It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Called to School Because ‘Math Symbol Looked like a Gun’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: blend57

Also it says any student accused. that is scary.
Whats to stop students that don't like each other from accusing one another and tying up law enforcement .
Sounds like a knee jerk reaction to a very series issue to me.

That is the sound of freedom.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

I know its pretty shi**y to be worried you are going to be shot up every time you go out in public these days. That much I know.

No I am not to blame, because I want to make it harder for people who want to shoot up a bunch of strangers to get the guns.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: radarloveguy

Also, all algebra teachers are closet-pirates because they are ALWAYS using us to find the X, I'm over their sh!t, seriously.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 05:18 AM
link   

These people will fail in life. Just keep them away from the rest of us.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

I know its pretty shi**y to be worried you are going to be shot up every time you go out in public these days. That much I know.

No I am not to blame, because I want to make it harder for people who want to shoot up a bunch of strangers to get the guns.

But I thought the thread was about the square root of full-retard?

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

To be fair if this is how you feel than you are not really in touch with reality. Regardless of what the "news" has been telling us the chances of being caught in a mass shooting are very small.

living in fear does not help when making decisions that effect everyone.
38 years I have been living in the deep south around a lot of guns and I am no more afraid to go out in public than I was when I was 10.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 05:20 AM
link   

By that logic you must be scared to cross the street since so many people die getting hit by cars.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Its about being scared and on edge. Stop the school shootings, and that will fade away.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 05:22 AM
link   

It was , lol
But that event is so ridiculous that we can't bring ourselves to even give it the respect of discussing it.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Its about being scared and on edge. Stop the school shootings, and that will fade away.

I wouldn't go singling out schools - shopping centres are just as easy so too local sporting events or the old ruins of penal colony tourist spots
edit on 25/2/2018 by Sublimecraft because: clarification

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Don't live your life in fear. It's unhealthy.

Death is the greatest adventure and life is but a dream.
Try and have fun.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 05:25 AM
link   

I try to stay out of gun threads,its an American issue.I just wanted to say,don't spoil your life by being afraid of being shot in public.Statiscally your chances of that happening to you is infinitesimal.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Yep. Tons of car accidents happen every day. Every time I get into a car, I am aware of that - painfully aware. I will be glad when self-driving cars are required by law. Millions of lives will be saved.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Yeah, who cares about getting shot up. It'll be fun! Just ask the kids at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High school.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Yeah, who cares about getting shot up. It'll be fun! Just ask the kids at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High school.

That doesn't make the dead folks mowed-by-vehicle any less important in this debate because, in both instances, 'mental case' is common denominator - ignore at your own peril.

OOps - did I say 'both'? - I meant 'every'.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

That doesn't make the dead folks mowed-by-vehicle any less important in this debate because, in both instances, 'mental case' is common denominator - ignore at your own peril.

Did I say they were less important? This thread is about the increase in school shootings, and the fear responses as a result of that increase.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 05:47 AM
link   

This thread is about the increase in school shootings, and the fear responses as a result of that increase.

This thread is about banning guns, it's me you're talking to, not some #in muppet, stop with the BS rhetoric, if you were really interested in school safety you would be looking at WHY kids go Call-of-Duty, not so much 'weapon of choice' they chose to carry out their mayhem.

Pardon the pun, but you are ignoring the ROOT causes of these incidents.

I repeat, for you, this thread is about voicing your displeasure to the point that all guns should be banned and anyone who disagrees is a mass shooter enabler.

'because maths symbol'

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 05:47 AM
link   

So people using math equations are to be considered potential threats.

Hmmmm.. the new era, the don't think tank.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 05:48 AM
link   

What part of "if we ban guns that are already out there, only law abiding citizens will give them up" do you not understand? If you compare the US with Germany, for example, it is a completely different thing when it comes to gun control.

The guns are out there and your´re only going to take them away from those who are willing law abiding citizens. It´s a historical thing. You know what Adolf Hitler did to surpress the remaining german resitance to his coup? Ban guns.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Also, all algebra teachers are closet-pirates because they are ALWAYS using us to find the X, I'm over their sh!t, seriously.

Algebra is the devils work... I mean, even the name is coined after some arab terrorist who wanted to rule the world. Doncha know !!

What a silly time it has become, from an age where kids could use bananas to pew pew bang your dead to others in fun at play time, or call them on their banana phones, to investigating square root symbols.

I think I have my tin foil hat on backwards..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join