It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump wants military parade in Washington

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: JAY1980
Some people will see this as saber rattling.
Others see it as honoring our veterans.
I tend to agree with the latter.
I doubt it will be like Russia or NK with icbm's paraded down time square.
Get a grip leftists...
Try and show some honor and respect for once...

If the aim really were to honour your vets...would it not be better to improve the conditions of their lives, instead. It sure looks like he wants to flaunt his big button at the expense of the troops.

It's really about the big button.

The vets would love it.

But you want to focus on what past admins have not addressed.

Separate issue.

Keep the flow of syrup...

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

So i am guessing you are going to say the same thing of other parades?... like for example the "Gay pride Parades"...

What about every other parade that occurs throughout the year in the U.S.?... Or do you just leave those labels for military parade which apparenlty you seem to hate like so many other left-wingers have shown... Similar to how the leftwing teacher kept bashing our military and calling them pretty much what you want to claim in your argument about anyone who dares not agree with your left-wing righteous view...

edit on 9-2-2018 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Obviously you haven't been paying attention. For example, President Trump asked for a bill that would get rid of anyone working in the veteran administration that would abuse our veterans, or not treat them with respect.

Apart from that he alongside Republicans have been drafting bills to help our veterans and all our military personnel and police officers.

Trump Signs Bill to Extend Veterans Choice Program

Trump signs bills to help police officers, veterans

By MAGGIE HABERMAN and NICHOLAS FANDOSJUNE 23, 2017

WASHINGTON — President Trump signed a bill into law on Friday that will make it easier for the Department of Veterans Affairs to remove bad employees and promote whistle-blowing.

It is the first step toward fulfilling a campaign pledge by Mr. Trump to make sweeping changes at the beleaguered agency.

The long-sought legislation, called the Accountability and Whistleblower Protection Act, passed Congress by wide margins this month with strong support from both parties. David Shulkin, a hospital management expert and the secretary of veteran affairs, has said the law will make it easier for him to purge problematic workers and restore public trust at an agency still plagued by a 2014 scandal over manipulating patient wait times.

Trump Signs Bill Meant to Restore Trust in V.A.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

So General Bone Spurs wanna have a parade, to honor himself no doubt and not the military, wanna honor the military general Bone spurs???..use those tax payer millions to help homeless vets.
edit on 9-2-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Well..if the damned NWO euroslobs hate this than sounds better all the time.OMG..Their going to have a military parade!All for Trump' s ego!!
Lmao at a bunch of leftwing garbarge.Your lucky we don't launch at you...yet.

edit on CSTFriam5461 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Xtrozero

Yeah those living salaries that qualify for welfare benefits from time-to-time are definitely an example of having it pretty good.
Military families turn to food stamps

From 2000 to 22000 out of 1.2 million active duty and your going to claim they need food stamps? Many of the people that apply for food stamps have received article 15s or been demoted for their actions. In the military failure to follow rules means no pay. At any given time up to be .2 percent of active duty is dealing with a loss of pay. If the military personnel has a family his actions can be disastrous for his family. On more then one occasion I had family asking me for proof of lost wages to apply for public assistance. Your average military personnel all ready gets money for dependents to cover housing and yes food.

Usually you need to be e4 before you can move off post. There monthly pay is from 2000.00 to 2500.00 a month. Then you add BAH for 800.00 (increases with rank) then you can make additional money for example I was airborne so I received an additional 250.00 a month. You can also get separate rations an additional 400.00a month. So families can do quite well since an e4 can easily bring home at least 35000 a year. Of course the higher the rank the more money people get confused by base pay only people who just entered received only base pay.
w
edit on 2/9/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluemooone2
Lets see.....Russia does this , NK does this......I don't think we ever have. Not a great Idea.

France does it for Bastille day, Greece does it for their Independence Day and WW2 commemorations, Russia does it for the end of WW2.

America has plenty of reasons to do it as well.
Victory in WW2.

America has regular military fly overs at sporting events.
There’s been regular home coming stuff going on since 2001 for returning veterans at everything from pre schools with soldiers surprising their kids to soldiers surprising their siblings at graduations.

The real issue here is obvious.
It’s the dislike, the hatred of Trump.
People are against it because it’s suggested by Trump.
It’s not what’s being suggested but who is suggesting it.

Good on Trump for doing this and I hope it goes ahead every year. It will be a huge success as the silent majority who voted Trump in will come out in support of their country and their military.
I can see it happening on the 4th of July.

There’s nothing wrong with patriotism. You Americans need more of it, to wash away the filth of the Sorros and Clinton’s and Obama’s.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Obviously you haven't been paying attention.

Actually, I do...
Navy SEAL Who Killed Bin Laden Calls Trump's Parade Plan 'Third World Bulls**t'
Edit to state that I'm glad to hear how everything is just tickety-boo for American vets, and they don't need the dough...my mistake.
edit on 9-2-2018 by JohnnyCanuck because: yes ma'am.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
a reply to: DoubleDNH

Well it should be up to you guys at the end of the day.
You shouldn't be ordered to attend the Parade over precious time with your family.

Anyone who has served knows that not how it will happen. I will break it down for those who have not served.

The unit commander will send out an email to his command. The email will ask for volunteers. The same few who love it will immediately volunteer with drool coming out of their mouths.

There will be a second email HIGHLY suggesting that people do it. This will draw in another few people who have catholic guilt issues.

Then the third attempt will go after single military members because they do not have families to worry about.

Finally, the rest of the "volunteers" will be selected from the remaining troops and told to get ready to attend.

People seem to think this will be a commitment of a couple hours of their lives. Who cares about a few hours right? Wrong! How many troops do you think are in the DC metro area? How many pieces of military hardware are in the DC metro area? This will involve shipping hundreds of tons of heavy equipment hundreds of miles; this will involve sending hundreds of troops TDY for a few days away from their families... this will involve heavy transport of equipment on rail, in truck convoys, through the air, etc... do you think they will just fedex Abrams tanks to DC for the parade? They will all have to be accompanied by troops, who are being taken away from their families for this parade...

All to march in a parade that is supposedly designed to honor themselves... its asinine!

If you want to honor your troops, how about we get civilians who have never served to dress up in tuxedos and suits to march in honor of their troops? See how comfortable that is for you.

I don't care who is in the oval office, this is a stupid idea. I posted the question to a group of veterans I belong to on FB and the consensus is virtually unanimous against this idea. The only dissenting opinion was an old timer who was sad that a lot of traditions have been eliminated.. Dining Ins... Dining Outs.. hell, you have to drag people kicking and screaming to attend a 1 hour change of command ceremony!

DD
edit on 9-2-2018 by DoubleDNH because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: mortex

originally posted by: bluemooone2
Lets see.....Russia does this , NK does this......I don't think we ever have. Not a great Idea.

France does it for Bastille day, Greece does it for their Independence Day and WW2 commemorations, Russia does it for the end of WW2.

America has plenty of reasons to do it as well.
Victory in WW2.

America has regular military fly overs at sporting events.
There’s been regular home coming stuff going on since 2001 for returning veterans at everything from pre schools with soldiers surprising their kids to soldiers surprising their siblings at graduations.

The real issue here is obvious.
It’s the dislike, the hatred of Trump.
People are against it because it’s suggested by Trump.
It’s not what’s being suggested but who is suggesting it.

Good on Trump for doing this and I hope it goes ahead every year. It will be a huge success as the silent majority who voted Trump in will come out in support of their country and their military.
I can see it happening on the 4th of July.

There’s nothing wrong with patriotism. You Americans need more of it, to wash away the filth of the Sorros and Clinton’s and Obama’s.

See my post above this one. How about we have civilians dress up in tuxedos to march in support of their troops. Forcing someone to march in honor of themselves is absolutely backwards! ESPECIALLY if you do this on a national holiday where they would normally get the day off...

My opinion on this matter has ZERO to do with politics... if Obama suggested this, I would say the exact same thing!

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   
US forces in Syria illegally have just attacked Syrian forces and are picking fights all over the world you may as well have the big parade something usually reserved for despots running banana republics because thats what you now are,

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   
The military parades during the inauguration ceremonies.
The military marches in Veteran's Day parades.
The military marches in Memorial Day parades.
The veteran biker groups parade endlessly.

This is not a big deal.

To claim it is 3rd world mentality is hyperbolic.

It's really not a big deal. Take a deep breath people and relax.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

There is a big difference between a few troops marching in a parade and bringing in heavy equipment and hardware for a full military parade! The logistics behind it are overwhelming to even think about. How many tanks do you think are in the DC metro area? How many howitzers are there in DC? They all have to be shipped in, accompanies by troops, who will be away from family for multiple days to supposedly honor themselves... do you think they will Fedex Abrams tanks in to the area?

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: DoubleDNH

There is a big difference between a few troops marching in a parade and bringing in heavy equipment and hardware for a full military parade! The logistics behind it are overwhelming to even think about. How many tanks do you think are in the DC metro area? How many howitzers are there in DC? They all have to be shipped in, accompanies by troops, who will be away from family for multiple days to supposedly honor themselves... do you think they will Fedex Abrams tanks in to the area?

You're right. The military has no experience in logistics and moving heavy equipment anywhere.

I take back what I said earlier and think that now is the time to collectively crap our pants and panic.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
a reply to: fleabit

So i am guessing you are going to say the same thing of other parades?... like for example the "Gay pride Parades"...

I think some other parades are also pointless. Many are paid for by sponsors however.. not from taxpayers money. But the point I was making wasn't about money (although that's a problem with it), but rather the reason for the thing. It's not about honoring those in the military, or anything other than Trump's ego. That is the -only- impetus for this thing.

And that's a poor reason to host a parade. But whatever.. Trump supporters will deflect as usual, away from Trump, and try to suggest it's a brilliant idea, and heck.. we should have a parade every year to show off our military might! It totally honors our military service people! (except most in the military can't stand parade duty.. I had done it many times while I was in the Army, and no one enjoyed standing for hours practicing for parades and ceremonies). You want to honor those serving? Give them a couple days off and a bonus check.. they would appreciate that a lot more.
edit on 9-2-2018 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   

I never said they couldn't do it. I am saying from a troop's perspective it is a MUCH bigger undertaking than you and many others are suggesting it is. You are asking troops who barely get enough time to see their families as it is to spend multiple days away from their family not to go overseas to fight in war, but to go to DC to march in a parade which is meant to honor themselves.

It's a bad idea. Period.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   

*shrugs*

I don't think it's a big deal. And I happen to be one of those who used to wear a uniform.

But if you hate the idea, please! don't attend.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Agree to disagree. Thank you for wearing the uniform btw. I couldn't attend even if I wanted to but I feel bad for the grunts who have no choice whether or not they want to attend.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I just dont get it , America has the military budget of 700billion this year , which could solve nearly every problem humanity faces

it could feed , clothe and educate every human on this planet , like 10 times over !

Make america great again Donald , spend that 700 billion on making earth great again
edit on 9-2-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

*shrugs*

I don't think it's a big deal. And I happen to be one of those who used to wear a uniform.

But if you hate the idea, please! don't attend.

Vet to vet you know it's gigantic waste of time and money for someone's ego.

He sht a stupid idea ,it's the equivalent of painting rocks white over and over again just because!!.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join