It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E-Cig VAPING - Trojan horse to cancer, addiction, COPD & more - more dangerous than AR-15's!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I know people who smoke a cigarette every day or two for the health reasons that they claim. It is in line with what you say.

Except one dude who does it just to prove he is king of his body or something. But there are valuable chemicals in just about every plant, and very rarely will it kill you in small amounts.

Although alkaloids tend to be quite deadly.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

You can believe what you want about things, I study the whole story and try to make a determination as to all the effects. Propylene glycol is not a good chemical to inhale or even ingest regularly, It is found in way too many products because it is considered "harmless" Nothing is harmless to everybody.

The microwave shorted out internally and caught fire, I will not be getting another one. The ions that come through the door are not harmless, they have an effect on our nervous system if you are standing in front of the microwave when you wait. That has lots of evidence to back it. If you keep reheating everything, you won't feel like going out and rake the grass or cut the lawn or won't have the desire to do things that help you actually burn calories. A contributing factor to obesity is our ability to heat leftovers and eat hot food. Leftover cold coffee in the coffee pot actually gets you going, hot coffee works different it calms you and makes you chatty.

How a person prepares food for a desired trait of the food is important, chemicals form and do not form by different ways of making food. You can lower the boiling point of water you cook in by adding certain companion food chemistry in it to keep certain chemicals from falling apart or you can bake something at a higher temperature to destroy unwanted food chemistry. That is why we have recipes and why we teach our young how to cook, epigenetic factors actually are important in relation to food chemistry we consume.

The only thing I miss about the microwave is that it made good green beans, but boiling them in water is actually better for you, it denatures some of the plant defense system chemistry that can cause blood jelling. It is not the microwave that actually is causing damage some times, it is that it does not properly neutralize the plant defense system chemistry as well as generation old cooking practices do. Even green beans eaten raw can cause some major health problems if you eat more than the amount that the enzymes in your body can handle. Usually that is less than five or six green beans. But what the hell, I guess having many ministrokes a day is considered normal these days.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I know people who smoke a cigarette every day or two for the health reasons that they claim. It is in line with what you say.

Except one dude who does it just to prove he is king of his body or something. But there are valuable chemicals in just about every plant, and very rarely will it kill you in small amounts.

Although alkaloids tend to be quite deadly.

I read an article written by the head of one of the Harvard research programs and he basically said that for some people that tobacco works better than meds to treat some issues with mental health like Skitzo and anxiety because it had less side effects than the medicine used to treat those diseases for them. Tobacco contains some B-Carbolines and other chemistries that can calm people, it is not just the nicotine. One of the chemicals found in cigarettes is nitrous oxide, nitrous oxide kills microbes and even viruses. NO2 is produced in our body to kill these infections naturally. So if you get a craving for a cigarette when visiting someone at the hospital, go out and smoke one and maybe it will kill the inhaled microbes in your lungs. I think vaping also creates nitrous oxide.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: djz3ro

originally posted by: rickymouse
Nicotine is a medicine, it is not what is bad in cigarettes, unless you use too much. Same with vaping, nicotine can be a problem if you smoke too much.

You do know its highly poisonous, right? I mean I could quote the Anarchists Cookbook section on Nicotine here for you verbatim but I'd likely get banned as I'm sure posting instructions on how to manufacture a deadly poison from such an innocuous (in your opinion) substance. It doesn't require cigarettes to produce the posing, rolling tobacco is better...

Nicotine is a plant defense system chemical. For humans in moderation and with proper application it is a medicine. Many medicines are based off nicotine chemistry. The plant version of niacin is nicotinic acid, nicotinic acid is the acid version of nicotine chemistry. Niacin is actually a dangerous chemistry if overconsumed too. It is also an antidote for overconsumption of methyl and ethyl chemistry. People used to believe nicotine was a carcinogen and that it was poison. To a certain extent it is definitely poisonous but that poison in small doses is actually good for us. I would get sort of dizzy from the vaping I tried, similar to that of the nicotine patch the doctor gave me a prescription for. I told her I did not smoke more than half a pack of cigarettes a day and she gave me the strength of two packs a day. I also told her I could easily quit if I wanted to but was not interested in quitting. The nicotine patch did not help with thinking, it dummed me down worse than the cigarettes I smoked. I feel the B-carbalines in the cigarette is what is the most helpful to me. Probably the small amount of harmaline in tobacco. www.sciencedirect.com...

The bit I can share of the Anarchists Cookbook is...

Nicotine is an abundant poison. Easily found in tobacco products, in concentrated form a few drops can quickly kill someone. 

Now obviously this is concentrated and you don't smoke concentrated nicotine but it is poisonous

I see this has turned into a d¡ck comparing contest, I mean vape comparing contest, what about herbal vapes? Anyone recommending cm good ones?

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I'd not be surprised if that article was written in the 90's (at the most recent).

Psychotropics really took off in the 90's. No longer did you have to suffer with effects like EPS and tardive dyskenesia from taking drugs like haldol, resperdol, and thorazine.

I recall that the first major breakthrough came with Clozaril, but it tended to create issues with orthostatic hypertension (and was very expensive...patients who weren't compliant were not started on it again once they were readmitted due to cost). Now Zyprexa and Seroquel seem to have really taken their place. And along with this, most mental hospitals have banned smoking.

But I remember we used to dump out the rolling tobacco and roll up cigarettes for patients. Every hour we did a 15 minute smoke break for the ones on unit restrictions. Prior to my stint in mental health, tobacco was used as a "reinforcer". Basically, leverage against bad behavior. That is abusive behavior, so it was stopped thankfully.

But tobacco and mental health have a long and storied history.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

Now obviously this is concentrated and you don't smoke concentrated nicotine but it is poisonous

Just about everything is poisonous (or toxic), if you ingest enough of it... For example, if your average person just sculled a bottle of pure ethanol, then they'd probably die without immediate medical attention... But if that same person sculled a bottle of beer (which has ethanol in it), it'd be basically harmless to them.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Two drops of pure solanine in potatoes could kill some people. Two drops of concentrated plant defense system chemicals from many plants could possibly cause death. Atropine is derived from nightshades too, it is a powerful medicine and toxin.

I know nicotine is toxic , so are most medicines if you take them in totally pure concentrated form. Nicotine is a medicine that can treat diseases. The main owners of the tobacco plantations now are the Pharma companies who use it to make medicines of all kinds. But nicotine cannot be patented, it is naturally in all nightshades.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I'd not be surprised if that article was written in the 90's (at the most recent).

Psychotropics really took off in the 90's. No longer did you have to suffer with effects like EPS and tardive dyskenesia from taking drugs like haldol, resperdol, and thorazine.

I recall that the first major breakthrough came with Clozaril, but it tended to create issues with orthostatic hypertension (and was very expensive...patients who weren't compliant were not started on it again once they were readmitted due to cost). Now Zyprexa and Seroquel seem to have really taken their place. And along with this, most mental hospitals have banned smoking.

But I remember we used to dump out the rolling tobacco and roll up cigarettes for patients. Every hour we did a 15 minute smoke break for the ones on unit restrictions. Prior to my stint in mental health, tobacco was used as a "reinforcer". Basically, leverage against bad behavior. That is abusive behavior, so it was stopped thankfully.

But tobacco and mental health have a long and storied history.

Actually, the chemistry in a potato is better for mental health struck people than the tobacco is. There is some impressive chemistry in the potato. Solanine has some properties, but there is much more to a potato's chemistry than Solanine, it actually stimulates GABA production. Way Less side effects than eating spinach too. Spinach has lots of folate in it, that can make some people actually more irrational and crabby if they get too much folate, they block folate in a couple of the antipsychotic meds.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

DJaquith's 3.25 profile works pretty darn good for SS 316L on my 75c

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Just about everything is poisonous (or toxic), if you ingest enough of it... For example, if your average person just sculled a bottle of pure ethanol, then they'd probably die without immediate medical attention... But if that same person sculled a bottle of beer (which has ethanol in it), it'd be basically harmless to them.

Absolutely, even Cannabis can be, though it would be near physically impossible to kill yourself with it...

At present it is estimated that marijuana’s LD-50 is around1:20,000 or 1:40,000. In layman terms this means that in order to induce death a marijuana smoker would have to consume 20,000 to 40,000 times as much marijuana as is contained in one marijuana cigarette. NIDA-supplied marijuana cigarettes weigh approximately .9 grams. A smoker would theoretically have to consume nearly 1,500 pounds of marijuana within about fifteen minutes to induce a lethal response.

That's a lot of MJ to get in your system in 15 mins.

But yes, there is a lot that's bad for us out there. I chose the sensible option and didn't take up tobacco inhilation as a crutch.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

Im gonna plug thos in a bit later and give it a try. Id love to have good settings for SS TC

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Thoughts on Halo?

Halo Website

I was looking at something like the Triton II, and some of their juices.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: snarfbot
nicotine consumed by any means still causes your arteries to harden which will contribute to cardiovascular problems down the line.

and if the heart disease doesn't scare you how about the erectile dysfunction? throw that junk away!

is this true?

unfortunately I smoked cigarettes for 15 years and made the switch to liquid.

I think it helps me breath a little better... but I can tell vaping is still not good for your health... especially the cheap stuff.

healthier than cigarettes? Absolutely (IMO).

looking to switch from liquid to gum and then be done with nicotine all together. I don't want any erectile issues as I age, and I have noticed a difference whenever I am nicotine free.

If I was a woman, I'd probably still be smoking cigarettes. Nicotine has always suppressed my appetite making it hard to gain weight.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I think I am more worried about this fukushima tuna fish.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been posted but chances are, if your friend switched from smoking to vaping then the abnormal amount of mucus he was coughing up will have been his body cleansing itself from all the years of tobacco smoking. When you quit smoking, your body will rid itself of a lot of gunk. I vape and I can tell you I feel 1000x better than when I smoked. It has been around 5 years or so now and I still feel fine.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

I tried an eCig a few years ago.
It caused my nose to bleed a little bit and made my throat hurt after a week or two of using it.

I was thinking "um wow cigs don't do this, what the hell?" so I quit using it and went back to regular tobacco.
Haven't had any problems since.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: sean
I think I am more worried about this fukushima tuna fish.

There's nothing to worry about.

We are being poisoned no matter what you eat or whatever.
I say live life while you can.
We are all Fuku'd anyways.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I can vouch for the mucus crap after quitting cigs, and I have never vaped!

I cold turkey'd the cancer sticks, 5 years ago, never looked back.

I don't vape and have never vaped, and can tell you, after I stopped smoking,

I coughed up the inner parts of your lung that basically sheds itself after the danger is removed,

that mucus is like lung armor, but too much and you got congestion and respiratory problem bait.

I'm not sure of the effects of vaping long term, but do know, if it gets you off cigs, and isn't a chemical, it's not that bad.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

So what device did you use, which coils, which juices?
I mean find a good mouth to lung tank with idem dito coils, a mouth to lung tank&coil gives a tight pull with a nice tasting juice. I like strong tobacco as an e-liquid, but it's kinda hard to find one you really like.
The smoker thinks it's nicotine that matters, it matters but not much!

I really don't notice any withdrawal symptoms or an urge for nicotine when I don't use it (for 12 hours or more!). Sure I miss something, but not a feeling I had when I smoked, that your body so to speak is making up your mind and keep thinking about it (or feeling light headed or whatever).
But sure without it it's just not as nice, like cola light but worse.

Still sounds weird in my ears that you get this feeling of inhaling water, in my ears it's about your device and coil which doesn't work right.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof

a reply to: DigginFoTroof

I hate to tell you this...but you are patently amd absurdly wrong.

If you believe you arent wrong....i need evidence. Because your evidence is wrong too.

Should add: 2.5 years cig free. I vape copious amounts all day every day.

HMMM, I'm wondering if it could have been the brand that was causing such extreme phlem. I want to make it clear that I'm not exaggerating in the least about the excessive problems this caused this person and the only change was going to e-cigs.

Are you familiar with acrolein? Have you studied the long term effects of it? It's not something that is going to kill you in the first week, month or years, but it will cause serious effects.

I'm doing a good bit of research into this at the moment, and I HOPE that I am wrong, but from what I have found from the numbers (that didn't seem to add up when I looked at manufacture's numbers). i't like someone drinking a glass of water with arsenic in it every day, saying "I feel fine" and then 2 years later, that .1mg per day of arsenic, finally rears it's head and they are on their death bed. I'm trying to find out how these chemicals are going to effect long term health and why some people seem to have that extreme congestion when swiching to ecigs. If it is the case that some manufacturers are using an additive or different carrier than the rest of the industry, than that is alarming b/c IDK if the carrier liquid is listed on the package (or all of the packaged).

Having the strong concentrations is also a potential time bomb when some idiot realizes that they can easily kill lots of people by putting it in a common drinking jug/cooler/dispenser, etc. It's hard to find accurate info on the taste of pure nicotine but it has been described as having something like an acidic taste (not strong) which seems logical, especially if it is a salt of nicotine like HCl or SO4 and other describe it as mildly peppery - all of which could be hidden in many different drinks. This is of great concern and if something like cyanide were as widely available on the internet or at stores, there would be outrage over people having access to such an extreme poison.

There was two changes; Quitting smoking, and starting to vape. That's two separate things. Quitting smoking will fill your lungs with phlem. Any smoker who quit will tell you this.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join