It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Has Been Asked By Archaeologists To Help Decipher Prehistoric Paintings

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

NASA doesn't speak. It is a conglomerate of people.

Some of those people have differing opinions.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I don't know, I've heard NASA's paintings of the Milky Way and various planets around the Galaxy are par none. If anyone could spot a fake, they probably could.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: brokenghost

I don't know, I've heard NASA's paintings of the Milky Way and various planets around the Galaxy are par none. If anyone could spot a fake, they probably could.

I think an archaeologist who deals with ancient art would be a better expert than NASA in:

(a) If the art is actually ancient or modern, and
(b) If determined to be actually ancient, then interpreting what the art represents.

I'm not sure now people at NASA would necessarily have more expertise in deternining if the art is ancient or (especially) an expertise at all in interpreting what the art represents.

NASA would need to understand the ancient culture who produced the art in porder to intertret what the art might represent. I think an arhaelogist would be more well equiped for that.

edit on 25/2/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

you mean you have not noticed that anytime a ufo is seen in space either by itself or near the ISS they are always able to try to to explain it away by saying it is either A-ice, B-junk, or C- a trick of light and shadows, or D- a combination of all three excuses, where have you been? Remember the Mars face controversy? I am still in the camp of thinking it is very possible this indeed was designed to be exactly what it appears to be, someones characterization of some type of astronaut or face possibly designed and done from some form of life that may have lived on Mars for a period of time before it lost its atmosphere. Many scientists now think that water could have been on Mars for maybe a billion years, which would possibly be long enough for intelligent life to have taken hold.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   
this is all continued conditioning...no citizen can confirm who or when did those drawings. another case where we are essentially forced to surrender intuition with compliance. academia is a like a cult, very easy to generate an orchestrated consensus. to me the key of this "find" is timing, why now, I'd say convenient in comparison to whats been unfolding.

my take on aliens/UFOs has changed a bit over the years. i was all about ET's from other worlds/places but im now pretty solid on most/all being government secret projects.

IMO to be straight forward, they are preparing us for an "alien invasion"...which is the last step of the NWO (look into it). we can see this alien indoctrination rapidly hitting media last 24 months or so.

UFOs are largely if not ALL military black projects. even the tops of government dont know about specific details.
the secret government project(s) include: very Advanced aircraft, very advanced weapons, abductions (seem like classic "alines" reall have been govt all along), "Alien Creatures" (AI beings created by govt), holograms (project blue beam) etc...all this tech will be so advanced it will be hard for us to comprehend.

in short...they will attack us and the world...we will basically be at govt mercy to save us...and after they save the "remaining population" we go into the New World Order.

not my idea, this is a well discussed final step of the NWO agenda, whenever it happens (kind of genius...they tell us space is "infinite/endless" so that means potential fake "alien threats" or "alien terrorists" can be ""infinite/endless" or appear when "needed").

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: clfun12345
to me the key of this "find" is timing, why now, I'd say convenient in comparison to whats been unfolding.

That's another thing about this, the paintings weren't found "now", this story is from 2014, and, apparently, the drawings/paintings were found in 2005.

Director of Archaeological Department trashes report of 10,000-year-old rock painting depicting aliens

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: data5091

UFO does not = Alien space ship.

They are not excuses, they are valid explanations. Or do you think that every one of these are alien spaceships whizzing about?

I remember the Mars face "controversy" and I also remember that when it was re-imaged it turned out not to be a face at all. I remember that because at the time I desperately wanted to believe that it was artificial but unfortunately it turned out not to be the case.

NASA is searching for life on other worlds and I am sure that if they find it they will be shouting it from the rooftops.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Clearly, 10,000 years ago these artists saw intricate textiles woven into complex clothing patterns.

Forget aliens. Lets say these were just other people.

These cave dwellers made contact with a highly complex society when we say there wasnt one.

The clothing the ones with halos wear resembles South American high priest garb.

You dont just hand weave fabric like you are making cordage. You need a loom and other tools.

I dont understand how these are fringe theories.

The eff else explains what we see all over the world?

The only possible solution is that there was a highly advanced civilization dying out about 10,000 years ago.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
The only possible solution is that there was a highly advanced civilization dying out about 10,000 years ago.

There's another possible solution: the drawings/paintings are not 10,000 years old.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: moebius

Or the drawings are simply depicting people wearing ritual costumes and masks.

The claim that they've "contacted NASA and ISRO to help solve the mystery" makes the whole thing look very much like a publicity stunt.

Laughable response.
The ole' "Ritual" blanket-explanation for anything form the past that is not understood.
Let's have the reasoning behind the design of those "Ritual" masks then, shall we?

Thought not.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
UFO does not = Alien space ship.

Every time somebody says this, I imagine them pushing their nerd glasses up their nose and giving a little SNORT.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Possibly true. I am assuming they can accurately date the material used to paint them.

If we cant do that much, I will just go with oral tradition.

Our gods were flesh and blood. They taught us how to live like them.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
a reply to: ArMaP

Possibly true. I am assuming they can accurately date the material used to paint them.

If we cant do that much, I will just go with oral tradition.

Our gods were flesh and blood. They taught us how to live like them.

Which oral tradition says this?

Harte

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: fromtheskydown

The claim that they've "contacted NASA and ISRO to help solve the mystery" makes the whole thing look very much like a publicity stunt.

Laughable response.
The ole' "Ritual" blanket-explanation for anything form the past that is not understood.
Let's have the reasoning behind the design of those "Ritual" masks then, shall we?

Thought not.

What do you know about the history of this region to dismiss a ritual costumes explanation?

What is so strange about the "design" of those masks?

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   
As an artist who graduated in the 1980s from a big ten University. I will add this: The paintings are gorgeous. The artists probably were recording/ documenting history. What they saw was an emotional significant event. Most art is created by looking at something real and then interpreting it with different materials to document it. It is very difficult to just make up something completely fictional. That would be called modern art. Even Van Gogh's wild colors represent something he really saw. Like it or not we are not alone in this vast universe. I took astronomy too from this Big ten prominent university in astronomy as my math requirement. The professor in the 1980s whipped out his calculator on the last day of class and illustrated how vastly large the number of possibility for other intelligent beings is. So, yes it is all real. You are real so why can everyone understand this?

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: frugal
The professor in the 1980s whipped out his calculator on the last day of class and illustrated how vastly large the number of possibility for other intelligent beings is. So, yes it is all real. You are real so why can everyone understand this?

Yes -- Science (and I bet practcally all scientists) agree that the vastness of the known universe means that intelligent life elsewhere in the universe is almost a certainty. Your astronomy professor might have been using a calculation similar to the "Drake Equation" devised by Astronomer Dr. Frank Drake (and others) in 1961 to help illustrate the potential number of civilizations that there could be just in our galaxy alone.

However, even though logic tells us that there are almost certainly other civilizations out there, that does not necessarily mean that they are (or have) visited Earth. Maybe they have, but it is not a guarantee, and there really is no hard evidence that alien visitation is a real thing.

Maybe interstallar space travel is so difficult that it would be unlikely that another civilization visited Earth. Maybe the next closest civilization is so far away that they haven't had the occassion to reach us. There are many reasons that while other ET civilizations do in fact extist that they have never visited Earth.

"Other civilizations in the universe" does not equal "Aliens visiting Earth".

edit on 27/2/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

The best thing about all art is the psychological imprint that is left in all works, it speaks more than a perspective.

And why cant it be the 90s? It was awesome.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: fromtheskydown

Laughable response.

Thought not.

What do you know about the history of this region to dismiss a ritual costumes explanation?

What is so strange about the "design" of those masks?

"Design". Yes. I am a designer and to "design" something requires impetus and a reason to communicate meaning and purpose. In my mind, a ritual usually applies to religious ceremony, a belief inspired by something or someone that elicits worship...and the ritual that goes with it.

I know absolutely nothing of any of the particular regions shown in the OP...but please, if you do, then I would appreciate your sharing of knowledge.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: fromtheskydown

People make art representations (for worship and otherwise) about lots of different things in nature.

Egyptian religeous art included anthropomorphic representations of hawks, owls, and dogs. The ancient Greeks included human-esque centaurs, minotaur, and satyrs. The ancient Greeks even had anthropomorphic representations of the forces of nature, which their art and culture manifested as the Olympic Gods: e.g., Zeus was lightening; Poseidon was water.

20th century fantasy art included robots and cyborg-people, probably because technology is part of the pop culture of the time. People today make art that includes representations of zombies.

If some archaeologist 10000 years from now were somehow watching the 1920s film "Metropolis", should they think that the robot from that film was a representation of aliens or a representation of the (very Earthly) industrial/machine age?

edit on 27/2/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People
a reply to: fromtheskydown

If some archaeologist 10000 years from now were somehow watching the 1920s film "Metropolis", should they think that the robot from that film was a representation of aliens or a representation of the (very Earthly) industrial/machine age?

I see your point. But context, my friend. If an archaeologist 10000 years from now saw only the film "Metropolis" and no other film or art from the time period, they may interpret it as a literal observation. But if they saw it in addition to maybe 10 other films of the 1920's, they'd know it was meant to be ficticious.

The OP lists examples of this cave painting phenomenon from all over the world at various points in history. And many of them, like the Legend Rock glyphs of Wyoming, also have depictions of other animals at the time that were easily observable like eagles and antelope. I don't think they would just splice in ficticious beings aside them. But that's just my opinion

edit on 27-2-2018 by AgarthaSeed because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join