostimulant that can cause many problems in the body. Most people have this in their cupboards. It was once considered a medicine.

I spent a lot of time researching propylene glycol, the method of how it works in the body, the enzymes that are needed to detox it. This incorporates three or four metabolic cycles to detox. It is also psychoactive, having a doping effect because of it's actions on the cells and on our bloods ability to carry oxygen. It is not safe in cigarettes and not safe in vapes.

Look up what Generally recognized as safe means, it is on the FDA site. When something is considered GRAS, it is by the serving size, if you have two of the usual servings, then it may not be GRAS. This also applies to the chemistry in that box of Mac and cheese too or the can of soup. GRAS does not mean it is safe, it means it has no detrimental effects that can severely harm you initially. Nothing about long term use or mixing of chemistries together. You can mix two GRAS chemicals together then when they hit the stomach acid, they can harm you.

We had a microwave up until about five years ago when our last one burst into flames in the kitchen. We never got another, I do not trust them anymore. We have always had expensive ones and when my brother got his Ion meter, he tested it on his new microwave, he had one catch fire too by the way. There is a lot of ions coming out of the microwave, enough to register the meter in the high end of the meter all across the kitchen. But I just do not trust them anymore, they sure stink when they burn up. I remember when microwaves came out, we had one that year. Expensive but impressive. They were not nearly as powerful as they are today, they were much safer. But they base the safety of the new high power ones on years of use of low powered ones. That is not real evidence.

We do not need a microwave, in fact, heating everything up is not good for you, you should actually eat cool food if you want energy to do something. Hot food actually lowers our energy making cold food gives you energy to do things. I am not going to get into that, it is a complex way our body chemistry works and the research articles that show the processes are not understood by people who do not know a lot about metabolics and the enzyme cycles.

If you want energy to do something, drink cool water or a cold pop. If you want to chill out and sit, drink a hot drink, it fires up your heating and cooling cycles.
edit on 1-3-2018 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 12:31 AM
link   
This ops is absurd. Vaping has been studied by a multitude of firms, almost all saying the benefits far outweigh the risks of continuing regular cigs. to the order of 1000 to 1.

Your antidotal evidence of your friend starting to vape sounds like he started dealing with the effects of gunk in his lungs that was already there from smoking for who knows how long being loosened up. the vape stimulates the silia in the lungs where tobacco products have paralized...with that moving again, all the tar and crap gets disloged and you feel the need to cough a lot initially...and often spit up all the yellow murky horrors that were in your lungs. Once your lungs are clean, you rarely cough again, but it can sometimes take days of not weeks.

As far as the nic content...if you are quitting smoking, start high, then work your way down until you are sitting at 3mg....for some reason, the 0 nic tastes weird and off, but 3 is such a low dose that it really doesn't effect you in terms of addiction. Once you're on 3 for awhile, you can simply quit without much of an effort if you want...and start back when you feel the desire to puff on something (such as bars and stuff)

Ignore the ops.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 12:42 AM
link   
It's all about the DNA squonk mod in TC... about 430F @ 65-75watts with DUAL 3mm ID, tripple core fused clapton coils clockin' in at .15 ohms and some ORGANIC Japanese cotton ... KENDO GOLD cotton.

OR...go old skool and hit that MECH MOD w/25mm naval brass Kennedy up top. SLAM CAPS for days, yo.

Yeah.

^ This guy VAPES.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: eManym
I started ecigs about 10 years ago and still vape, today. I had quit smoking cigarettes for 6 to 7 years before starting the ecigs. I have tried strengths up to 56mg and have found a satisfying concentration of about 20mg of nicotine. I prefer PG over VG. VG is very harsh for me for some reason. 56mg is very strong but not anywhere near a fatal dose.

Your friends cough undoubtedly came from his cigarette usage not the e-cig. Of course ecigs produce some amount of bronchitis but not nearly as much as cigarettes.

Don't forget the vapor cleans out the lungs.

I can't just take a big hit on my E, first thing in the morn, I need to ease into it.

18 is my limit and no need to go past that.

Anything can trigger bronchitis, it's just a catch all term, like "a cold" dog hair, cat hair, pubic hair, yeah, it's real.

Mostly it's dead skin cell poop from mites.

lol. Need some chlorpheniramine maleate tabs, 4mgs or a maid.

edit on 3 1 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland
It's all about the DNA squonk mod in TC... about 430F @ 65-75watts with DUAL 3mm ID, tripple core fused clapton coils clockin' in at .15 ohms and some ORGANIC Japanese cotton ... KENDO GOLD cotton.

OR...go old skool and hit that MECH MOD w/25mm naval brass Kennedy up top. SLAM CAPS for days, yo.

Yeah.

^ This guy VAPES.

lol!!

Bet it blows up in his pocket someday.

Just like the YT vids of other idiots.

Then it gives us all a bad rep.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

OHMS LAW

your friend.

Dude prolly put a tank on a hybrid. Spongy 510 on RTAs = BAD TIME.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
This ops is absurd. Vaping has been studied by a multitude of firms, almost all saying the benefits far outweigh the risks of continuing regular cigs. to the order of 1000 to 1.

Your antidotal evidence of your friend starting to vape sounds like he started dealing with the effects of gunk in his lungs that was already there from smoking for who knows how long being loosened up. the vape stimulates the silia in the lungs where tobacco products have paralized...with that moving again, all the tar and crap gets disloged and you feel the need to cough a lot initially...and often spit up all the yellow murky horrors that were in your lungs. Once your lungs are clean, you rarely cough again, but it can sometimes take days of not weeks.

As far as the nic content...if you are quitting smoking, start high, then work your way down until you are sitting at 3mg....for some reason, the 0 nic tastes weird and off, but 3 is such a low dose that it really doesn't effect you in terms of addiction. Once you're on 3 for awhile, you can simply quit without much of an effort if you want...and start back when you feel the desire to puff on something (such as bars and stuff)

Ignore the ops.

Spot On!

Screw these squids. Let em choke.

I figured it out on my own.

My rabid anti cig wifey has no prob when i vape next to her.

Taxi's, movies, church, malls, restos, police stations, no prob.

edit on 3 1 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join