It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Called to School Because ‘Math Symbol Looked like a Gun’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: badw0lf

We don't know what the kid said. Maybe during the discussion, he said "I've got a couple of "square roots" at home, maybe i'll bring one of my "square roots" to school tomorrow."

Do you think its okay to joke about bringing a bomb on a plane while you are waiting in line to get on the plane?

That’s almost as bad as cracking jokes about square roots and pi being on a math test before the test.

I can only calculate pi to the 2nd decimal. Please don’t punish me!
edit on 2/25/2018 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 04:18 AM
link   

I can identify with that. I'm trying to raise a 4 year old. where I am right now he doesn't have to worry about crime, violence, pollution, lack of education. everybody waves and says hi. everybody in the neighborhood knows each other and smiles. nobody drives recklessly. kids at 6 are able ride their bikes around the neighborhood alone exploring and being kids without their parents having to worry.

I made the decision that I would never hamstring him and bring him to america. never put him into the same bleak future the rest of the kids his age in America face. he can grow up being a normal boy without the complications of growing up in america.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 04:27 AM
link   

We don't know what the kid said. Maybe during the discussion, he said "I've got a couple of "square roots" at home, maybe i'll bring one of my "square roots" to school tomorrow."

Do you think its okay to joke about bringing a bomb on a plane while you are waiting in line to get on the plane?

Yair, maybe he just wanted to root some squares too.

Lets assume a shape is a weapon, and interrogate people from there.

ETA:

So using the square root symbol in class at an education facility, is the same as saying "I have a bomb" on a plane?

Give me strength....
edit on 25-2-2018 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: radarloveguy

At a stretch Pi certainly does look gun like .

My recommendation is to preface all math
symbols with wholesome words i.e Apple Pi
Sweet potato square root .. etc

I'm more into Strawberry Pi's
You can make them almost do anything when you program them right..

Though putting them in an enclosure does raise the heat level..

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

That symbol looks scary. More scary than an AR-15. I shall wait 3.14 seconds before calling the police.

No we just circle the diameter until we can ascertain that the perimeter is safe to enter.

So far, these days, anyway..

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

edit on 25-2-2018 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 04:37 AM
link   

I favor the raspberry pi. mine has over 400 classic nintendo, Sega and arcade games on it and it only cost 35 bucks to build.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf

So using the square root symbol in class at an education facility, is the same as saying "I have a bomb" on a plane?

Give me strength....

That's not what I said at all.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Naaah, what we need is more shootings! Bang bang!

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Thanks for posting that. I was hoping the story was embellished a bit. From your same link though there is a piece that is concerning maybe?

In spite of that declaration, the student is facing expulsion. In the wake of the shooting in Florida the school board set a new policy. According to KATC, "Any student accused of talking about guns or school shootings will be investigated by three entities: the school board, the sheriff's department, and the district attorney's office."

If the police found no threat, why would they need to consider expulsion? Maybe it is just too early and I'm not awake enough yet...I don't get it.

Thanks,
blend

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Yep, America has become a sh*thole.. and we can't blame refugees for it. Its all home grown.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Really? You guys can't figure out why stuff like this is happening? People are scared and on edge.

Kids are scared to go to school. Parents are scared for their kids. Teachers are scared. The police are scared due to the backlash of them not doing enough to stop the guy from shooting up the high school.

Yeah, I see that... The hardcore 2nd amendment supporters are always ranting on about how they oppose any and all gun regulations. They claim they need to uphold their right to own and buy firearms, without any restrictions, because it makes them feel safe and secure.

But looking from the outside in... As far as I can tell, all that an (basically) unregulated gun culture actually creates, is a society that is in a state of constant paranoia and irrational fear... which ironically, is anything but safe.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: blend57

I guess the theory of that is to make the punishment quite severe to discourage hoaxes.

Plus, after what just happened with Cruz, they kind of have to follow up any info they get...

edit on 25/2/18 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I remember when calling the police was something that was only done when a crime happened. The police had a certain respect. If you go them involved in a situation, you knew it was because it warranted it.
We are sadly in a time when people get offended at the slightest thing. I hope this phase will pass and we can start using our common sense again.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 04:52 AM
link   

So that means you have no idea what you are talking about in terms of refugees, by first hand experience? But somehow you think you can have any valid, reality based opinion about it when it comes to Europe?

How backwards.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Trump: We can't let "those kind of people" come over here from their sh*thole countries because they will turn our country into a sh*thole.

Me: Our country is already a sh*thole from our own people.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

So a few people doing something stupid represent the group as a whole?

Is that really how you feel?

Think hard about the stupids that are part of whatever group you associate with before you answer though.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: blend57

Also it says any student accused. that is scary.
Whats to stop students that don't like each other from accusing one another and tying up law enforcement .
Sounds like a knee jerk reaction to a very series issue to me.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Ah of course you need to tie in Trump...

If you call your own country a #hole, you´re the one to blame, too. You have no idea what a #hole looks like. You come over as a privileged, feminist hardcore liberal that has lost touch with reality.

Since you need to tie in politics..

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join