It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm worried to death....that rockets do not leave exhaust trails anymore

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Man ....I didn't see any billowing on the back end of that smokewagon Space X launched just now......So I'm just going to stop breathing......till someone explains to me...

Am I wrong to want my old paradigm back? you know the good old days

hurry and settle my tears...I want my world back.....( I'm starting to turn blue! )

What is your opinion of this......I'm curious

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   

First world problems.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Not sure what your talking about from my point of view there was a trail all the way up to the cloud it punched through. Again from my perspective in the backyard

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Different fuels. these are not kerosene.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
the video of the launch.....didn't seem to be trailin

I'm looking for latent heat of vaporization signs........LOX and kerosene burnin hot.....at some level goin up....maybe the 800 milibar range.....fancy talk for 8000 feet up AGL.....hehe......the 800 milibar chart shoulda had some condensation nucleii.....fancy talk for ability to form a contrail......Oh I had to take a breath there when I said that.....
edit on 7-2-2018 by GBP/JPY because: condensation nucleii

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Imagine if the government program that was designed to launch rockets with nuclear detonations had been successful.

ETA:

Project Orion.
edit on 7-2-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

First world problems.

hehe

Is this a global incident though......affecting the world, all of us....if we have a paradigm turned enigma.....will we have to dodge flying magma....hehe.....Austin Powers

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

At about the 2:36 mark, it sure does look like it did. Almost as if when it got to the proper altitude, the trail started to form. Mind=blown.

You could ask A PILOT to explain how contrails work. or are you looking for ......chemtrailz?
edit on 7-2-2018 by network dude because: chemtrailz are out to get muh.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   
The spacex rockets use liquid fuel only.

The old rockets you're used to used solid fuel boosters- lots of thrust, but once they're lit they burn until they're out of fuel. Very dirty, but very powerful.

These boosters use two liquids that when mixed spontaneously combust- which is how they can turn them off, and then later re-light them for landing.

I'm sure you could look them up and see what the fuels are, then see what they byproducts of them burning are- but it certainly wont be the thick heavy smoke you get from burning solid fuel.

Fun fact!
the cost of the fuel for those spacex launches account for something like .3% of the cost of getting a launch into orbit- less than a half of a percent!

I still wonder how bad it is for the environment, but cost-wise reusing the boosters is an a++ idea.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

spaceX has such efficient burning of the fuel and oxidiser that that there is no smoke to be had. its just water coming out.

im sure it has to do with the weather and Rh if you see a trail or not.

Apollo used O2 and kerosene as fuels and used a flow of kerosene to help cool the nozzles that's why there is much more prominent smoke trail, they were burning carbon based stuff.

look at the shuttles MAIN 3 engine, you never see smoke on them

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Atmospheric resonances

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
So maybe Gemini and Apollo didn't trail all the way up.....I was going from memory...

Apollo smoked I betcha...all the way up but idk

I'm a pilot....USAF...stuff like that....hehe, that's where latent heat of vaporization and condensation nucleii come from.....Dallas' famed Mountain View Junior College of airplane knowledge.....had a Piper Cherokee in the hallway....true story

edit on 7-2-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-2-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
So maybe Gemini andApollo didn't trail all the way up.....I was going from memory...

I'm a pilot....USAF...stuff like that

I'm a multi billionaire who masquerades as a poor guy. Keeps the deadbeats from asking for a dollar.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Yep, I'm old....I'm old hehe

hey you...with the substantial member....hehe

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   

I'm Batman!

Friends with Superman, Wonder Woman's lover

Stuff like that

Firstly, why would it worry you?

secondly, worry you to death?

Have you gone to see someone, get your blood pressure checked?

Actually thinking about it,

I am freaked out that some farts don't make a noise.

Those are the deadly ones.

Inhales, fact of the day. Brought to you by exhaling what was inhaled

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

So maybe Gemini andApollo didn't trail all the way up.....I was going from memory...

I'm a multi billionaire who masquerades as a poor guy. Keeps the deadbeats from asking for a dollar.
did you go into space and meet aliens..nvm that classified

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I live in south Florida and watched the launch yesterday with my naked eyes and there was a very big distinct trail from horizon to as far as the eyes could see. Maybe its just how it looks in the video. I watch many launches each year and there is always a trail. Hope that helped

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: anotherside

originally posted by: network dude

did you go into space and meet aliens..nvm that classified

did you say meet, or eat? no, I didn't meet them........

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: 772STiyep

I checked an Apollo video....not much trail like the solid boosters of the shuttles so...yes

ok thank ya bunch....no I wasn't obsessing just entertaining with a thread...some are wound up too tight I gather

you guys keep your outlook lite...God is good all the time

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
That Dallas Mountain View Junior College....the one with the full size actual low wing Piper Cherokee in the middle.....had to walk around it with Bridget DeGarmo from Irving,...middle of the hallway...700 horse Lycoming turboprop....with Inertial Separators. .did you know Dallas has a view of the mountains...?........true story, someone named it Mountain View....in.....Dallas
edit on 7-2-2018 by GBP/JPY because: Piper dad gum Cherokee

top topics

<<   2 >>

join