It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff's Disturbing Comments Caught On Body Cam

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

He was just bragging after the incident. What did he say during the incident?

"Use deadly force if necessary"

How can you say the sheriff is clearly a psychopath for a decision he made which was warranted?
If deadly force wasn't warranted then you would have a point.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

How can you say the sheriff is clearly a psychopath for a decision he made which was warranted?

So your justification for these comments being OK is it was after the fact..... Dude ...just no.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I'm saying that people's words should be put into context and the focus should be on people's actions.

I think his actions were justified and his words were unfortunate.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Each to their own, I think his actions deplorable and his words despicable.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Bragging?? about killing someone and how he thrives on it..no, not acceptable in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I believe I had a sheriff's deputy try to set me up for an execution.
I, unbeknownst to myself, was letting a woman, who he had a crush on, shack up at my place.
I wake up with a loud banging on my door at about 3 in the morning.
"Police! Open the door!"
I open the door and three deputies have their guns drawn on me.
"Cuff him."
I turn around and put my hands behind my back.
I am asked in a very loud way where this individual is.
I honestly don't know and tell them as much.
They tell me to walk them through the house.
I have a Bowie knife in a belt sheath on me.
I tell them I have a knife on me and am not taking one step until they remove it.
This seemed to agitate them, but one of them removed the blade.
"Do you have any other weapons?"
Yep, there is a loaded shotgun beside my desk.
They could have easily ended my days and claimed I had a weapon and gotten away with it had I not taken those precautions.
They found the person they were looking for and reluctantly let me go with no charges for "harboring a fugitive."
I have since moved to another county.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Bragging?? about killing someone and how he thrives on it..no, not acceptable in my opinion.

You're absolutely correct!
That's not acceptable at all, and you will find that the person who shot this man wasn't bragging either.

The cop who actually shot the meth head did feel bad about it. There's footage of the sheriff consoling him.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Each to their own, I think his actions deplorable and his words despicable.

Fair enough, I can respect that.
I think his words are despicable however I think his actions which were giving the order to "Use deadly force if necessary" were justified.

Quoting people after high stress incidents like this is silly as people will say crazy things.

I can totally agree that "if" his actions were unjustified and he "thrives" on it then he's an absolute monster.
I'm just not convinced they were unjustified.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: bluechevytree

he was off the road driving in the grass and ramming the side of the police car to get back on the road.

It was all cop. They forced him off the road, 'boxed' him front and side, ramming his vehicle multiple times, into the dirt shoulder.

Yah, he was scared to death by then, knew what was coming. He was driving for his life against an aggressive, notorious PD.

How would you stop a meth head who refuses to stop, drives into oncoming traffic and ignores stoplights?

If you're trying to get away from the police you're not driving for your life, you're driving for your death.

Had he crashed into a family everyone would be saying "why didn't they shoot him".

He lost his right to life when he endangered other's right to life.

Failure to yield is not a capital offense. Nobody else was visible on that road. The only ones endangering life were the cops.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 02:12 AM
link   

You know why the cop felt bad..because he killed someone and it didn't need to happen, it pretty much was an execution, wasn't truck was in the ditch already?
edit on 8-2-2018 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I believe

I want to believe.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   

he was off the road driving in the grass and ramming the side of the police car to get back on the road.

It was all cop. They forced him off the road, 'boxed' him front and side, ramming his vehicle multiple times, into the dirt shoulder.

Yah, he was scared to death by then, knew what was coming. He was driving for his life against an aggressive, notorious PD.

How would you stop a meth head who refuses to stop, drives into oncoming traffic and ignores stoplights?

If you're trying to get away from the police you're not driving for your life, you're driving for your death.

Had he crashed into a family everyone would be saying "why didn't they shoot him".

Failure to yield is not a capital offense. Nobody else was visible on that road. The only ones endangering life were the cops.

He was under the influence.
He had driven into oncoming traffic.
And he had ignored stoplights.

All of which endangered the lives of plenty of innocent people.
And all of which he would have continued to do had he not been shot.

The chase was going for a lot longer than the video shows.

I understand your point of view if you are basing it solely on the video.

If it was a 3minute chase then the outcome was wildly unjustified.
But it wasn't.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   

But it wasn't.

You also need to understand White Co. 2nd.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Wen they first encountered him he wasn't doing any of these things.

The cops forced him to do these things by aggressively pursuing him.

The cops then escalated the situation , ratcheting it up to justify more and more force, ending up murdering him without probable cause.

Non compliance is the meme of bullies and tyrants.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
What ? No because the police use force does not mean that people can escalate the situation. Since that is essentially what causes the police to use force. The moment he refused to pull over he forces the officer to increase their efforts to pull him over. From a public safety standpoint they just can't allow him to drive off as if nothing happened.

The individual became more erratic as the altercation continued. Had he simply pulled over he'd be alive. In his head it was somehow better to attempt to evade the police then be caught driving with out a license.

Now on to the policeman's statement very sad and very inappropriate. I'd want to see the context of the statement before passing final judgement but sold to me something that needs to be brought up with local mayor to control his police force.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

The moment he refused to pull over he forces the officer to increase their efforts to pull him over.

He 'forces' them to do nothing but follow him at a safe distance. Like he's going to get away in a Pickup hauling a huge trailer.

Peace officers are to show restraint, not escalate to justify deadly force. Theres a number of tactics, spike strips, shooting out tires, instead of shooting people in the head with bullets or stupid comments like yours.

Stupid and lazy, vicious even.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Wen they first encountered him he wasn't doing any of these things.

The cops forced him to do these things by aggressively pursuing him.

Yep, when they first encountered him he was just under the influence and driving without a licence with invalid plates.

But obviously that's societies fault for the drugs and the governments fault for taking his licence. I'm not sure who would be to blame for the invalid plates. It couldn't be his fault so I guess he was just unlucky.

Then those evil police chased him for over an hour.
Did they want him to stop?
Of course not, they were just trying to escalate the situation.

I apologise, I foolishly thought that the police were doing their jobs.
Turns out this crackhead was heroically standing up to bullies and tyrants.

At least he's smoking rock with Jesus now.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Deadly force wasn't warranted; at all. They attempted to pull him over for "driving on a suspended license" which isn't even an arrest-able offense unless you're habitual. It's a desk appearance ticket. How did they even know he was driving on a suspended, police usually find out you're driving on a suspended after they pull you over and run your license. In this case, no traffic infraction was just cause for a stop, he was legitimately being pulled over for driving on a suspended; again, how in the bloody hell could they have known that.

Secondly; they knew where he lived, yet THEY put every ones lives in danger and escalated a situation where they summarily executed a guy for no reason. All they had to do was let him go, they pick him up after he arrived at home. Nobody would have died and nobodies lives would have been put at risk while these idiot police kept trying to "pit" the trailer, despite the trailer having a swivel hitch. When the cop finally realized, oh wait -- we gotta pit the actual truck, he got it on his first attempt.

So now they succeeded in stopping the guy, and their response was again to summarily execute Dial, despite the fact that he was stopped?

What justified necessary force, he was A.) Unarmed, and B.) Hadn't broken any laws outside of a misdemeanor driving on a suspended.

It was the duty of the police to do one of the following; follow the guy in low key mode, and pull him over when he was stopped. Let him go and pick him up later at his place of residence. Instead, they willfully endangered everyone on the road by escalating a situation with absolutely reckless tactics, and then discharged firearms in a public space when there was no threat from the suspect.

How this ever could have been ruled "Justified" is beyond comprehension. These police officers were so untrained they couldn't even properly perform a pit maneuver and destroyed their own wheels in the process of just excessively ramming him repeatedly. More over; the deputy said he loves shooting people, no; he THRIVES on giving those kinds of orders.

You can tell from jump street the only intention here was to kill the guy. These officers wanted to murder someone, and that's exactly what they did.

Justified? Necessary? What????? You're living in a fish bowl dude.
edit on 8-2-2018 by SRPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   

But it wasn't.

I'm sorry; I don't believe it. Someone under the influence who drove against traffic and ran stop lights doesn't drive straight and stay in his lane and then have quick enough reaction to stop when the cop in front of him brake checked him. They are just saying he was under the influence in post, and I saw nothing mentioned of this in the article.

I was once arrested for a DUI, in which I wasn't under the influence of any substance, solely because a taxi driver was in a bar while on shift, and someone fender bendered his company vehicle, so he literally parked it behind my car a crossed the street at Publix Super Market and blocked me from leaving. I managed to drive around him, only to be pulled over down the road for "Hit and Run" and when I proved to them that the damage on his vehicle had A.) A different color paint, and B.) was at the wrong height for my car to have even caused it, they arrested me for "Refusal to Blow."

The arresting officer said she wasn't going to believe anything I said because I was once arrested for "Falsifying a police report" [I wasn't found guilty, and that arresting officer was charged himself for falsifying the police report].

Shows you how much you can trust police; Zero. The hit and run charged were dropped, the refusal was over turned, and the DUI was reduced to a reckless driving because I couldn't prove my BAC level, because they refused to allow me to give a blood or urine sample. I was found guilty of reckless driving because it was literally my word vs the police, despite the police report saying on Page 1 that I passed field sobriety tests and there was no smell of alcohol and Page 2 saying I completely smelled of alcohol. Page 2 was written by a different officer who wasn't even present at the scene and was in direct opposition to the officer that did give me a sobriety test, that I absolutely passed.
edit on 8-2-2018 by SRPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: SRPrime
What justified necessary force, he was A.) Unarmed, and B.) Hadn't broken any laws outside of a misdemeanor driving on a suspended.

Under the influence of drugs.
Refusing to stop.
Mismatched licence plates.
Ignoring stop signs.
Driving into oncoming traffic.

That trailer didn't look tied down either.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join