It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Police Spot Suspects With Surveillance Sunglasses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 12:34 AM
link   
WTF?! Im ready for my close-up Mr. Orwell

how fool-proof is this tech? are there false positives? would they ever admit less than 100% effectiveness?

Police in China have begun using sunglasses equipped with facial recognition technology to identify suspected criminals. The glasses are connected to an internal database of suspects, meaning officers can quickly scan crowds while looking for fugitives. But critics fear the technology will give even more power to the government. The sunglasses have already helped police capture seven suspects, according to Chinese state media. Police used the new equipment at a busy train station in the central city of Zhengzhou to identify the suspects. The seven people who were apprehended are accused of crimes ranging from hit-and-runs to human trafficking.

Privacy is in effect over. Technology has made it impossible. This is just the beginning. soon they will come out with full spectrum 360 degree scanning and you will be able to search reality like google in real-time.

The technology allows police officers to take a photograph of a suspicious individual and then compare it to pictures stored in an internal database. If there is a match, information such as the person's name and address will then be sent to the officer. But there are fears that China's authoritarian leaders will use the sunglasses to track political dissidents or profile ethnic minorities. China is a world leader in facial recognition technology and regularly reminds its citizens that such equipment will make it almost impossible to evade the authorities.

all china need do is get override access to wireless security camera systems and they can have a nationwide net of facial recognition and tracking in real time. The ultimate orwellian wet-dream.

The country has been building what it calls "the world's biggest camera surveillance network". An estimated 170 million CCTV cameras are already in place and some 400 million new ones are expected be installed in the next three years. Many of the cameras use artificial intelligence, including facial recognition technology.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

I guess you had better hope your doppelganger is not a fugitive...

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

they can catch some of mes. but theyll never get all of mes.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 12:49 AM
link   

you would be harder to find if you lost weight and stopped yelling...

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 12:51 AM
link   

these lead based man-supplements are heavy dude.
almost makes you want to yell!

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: dashen

they can catch some of mes. but theyll never get all of mes.

HE NEEDS FRANKS HELP, FRANK!!!

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

you would be harder to find if you lost weight and stopped yelling...

Ahahha....

But then he would stand out even more against the rest of the US...

*runs away from the angry mob*

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 01:40 AM
link   

how fool-proof is this tech? are there false positives? would they ever admit less than 100% effectiveness?

Who cares? If the facial recognition software 'flags' you, you're fkd.
Turn around , put your hands behind your back, detained in jail until you get a hearing. By then, due to backlog from all the false positives, that could take years.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I guess its burkas or ninja masks for me then.
No telling how many shady people I resemble

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Lol, are you fishing for 'suspects' ?

Defeating FR is easy.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 02:49 AM
link   
'Facial recognition' in China.
I'm sure there won't be any false identifications.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Your picture is missing an Out Of Order sign on the cameras in America.

Most don't work and they are too broke in most places, financially, to do anything about it.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 04:03 AM
link   

She's cute.

The cops patrol here, just yesterday they had some kid crapping his pants at the market I frequent.

The old fashioned way, "Papers!"

They looked at me and I just smiled. Not their profile I guess.

I know they been looking for someone the past few months.

Whomever it is, I hope they get em.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
'Facial recognition' in China.
I'm sure there won't be any false identifications.

Contrary to popular belief, they don't all look the same. lol!

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Coming to a land near you very soon. And they were only SUSPECTS not known criminals.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Robocop was popular in China....

edit on 2 8 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I've seen these around Guangzhou already mostly around the train station and major subway hubs.

China already has more cameras than everywhere else in the world so this isn't unexpected.

Many of the younger female police are cute to gorgeous. Even the female security guards and checkpoint staff are becoming more beautiful. Maybe it's a ploy...

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
I've seen these around Guangzhou already mostly around the train station and major subway hubs.

China already has more cameras than everywhere else in the world so this isn't unexpected.

Many of the younger female police are cute to gorgeous. Even the female security guards and checkpoint staff are becoming more beautiful. Maybe it's a ploy...

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 05:36 AM
link   
CCTV is the UK is a bit of a myth. The vast majority of CCTV are in shops, car-parks and other places e.g. My neighbour has CCTV at her paddock. They are not joined together in some Orwellian police state surveillance process, nor do the authorities have guarantee of access.

China does have a deeply rooted and comprehensive surveillance and police state apparatus. Deeply worrying, but it's the only was the Chinese dictatorship can keep control.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Yes the CCP knows what happens when people lose jobs or go hungry in China...

On the flip side violent crime is very low here in the Middle Kingdom.

On the other flip side Great Firewall requires a VPN to circumvent...

top topics

join