It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump wants military parade in Washington

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
So....if they put this farce on....will Trump dress up in a military style jacket, with full ribbon and medal regalia?

I don't know, what do you think?

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I think Trump with full regalia, holding a MacArther pipe in the corner of his mouth, would be the most amazing photo ever.

If we ever go to war with Lil Kimmie, it would make a fantastic propaganda poster.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I think Trump with full regalia, holding a MacArther pipe in the corner of his mouth, would be the most amazing photo ever.

If we ever go to war with Lil Kimmie, it would make a fantastic propaganda poster.

Lol maybe...

I think Rocket man is feeling the pain like he never felt before with sanctions from China and further ones from us. There comes a point of a coup if he doesn't play it right.

You know what would be the biggest propaganda poster of all time is if the Winter Olympics is the start of the end of the Korean war and by 2019 the DMZ was no more without a single shot fired.

Your image above of Trump would be fitting then...

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

For the people of North Korea, I want nothing more than for this to happen.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
If the aim really were to honour your vets...would it not be better to improve the conditions of their lives, instead. It sure looks like he wants to flaunt his big button at the expense of the troops.

In what way do you suggest? We know there is work to be done with the whole VA hospital aspect, but outside of that they got it pretty good.

Well, I was thinking homeless vets, as I've been given to understand this is a problem. Thanks for asking. Glad to hear the VA is A-OK!

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

The bad part is that is all they know and would fight to the death to keep their sad life...

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

So....if they put this farce on....will Trump dress up in a military style jacket, with full ribbon and medal regalia?

Sure hope so!!!
(artist's conception)

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

The bad part is that is all they know and would fight to the death to keep their sad life...

Is that what we call "politics" here in the US?

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Well, I was thinking homeless vets, as I've been given to understand this is a problem. Thanks for asking. Glad to hear the VA is A-OK!

No, VA has problems, but I have received great service there many of times, so I'm not sure if it is local of systemic thing mostly. As to homeless that is a big problem period. Most long term homeless are that way due to mental issues so I do not think we as a country know how to fix that whether the homeless is a vet or not.

edit on 8-2-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Is that what we call "politics" here in the US?

For many it is, but then we are not trying to live on 200 calories per day. It is funny how people worry and fight over things they have zero influence in and what has zero influence in their lives too.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

As to homeless that is a big problem period. Most long term homeless are that way due to mental issues so I do not think we as a country know how to fix that whether the homeless is a vet or not.

I know the PTSD issue is big with our vets, too. That's where 'spare' cash ought to be going...not for bread & circuses, IMHO.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I know the PTSD issue is big with our vets, too. That's where 'spare' cash ought to be going...not for bread & circuses, IMHO.

That is cared for as anything else that is medical, so I'm not sure what you mean by putting more into it would make it better. As example I have pain in my knee, I called for an appointment and in less than 2 weeks I see a doctor, free, I get a MRI the next week, free. Less than a week later I have my second free doc visit and they see I have a lot of floating partials that should be removed. They schedule me for my free operation at the end of this month that will be performed by a civilian non-VA surgeon that has a very successful practice here. I will then follow up with free doctor visits and physical therapy.

I'm not sure your Canadian medical can do as good...lol

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   

That is cared for as anything else that is medical, so I'm not sure what you mean by putting more into it would make it better. I'm not sure your Canadian medical can do as good...lol

My suggestion is that PTSD would appear to be the source of much of the mental illness that you cite as being a factor in homelessness among vets. And that would be a better way of spending the Pentagon's spare change...more so than a parade.
As to the Canadian health care system, that's a topic for another thread. Suffice to say, I don't know anybody up here that wants to swap for yours.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Let's have another gay pride parade.

What's that cost?

Get them pussy hats in there too.

CARNIVAL!!!

but not the military?

Aren't they beingpaid already to go anywhere?

Saving money on ammo, right? ''

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   

For me, a fiscal conservative not exactly in favor of a standing army to begin with, i just see it as needless waste of government employees whose need is questionable to begin with.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Although I still support trump and cling to the absurd idea he just might be outside the major conspirital agendas, this parade, depending on where the troops come from and how many march, I would usually wonder if it is to take resources away from a certain area for an upcoming disaster.

Just like on 9-11 when that region of the country had its military air traffic controllers playing war games where planes supposedly flew into buildings obviously as a method to stall any quick response to neutralize the threats. Similarly, it would take 24 hours to get troops moved back to where they were liquidated out of making a major first response effort crippled and ensuring maximum damage.

I don't buy the North Korea story one bit and Russia and China are some of the last people anyone's gonna convince me are my enemies. We all love each other. I do, however, believe if we are nuked anytime in the next decade that half a century later everyone (else) will learn we were never nuked by any country than the United States or Israel working under US command. 24 hours before a major military rescue effort would ensure that anyone for five to six miles from the blast were exterminated without a chance of survival.

(Fun fact...well, NOT-so fun fact: if you ever survive a nuclear blast you will be absolutely parched. However do not drink anything for 12 hours or so. Thousands and thousands of people died when neighbors moved in answering the cries for water after Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Everyone handed a glass of water by responders took a sip and keeled over dead and at the streams and rivers, bodies piled up along the shore and nearly dammed the water since everyone who scooped up a sip of water took it the fell forward into it, dead. It is just a guess scientists have offered I believe, no definitive answer why this was so but I think if I remember correctly they say the most likely explanation is that these people were all just one step from dead but their adrenaline and heart rate was pumped up incredibly high by the physical symptoms of the discomfort caused by such longing thirst. When they drank water, it alleviated their discomfort, allowed them to breathe ::phew!::, and caused their heart rate and metabolism to fall to normal levels again but after radiation poisoning they needed that discomfort keeping them in a state of accelerated bodily functioning.)

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Does the federal gov, pay for gay pride parades? a serious question, I would assume not?

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Why does Trump want this?

Because he wants to respect our military? No.
Because he wants to honor the history of our military service people? No.

Because he saw the NK parade.. and then the French parade.. and wants to one-up them all to show off how powerful our military is? Yea...

Pointless.. stupid.. chest-thumping. And the people who support it.. are of the same mindset. "We bad.. don't screw with us!!" How ridiculous. If you have the power.. you don't need to flaunt it. Unless you are an insecure, braggart, egomaniac.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

Right on the money.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

I find it ironic how the left view military parades as something evil to be feared... Yet at the same time these same people can't even understand that the U.S. is not a democracy... A democracy is mob rule, where 51% of the population can take away the rights of the other 49% of the population. Similar to how democrats under the Obama regime have been working over time to take away the rights of the "silent majority".

Now we even have left-wing media, and other left-wing overlord wannabes not only wanting to oppress the dissenting view of anyone who dares not kowtow to left-wing ideology, but they are to this day working on such oppression of anyone who disagrees with the left meanwhile they keep calling President Trump a tyrant... We have seen left-wing giants like Google, Yahoo, Facebook, etc, etc, suppress conservative voices under the banner of "stopping right-wing extremism"...

We saw the SPLC brand people like Ron Paul, Judge Andrew Napolitano and others as "rightwing extremists" for daring to critique any of Obama's policies. Obama's DOJ even stated that SPLC had been helping the Obama administration fight "extremism", when even SPLC has stated that they don't label people as "extremists" based on calls for violence but rather just for political ideology that does not align with left-wing ideology.

We saw obama's DHS label Americans who lean to the right in politics, Americans who want the 2nd amendment defended, Americans who fear Communism, returning veterans, Americans who dared disagree with any of Obama's policies, and Americans who dare not like a One World Government being labeled as "rightwing extremists/possible terrorists".

The left is unable to see that the only tyrants are the left, and all of these attempts among others to try to suppress people for having a different opinion... To the point that the left even wanted to label President Trump as "mentally unstable" for not having beliefs that align with left-wing ideology.

You are part of the left and you want to see a tyrant? LOOK IN A MIRROR.

A military parade in a nation like the U.S. is made to celebrate our military service personnel, and the sacrifices that so many have made which for so long have been ignored. It is a known fact that Obama hated our own military, and our own military for the most part did not like Obama. Just like Obama bashed at police officers quite frequently.

edit on 9-2-2018 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join