It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Called to School Because ‘Math Symbol Looked like a Gun’

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: verschickter

I know its pretty shi**y to be worried you are going to be shot up every time you go out in public these days. That much I know.

No I am not to blame, because I want to make it harder for people who want to shoot up a bunch of strangers to get the guns.

Wow. I feel bad for you. To be drawn into the fear and hype that the media creates, I don't really how you function. When I go out, being shot never enters my mind.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: kaylaluv

I know its pretty shi**y to be worried you are going to be shot up every time you go out in public these days. That much I know.

To be fair if this is how you feel than you are not really in touch with reality. Regardless of what the "news" has been telling us the chances of being caught in a mass shooting are very small.

living in fear does not help when making decisions that effect everyone.
38 years I have been living in the deep south around a lot of guns and I am no more afraid to go out in public than I was when I was 10.

Fear the square root, it's an obvious sign of someone lost in delusion and ill intent. They're likely calculate you to death using an abacus.

For those so destined to destroy the world, started with math. Just look at Albert Einstein.. /QED

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 05:55 AM
link   

a reply to: Sublimecraft

Its about being scared and on edge. Stop the school shootings, and that will fade away.

Seriously, it wont. this generation of scared people will always, ALWAYS, find something. If it comes down to people scared of applied mathematics, literally, then you think there is any way out?

People reporting Norwegian flags as confederate flags, as if there is any reason to even report such things? Kids suspended for eating sandwiches into 'gun' shapes? And now flaming math symbols?

What the hell is going on, it's not fear. It's utter idiocy.

link   

This thread is NOT about banning guns. Point out any post of mine where I say the words guns should be banned. You can't, because I never said it.

I'm not on the "ban guns" bandwagon so stop frothing at the mouth. I said I want to make it harder for the bad people and the crazy people to get guns.

link   

edit on 25-2-2018 by kaylaluv because: Duplicate

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 05:57 AM
link   

a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Yep. Tons of car accidents happen every day. Every time I get into a car, I am aware of that - painfully aware. I will be glad when self-driving cars are required by law. Millions of lives will be saved.

More automatic cars, but no automatic guns.

lol

no, self driving cars will not result in less deaths.. just less causes of death by vehicle due to human negligence. there will certainly be just as many "computer said no" errors.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

a reply to: scraedtosleep

Yeah, who cares about getting shot up. It'll be fun! Just ask the kids at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High school.

That doesn't make the dead folks mowed-by-vehicle any less important in this debate because, in both instances, 'mental case' is common denominator - ignore at your own peril.

OOps - did I say 'both'? - I meant 'every'.

Did I say they were less important? This thread is about the increase in school shootings, and the fear responses as a result of that increase.

No, this thread is about a kid being investigated and possible penalised for drawing a square root symbol.

And other kids being too scared to understand.

sheesh...

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Chance321

Yeah it probably never entered the mind of those 14 and 15 year olds when they were walking out of their classrooms either. Surprise!

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 06:03 AM
link   

I said I want to make it harder for the bad people and the crazy people to get guns.

Well, too bad the blackmarket does not care what you want! They do not care about laws or how difficult you make it for an law abiding citizen to purchase guns.

It´s not all rainbowy and they don´t care if you can dance your name.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 06:03 AM
link   
id rather the police respond and be inquisitive, even if it's a questionable context.

since the last massacre on feb14, guess how many school shootings were thwarted, actual plans to shoot up a school?
conversely, there were more false alarms.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter

I said I want to make it harder for the bad people and the crazy people to get guns.

Well, too bad the blackmarket does not care what you want! They do not care about laws or how difficult you make it for an law abiding citizen to purchase guns.

It´s not all rainbowy and they don´t care if you can dance your name.

I know. It's a sh*thole. Just like I said.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Hey man I have had a gun put in my face twice in my life. I have seen in person friends being killed.

If we can't enjoy our lives regardless of the horrible things that happen to us then whats the point?

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 06:09 AM
link   

There is nothing wrong with trying to make things better. Life can be even more enjoyable when things are better.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 06:09 AM
link   

So no real response, just the well known "we have to make it difficult"-phrase without any viable solution, as always.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Who needs a Gun when you can carry a knife around just as easily.

Machete's, the new gun of the future.

/sarc

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Well its better than the " you're tryin' to take mah gunz!" response. That's not helpful either.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Nothing wrong with that at all. but I think people filled with fear shouldn't be the ones deciding whats "better" for the rest of us.

But lets remember that you and I and those students, they are not the ones who will ultimately make a change, so it's ok for them to be afraid.
It will be the lawmakers in our government who decide.

My advice to you is solid. Less fear=happier life.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 06:40 AM
link   

We shouldn’t let the people who worship guns decide what’s better for the rest of us either.

Maybe a compromise between “ban all guns” and “it shouldn’t be hard for anyone to get a gun” is needed?

My life is happy, thanks. I have a healthy fear of things that can harm me though. Don’t think there is anything wrong with that. Your mileage may vary.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: radarloveguy

What- he wasn't arrested for having weapons of math desthruction?

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   
During the US civil war each "division" was commanded by a major general.
One of the major players in the war was a General named Daniel Harvey Hill.
Hill was an algebra teacher who tried to make math interesting prior to the war.
Perhaps a teacher at Oberlin High School just had high hopes?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join