It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some American smokers are supporting Terrorism

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   
6 million wayes to die, choose one

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   
awhile back, a story came out about Bush deciding that pot was the most dangerous drug, and he wanted to throw money into combatting that, thus diverting $$$ from those other, ****less dangerous drugs****
**** like ummm maybe those that use opium????
well, let's see, there was the iran-contra affair, oh ya, who was involved with that....Bush SR. Rumsfeild.....just who was involved in that again....I'll have to go look it up.
but, well, are you sure that I am supporting torrorists by smoking my HAND ROLLED CIGARETTES, I mean the packageing on the tobacco says it's made in India, and was bought at a local grocery store.....
I hand roll my own by the way, since I don't want to SUPPORT THE TERRORISTS, so I really do try to avoid paying taxes as much as legally possible......since, as Iran-Contra seems to prove, our government seems to not mind supporting terrorist groups and dumping drugs into the streets of our country if it fits into their current agenda!

[edit on 18-2-2005 by dawnstar]

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Bush hates pot because he can't corner the market.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey
Doing anything wrong is, at all times, a terrorist act supportive of terrorists!

Behave and do as you are told!

sure thats what they want you to believe, buying black or grey market is supporting terror, I see it another tool to go cashless society.

Originally posted by Zabilgy

Doing anything wrong is, at all times, a terrorist act supportive of terrorists!

Funny...I suppose the poster of this thread would believe that if I got in a cab and it was driven by someone from the Middle East (how unusual would that be), then I would be supporting terrorism somehow. Maybe we should all live in caves or under rocks!
[edit on 18-2-2005 by Zabilgy]

I know that poster was being sarcastic as was I. I was addressing my post to the Originator of the whole "thread."

If you where addressing me then why did you quote 'sminkeypinkey'?

And what I believe is that there are 3 independent reports to support my thread. what do you find so hard to believe.

[edit on 18/2/2005 by Sauron]

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 07:30 AM
link   
We had a very funny cop on tv one night a little while back, just before christmas.

He was interviewed on a news item advising people not to buy counterfeit goods from the various sunday 'flea-markets' (and boot-sales) that are around northern Ireland these days.
He said those doing so were probably being unwittingly supportive of the various terrorist groups, most now operating as something akin to a mafia-type organisation, we have here in NI.
He made particular mention about DVD movies and CD music.

All well and reasonable you might imagine.........and then he went on to add 'and don't be down-loading music or movies from the internet either'.

Now, far be it from me to endorse illegal activity (and in any event not all P2P activity is illegal) but given the choice of the 2 'evils' and bearing in mind the way the world actually is.....

..... what the hell is a cop in NI doing trying to equate downloading a bit of music or a movie with parting with your cash money and buying physical copies of the same from those fronting for the terorist groups?!

P2P is another debate but it strikes me that this 'control all' mentality is insane and practically setting up the very illegal markets 'they' claim to want to erradicate.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by spike
Here in Maryland, our treasurer has been saying this for years. This at the same time they keep raising the cigarette tax. You can't but a pack for under $5 in theis state. Anytime a price rise or exorbatant tax is placed on any product, an illicit black market will develop. This happened with alcohol, marajuana, pharmacuticals, cigarettes, CDs and DVDs. It is a strech however to say that a smoker is a terrorist supporter. Precisely because it IS a BLACK MARKET, the law enforcement does NOT KNOW who is collecting the cash.

Many reports have been written since 9/11 that openly state that many "discount cigarette" stores were found to give "donations" to groups that are direct supporters of terrorism.

Being overseas, we had very little amenities as you can imagine. One of the greatest gifts we could get from the locals were bootleg DVDs. They would come on base and sell 3 movies for 5 US dollars. Where did that money go? There was always the idea that they could be using the money to fund insurgents, but if that were the case, you would think that the military would not allow these vendors into the base to begin with.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   

If someone goes and buys a bag of pot from his dealer and that pot initially came from some Al-Queda cell and then passed through 10 hands before it reached the guy buying the $100 bag, is that pot head a terrorist supporter?

Give me a break!

He can be charged as one now...as absurd as that sounds, it is 100% true.

Not only can DNA evidence support courtroom testimony, but a database of marijuana DNA could be used to connect suppliers, distributors and users across the country, Coyle said.

Check out these links:
www.courttv.com...
stopthedrugwar.org...

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by TacOps Security
Being overseas, we had very little amenities as you can imagine. One of the greatest gifts we could get from the locals were bootleg DVDs. They would come on base and sell 3 movies for 5 US dollars. Where did that money go? There was always the idea that they could be using the money to fund insurgents, but if that were the case, you would think that the military would not allow these vendors into the base to begin with.

You would think, I don't know if they would check the money trail of dvd vendors, but I think that it is possible that your money was used to fund terror.

It just seems that everything 'blackmarket' is funding terror. You cannot control where money goes after it leaves your hands. Anyone doing buisness in the blackmarket could potentialy be connected in some way to a terrorist group.
They hand thier hads in alot of things, but not everything. I don't belive that it is as rampent in every market.
But for example the marijuana market here in Canada comes moslty from Canadian sorces, 'home grown' or large opps outdoors in the woods in the north and BC.
I can't say for sure where my money goes, but from the talk of our Government, Grow opps in Ontario is a billion dollar industry. There may links but I don't think it is going to change much no matter what you do. They will allways find a way to get funding.

[edit on 20-2-2005 by Halfofone]

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
What it basically comes down to is: Whomever doesn't want to just hand over a large sum of their income to the US gov. is a terrorist.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   
gee, how much TAX MONEY ended up in Bin Laden's or Saddam's hands in the form of weapons, and biological agents, ect....
One could assume that if one doesn't want to support terrorists, one shouldn't pay taxes to the US government, couldn't they???

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   

And what I believe is that there are 3 independent reports to support my thread. what do you find so hard to believe.

Sauron....I appreciate this opinion of yours from the original post. But, my opinion is your opinion stinks and I don't care how much info you have to back it up. I have common sense to back mine up!

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Halfofone

It just seems that everything 'blackmarket' is funding terror. You cannot control where money goes after it leaves your hands. Anyone doing buisness in the blackmarket could potentialy be connected in some way to a terrorist group.

There may links but I don't think it is going to change much no matter what you do. They will allways find a way to get funding.

[edit on 20-2-2005 by Halfofone]

I would think that there is a better chance that 'blackmarket' goods are funding organized crime or just lining someones pockets.

During the 9/11 hearings, I thought it was found that most terrorist financing was done through charities and other donations.

Could bootleg DVDs really support terror? Maybe the Mafia or the Triad..... I guess we may never know.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   

gee, how much TAX MONEY ended up in Bin Laden's or Saddam's hands in the form of weapons, and biological agents, ect....

Right on. Our own government is the largest supporter of terrorism. So give me a break....Calling someone a terrorist supporter because they buy black market cigarettes and have no idea who's making money off of them is just plain rude. On the other hand, our government knows quite well that a large quantity of our tax money ends up in the hands of terrorists. So who are the criminals? George Bush and Dick Cheney, 2 of the biggest scum bags to ever hold office. They are worse than the mafia.

[edit on 26-2-2005 by Zabilgy]

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Too true, God knows what loopy harmful ideas our money goes to support in so-called legitimate business too.

Anyone know about the beginings and intentions of Kelloggs and old man Kelloggs foundation?

Repressive sexual pervert ideas at work under the guise of honest Christian business people......go look them up and giggle every time you enjoy your cornflakes people!

(and give a thought for the lives these people were allowed to damage as they pressed on with their dumb pervy ideas)

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
Well, instead of lowering the taxes, why not just quit? God forbid that, huh?

Why should I? It's my decision to smoke. I'm an adult, and I should be able to choose which substances I put into my body. Explain to me why I should compromise that right.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   
This year I am, mostly, supporting Castro.

Rather Fidel than Phillip Morris

top topics

<< 1   >>

join