It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IDAHO SAYS - State Residents Can Now Buy FREE MARKET Health Insurance!. Expected to Spread.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
February 17, 2018

Kudos to the state of Idaho! Finally, a state that is allowing its citizens to totally bypass those insanely expensive ObamaCare health insurance plans.

Last month the Republican leadership of Idaho pursued a very innovative approach to lowering health insurance premiums for young and health people: just blatantly violating the Affordable Care Act to let insurers discriminate against older and sicker people.

Earlier this month, in response to complaints about rising health insurance premiums and as an alternative to Medicaid expansion, [Gov. Bruce] Otter signed an executive order instructing his state insurance agency to let insurers issue individual policies that did not comply with ACA requirements for essential health benefits or nondiscrimination on the basis of age or preexisting conditions. Now it's official: Insurers can offer barebones policies that violate all sorts of Obamacare provisions, including price discrimination against sick people and caps on pay-outs.

Newly sworn-in Health and Human Services Secretary ALEX AZAR is sympathetic.

“I think what we are seeing here is a cry for help,” Azar said. “It’s saying that where we are right now with our individual market because of the structure we have is not serving enough of our citizens. There are too many Americans who simply cannot afford the insurance packages we have in our program because of the way the statute is designed and the way it has been implemented.”
SOURCE w/More: nymag.com...

I used the New York Magazine article as the source, because it's an extremely LIBERAL publication. Liberal publications think that Americans are not intelligent enough to choose what they want in life. It's argument against Idaho is a slap in the face to anyone who treasures freedom-of-choice.

Blue Cross has already put together new plans for sale in Idaho. By making Maternity coverage OPTIONAL (instead of mandatory for all), and enabling healthier people to receive lower "preferred" rates, the price of the new plans is significantly lower. Example: 50 Year Old on ObamaCare Blue Cross is $850 @ month. On the new Free-Market plans, the cost for a healthy person who doesn't want maternity is $350. Huge difference!

The Blue Cross ObamaCare plans will still be available in Idaho, unchanged. The ACA/ObamaCare mandates that every state maintains those. But for people who don't qualify for the government subsidy, or who don't have serious health problems, they can once again obtain high quality health insurance at a reasonable price.

Hopefully the Trump Administration (Alex Azar @ HHS) will continue to look the other way, thereby signaling to other states that they are free to enable their citizens to buy whatever health insurance they want to buy.

-CareWeMust
edit on 2/17/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
What if I don't want or need it.

My ilk aren't as suceptical as most to the genetic flaws as the masses.

Insurance is still a scam.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Let's thank rand paul for finding interstate insurance clause.

This will likely spread.

I think the mandate runs out this year.

edit on 17-2-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

This will likely spread.

Are you referring to the sale of insurance policies across state lines?

If so, there are many states that already allowed that. It turned out to be more expensive and the insurance companies abandoned the idea.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
What if I don't want or need it.

My ilk aren't as suceptical as most to the genetic flaws as the masses.

Insurance is still a scam.

Yeah, what if God is my insurance plan?

I pay my premiums to the Holy Father, so why should I be forced to pay premiums to earthly folks?

ACA is antithetical to the doctrine of freedom of religion.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Got any actual data on that claim? I would love to see how increased competition doesnt work on lowering prices.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

This will likely spread.

If so, there are many states that already allowed that. It turned out to be more expensive and the insurance companies abandoned the idea.

lol you mean it is turning out to be cheaper once we began to untie the web of obama.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Free market always lowers prices. The problem is that there will always be a group who won't benefit.

Insurance costs get inflated when they are forced to insure high risk individuals. There is no way around this fact. It would be like if your car insurance company had to insure drunk drivers. The only way they could do it financially is to pass the cost of the drunk drivers on to the non-drunks.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
In December of 2017 the Republican Congress passed the law which says that you do not have to have health insurance anymore. You will not be fined by the IRS for not purchasing it.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

That's right, when you file your 2018 tax return you will not have to indicate anything to Uncle Sam about your health insurance status.

That disgusting chapter in Obamacare history is now behind us.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

The association plans executive order signed by President Trump last fall will make buying across state lines invisible. Essentially You buy One health insurance plan and the premium is a blend of all the states that participate in that Association.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Now you can pay your premiums to the the Holy Father, or to Satan.. it doesn't matter. The federal government will not punish you for doing so.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   

This will likely spread.

lol you mean it is turning out to be cheaper once we began to untie the web of obama.

That's what the liberal MSM and most Democrats are against. They feel that every American should all be forced to buy everything the government tells them to buy for health insurance. They are so angry at president Trump for returning choice to Americans.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

You are exactly right. That's why Obamacare is being converted into a program for people who are lower income or sick.

If you are higher income and sick the government will not help pay for your health insurance.

But if you are lower income and sick.. or not sick, the government will pay for most of your monthly premium.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Got any actual data on that claim? I would love to see how increased competition doesnt work on lowering prices.

Sure. Keep in mind that it is much more complex than just increased competition.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

This will likely spread.

No. I am saying that it will not happen and that will be the choice of the insurance companies.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I think your head may just be in the sand.

You are claiming that something will not happen even as it is happening right before your very eyes.

It just happened in idaho and as stated the mandate is done.

I was never looking forward to dating a man anyhow.

It would be like me saying that elons rocket will never have a successful test launch.
edit on 17-2-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Jeff Sessions, the FBI or DEA will mess this up somehow. Maybe HHS will step up to the plate of the absurd.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

So we are going back to junk plans the bankrupt people because they dont cover much, have lifetime caps, and can drop you if you get sick?

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I have news for you. It happened long ago. About 15 years ago I bought a plan from Tennessee as Florida resident. Gave it up real quick because it basically covered nothing. Watch out for that fine print and rely on the word of sales people at your own risk.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join