It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Called to School Because ‘Math Symbol Looked like a Gun’

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

This is what happens when rumours are left to spread unchallenged.

Perhaps consider adding 'this is what happens when fear mongering is cultivated and sold as news'. Could be the same thing. Rumors and high school go hand in hand. In the current climate, the Police will respond to something like this right away. Look at the backlash the county sheriff's office in Florida is getting.

However, when you have a media that saturates the public psyche with 'gun violence', is it any surprise it becomes the substance of the unchecked rumors? I guess it would still be the individuals problem if they ingest this hook, line, and sinker. They are still supposed to have a brain.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ABNARTY

This is the very same kind of hysteria that saw a grade school kid suspended over gnawing his pop tart into the shape of a gun.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Police Called to School Because ‘Math Symbol Looked like a Gun’

You have got to be effing kidding, but your not.

Morons,Morons, Morons everywhere.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I have heard this "I want to move to _______" a few times now. Not just from you but others as well.

Is the fear really that great? Have you thought this through? Canada is a fine place, been there many times myself. But is it really a safe haven?

There are hundreds of things which have an astronomically higher probability of killing you than the circumstances in Florida. They are in Canada. They are everywhere. One of them will get you. It will get me. Everybody.

Why does the fear of something so remote motivate people to consider something so drastic (for lack of a better word) and so ineffectual? Yes, I understand people do not always react rationally. I am not picking on you. Burning down a house to get rid of cockroaches seems reasonable to me so I get it.

I don't expect you to answer for the unruly mobs as a whole. This was just an opportunity to address something bugging me.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   
According to some people.

Kids have been scared stupid.

I surmise, No. They've been made that way.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: radarloveguy

Well I think i've gotten to the square root of the problem-fear and idiots.

How do high school students not recognize that symbol? I learnt that before I hit pre puberty! we may as well start investigating mathematicians and physicists for use of this dangerous symbol. While we are at it let's ban the ampersand because it looks like bomb wiring, and ban the capital G because looks like a dude with a beard and we all know every dude with a beard secretly works for ISIS.

Can I get a Piccard facepalm people?

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ABNARTY

It’s not really fear as much as disgust. Disgust that people can’t afford healthcare in this country. Disgust that we have such a violent culture that school shootings are becoming the norm. Disgust that the religious right are STILL fighting to discriminate against gays/transgenders, etc.

About 18 years ago, I moved from Houston to Austin. Austin’s not perfect, but it’s got more positives than negatives for me. I know a place like Canada isn’t perfect. No place is. I realize that. But I think it has more positives for me than negatives. I reeaaaalllly don’t like cold weather, but... I guess I could bundle up.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Canada has drop bears, poutine, hockey, potholes and mosquitoes the size of small Rottweiler's.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Someone explain to me how this:

Looks like a gun.

We're they stoned?

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   

You know what the US has that disgusts me?

People who hate it as much as you do.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I hope the little dears never, ever really look at their calculators. Last I checked, most all of them have a square root key! *GASP* Those calculators are endorsing gun violence!

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Or their smart phones.

Calc App.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: verschickter

Trump: We can't let "those kind of people" come over here from their sh*thole countries because they will turn our country into a sh*thole.

Me: Our country is already a sh*thole from our own people.

Then why do you stay in this sh*thole? Is it because you know full and well that even if it's a sh*thole it's not nearly as much of a sh*thole as other places? If money is the issue, you can always start a go-fund me account and let others know how you fear for your life from all the guns and the looming possibility you will be killed by a car like millions of others have been. You will most likely find many who will assist you. I can't imagine what it must be like to live every waking moment in fear of ones own life. Going to the mall or crossing the street while being in sheer terror.

I really hope you find some place where you feel safe!

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Canada has drop bears, poutine, hockey, potholes and mosquitoes the size of small Rottweiler's.

Yes, but the truly important thing - do Canadian schools still teach square roots? And if they do, do they still use the scary, scary "gun" symbol?

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I don’t know what “drop bears” are, but I’m a city girl, so I don’t imagine they’d be much of a problem in Vancouver or Toronto? Poutine is optional, hockey is great! We got potholes and plenty of mosquitos in Texas too, so I’m used to that.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

You know what the US has that disgusts me?

People who hate it as much as you do.

You have a right to your opinion, I have a right to mine.

link   

edit on 25-2-2018 by kaylaluv because: Duplicate

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Yes, but the truly important thing - do Canadian schools still teach square roots? And if they do, do they still use the scary, scary "gun" symbol?

Yes.

The only difference is that Canadians call it "square routs".

And it looks like this;

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Hmmm, still looks like a gun. Just someone leaned it up against the wall.

**EDIT**

Kaylaluv better not go there or go to any hockey games or watch them on TV. They would be monstrously traumatizing! All those masculine, hyper-predatory men racing around the rink, sweating and fighting and swinging their phallic, gun substitute sticks around in the air ...

She might want to go to another country than Canada. Canada is to masculine and would be to scary.
edit on 25-2-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   

I didn't say anything about you not getting an opinion, but as we are all airing them ...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join