It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump wants military parade in Washington

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: DoubleDNH

Well it should be up to you guys at the end of the day.
You shouldn't be ordered to attend the Parade over precious time with your family.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 06:07 AM
link   
This whole 'to honor the military' is such a BS rationalization. Trump doesn't honor jack. He has disrespected just about every entity there is. This is all about the yuge Trump ego. Nothing else. And if you believe otherwise you are most certainly an idiot. If he REALLY wanted to 'honor the military' how about taking the absurd amount of money this boondoggle is going to cost and take care of homeless veterans? Or help clean up the mess at the VA? Or help vets get the healthcare they need and can't get? I just can't believe so many people are buying into this crock.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

What a egotesticle , he just wants to compete in a pissing contest with Kim

it's so obvious

hey lets organise a global humanity parade on the same day and we will parade our own weapons (our minds) on the street as a counter parade !

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

This is from my OP

Sorry Donald, the French celebrate a day that saw the general populace overthrow their Royal overlords. When you get rid of the Deep State maybe then you''ll have a cause for a celebration.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Better to have a parade than have all those troops all around the world, bring them all home, then we can have a parade celebrating their return and the money we are now saving. All we really need are a couple dozen subs armed with small tactical nukes, and as Ron Paul said nobody will ever touch America.
edit on 8-2-2018 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

that's a great idea! we can wear cadet bone spurs tee-shirts! LOLOLOLOL

tho, I think this parade farce won't happen, from what i'm reading a LOT of republican politicians are against it.

I agree with others, the money that would be spent should go to veterans.

I just found a shop that sells cadet bone spurs tee-shirts. lol I might get one!

edit on 8-2-2018 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-2-2018 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

how likely would a global humanity parade be to co-ordinate , as an opposition to an arms parade ?

not to show our armed strength but our unity !

that includes the military members as well as we are all in this boat together !

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

in this day and age I think it would be easy!

a global humanity parade - great idea! yep, and it could include military, as well.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   
As thought, this would strike a chord with some feeling/are sensitive.

Am indifferent about this. Sure it’s unnecessary or to parade, but there’s parades in local towns every year.

Nothing to cry about. I agree and lean more on if anything it’s a nod to those in service and proud of them.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluemooone2
Lets see.....Russia does this , NK does this......I don't think we ever have. Not a great Idea.

Stop.

We can parade or be proud anytime. Who cares what country does this or that.

We can parade and be proud everyday if we choose.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Imhere

There is a BIG difference between a local parade with floats, dancers, performers, and musicians compared to a military parade. Military parades send international statements to foreign entities for one.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek
Of course Cadet Bone Spurs wants a military parade in his honor, he was too much of a coward to go to the Nam', so this will bolster his weak self image.

We may as well have one, we're just a few cowards away from being like any other 3rd world ****hole with this orange pustule & his moronic minions in power.

K~

Don’t watch the parade or celebrate.

It’s clear, you want to curl in a ball and whine about it.

Are you charging cover at this super awesome whine fest party? “Parades boo parades”

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

There is a BIG difference between a local parade with floats, dancers, performers, and musicians compared to a military parade. Military parades send international statements to foreign entities for one.

What issue do you really have?

We made a statement decades ago. We have holidays and celebrate. We are very proud. It’s not a secret.

We can have emmys, oscars and the Kardashian’s parade’n all over the media and internets to see but god forbid we have a parade.

As I stated, I was indifferent about it. But more I see the out lash and cries, the more I’m for it.

Quite telling.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Because, as a veteran, I feel like it is a huge abuse of the military and is being done for no reasons whatsoever. Traditionally, we'd hold these parades when we just won a major war. We haven't won any major wars lately though. In fact we are still fighting the ones we started almost 2 decades ago. The military has better things to be doing than soothing President Thin Skin's ego.

We can have emmys, oscars and the Kardashian’s parade’n all over the media and internets to see but god forbid we have a parade.

Do you not understand the difference between pop culture fluff celebrations versus a military parade where we show off our supply of tools of death and destruction? Do you not know what symbolism is?

Quite telling.

Yes it shows that you support things to troll versus because it is actually important to you.
edit on 8-2-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Because, as a veteran, I feel like it is a huge abuse of the military and is being done for no reasons whatsoever. Traditionally, we'd hold these parades when we just won a major war. We haven't won any major wars lately though. In fact we are still fighting the ones we started almost 2 decades ago.

Do you not understand the difference between pop culture fluff celebrations versus a military parade where we show off our supply of tools of death and destruction? Do you not know what symbolism is?

Quite telling.

Yes it shows that you support things to troll versus because it is actually important to you.

I understand. And it’s clear you don’t care for it.

That’s your personal veteran opinion. There’s others. I grew up with veterans and am a history buff.

I had family and friends in world wars. From Guadalcanal to Europe. My great, great grandfather had medals from the first allied victory in WW1 against the Austrian-Hungarian empire etc.

I wouldn’t be surprised if some of them would be indifferent about the parade, but I’m sure they wouldn’t spit at it either if there was one.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   

"Speak softly, and carry a big stick."
-"Teddy" Roosevelt.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I think the most insane part is that he wants to emulate France with his display (or, so he stated).

For what its worth, i still don't give a damn what France thinks. I remember when most of Trumps base thought the same.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

"Speak softly, and carry a big stick."
-"Teddy" Roosevelt.

Nice try.

The military has better things to be doing than soothing President Thin Skin's ego.

The outlash and cries is clear. You say trolling yet you seem to jump against it because, Trump.

For the rest of us, I’ll buy a beer and cheers any day, anytime, honoring our military and history. From Medal of Honor to those have fallen.

Certainly not going to kick and scream about a parade. Celebrate it or move on.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Imhere

originally posted by: aethertek
Of course Cadet Bone Spurs wants a military parade in his honor, he was too much of a coward to go to the Nam', so this will bolster his weak self image.

We may as well have one, we're just a few cowards away from being like any other 3rd world ****hole with this orange pustule & his moronic minions in power.
K~

Don’t watch the parade or celebrate.
It’s clear, you want to curl in a ball and whine about it.
Are you charging cover at this super awesome whine fest party? “Parades boo parades”

Since when is it whining to express a dissenting opinion? You know...freedom of speech and all that?
edit on 8-2-2018 by JohnnyCanuck because: yup!

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

He already passed an act for VA reform. With the aid he is cutting the Middle Eastern Countries and others it is easily affordable and would go far to boost the morale of the US military.

Amazing how you all want to talk about the size of his hands....

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join