It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff's Disturbing Comments Caught On Body Cam

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 12:46 AM
link   
If cops are trying to pull you over and you start ramming them with your vehicle, you may well eat some lead.
Just a fact.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: bluechevytree

Way to miss the point.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
If cops are trying to pull you over and you start ramming them with your vehicle, you may well eat some lead.
Just a fact.

You must also have an eyesight problem....

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
Just a fact.

And when the cop comes up to you, grabs your hand, slaps you with it and says "Stop hitting yourself, stop hitting yourself." well, best thing is to stop hitting yourself, hey!

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 03:33 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

I dont understand the urge to follow men like this. Me personally, I want them off the planet.

edit on 2 7 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I am not defending anyone.
I only stated the simple fact of the matter.
Comply or you run the risk of being shot dead like a dog in the street.
Know the score.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Tundra

My husband had apparently heard about it, via a coworker whose mother works dispatch in White Co.

When I saw it on here, that was first I had heard. Then he popped into Reddit and it was top news there.

Cookeville and Algood police seem to be pretty crooked too. Did you hear about all the drama with Algood a few month back?
edit on 7-2-2018 by chelsdh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluechevytree
a reply to: intrptr

when he started ramming the police cars that made him a danger to everyone on the road,at that point they had to do something to stop him.

By something, you mea executing him? They foeced him to ram them, they blocked him in, kept pushing, and ramming Him. Watch the video again.

He drove straight, not 'aggressively'. After the first attempts by officers to interdict, sirens and lights blazing, maneuvering aggressively, then he tried to get around their cars, slowing but not slamming into the Patrol units when they slowed in front of him, going around them, off road even, to evade contact, not to make contact.

Like I said, if they had backed off and followed at a distance, instead of forcing it to violence on their part, he might still be alive. He didn't shoot at them either, when they dod stop him.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Comply or you run the risk of being shot dead like a dog in the street.
Know the score.

Thats a call to arms. You think Peace officers will be met with peaceful intent if they play 'street dog' executioner like this vid clearly shows?
edit on 7-2-2018 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

With the Algood mayor and city council idiots? Yeah its Algood, ha! I have heard some messed up stories about the good ol' boys in blue around these areas. Pretty amazing how media can completely pretend how things like this never happened, and how we never heard about it untill now. Reminds me of "officer" Eric "The Family Dog Killer" Hall from Cookeville who was more than happy to use his gun on an obviously non-threatening dog. That was actually on the news though. Im pretty sure he is still on the force if my memory is working right.

Their motto should be "To protect myself, and serve you a beat down. Or maybe just murder you for #s and giggles." I have met good policemen before, but it just seems like most of them have the "i was picked on in high school" and/or "im not well endowed" syndrome. This might get me in trouble and I don't care. Next time these fools use the gun, maybe it should be on themselves.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Tundra

We have a friend that received a “beating” of sorts from the Cookeville police- they dropped him on his face. Because he had been hovering over them with his drone. They followed the drone to his house, asked him to come out of the house and chat, threatened him with action from the FAA. Sure enough bud left his porch and they arrested him for “public intoxication”. They proceeded to confiscate his wife’s device that had been linked to the drone, and deleted the footage.

He did retain an attorney, and the charges were dropped.

Not exactly “off topic” since it is in such close proximity to Sparta, and the same mentality is here.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorteurDeMort
The people of that county need to vote him out, or else they stand behind this sickening behavior.

No, he needs to be tried for murder (if the TN law allows it in that way), and so does the deputy who fired the deadly shots.

This appears to be a very open/shut case in this regard--I can't imagine any evidence that would change that conclusion.

The voters need to do a better job voting in the next one.

Well, I may have spoken too soon (but I want to leave my first reaction up).

Don't get me wrong, I think that the things that were said by the Sheriff warrant charges, because it really shows that his intent was to have this end with a dead individual, and the fact that he 'loves this sh*t' is very, deeply disturbing.

That said, as far as the escalation of the incident is concerned, culpability initially falls on the suspect and (from the video, anyhow) not the LEOs. This chase had to have been going on for some time for that many officers to already be involved by the time that the video starts, and I don't care who you are, a 50-mph chase on a public interstate/highway by an old S-10 pickup hauling a load that probably exceeds the actual tow capacity for that truck becomes a pretty major public hazard.

I do agree that the officers should have chosen the path of least resistance and maybe followed him at a decent distance enough to where they would allow him to feel relatively at ease--much better results are generally achieved by letting people think more clearly. I think that the officers did a disservice in this regard, both to the driver and the public in general.

I still think that the Sheriff needs to see a court room--I'm not so convinced about the officer who fired the shots anymore, though. At the time and in the heat of the pursuit, I can see why this was ruled a justified shooting.

I still think that it was an unnecessary shooting, though, for sure--without a doubt. I just wish that the driver would have been a little more intelligent in his response over a suspended license at the start of the incident.
edit on 7-2-2018 by SlapMonkey because: I added the portion below the line

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Just some tips to avoid trouble from the police.
Had he followed them he'd still be alive.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
humm suspended licence ??? that is it ? This whole chase ( who really was endangering the public )
A dude driving a truck on clear roads at the speed limit or the cops hitting the truck and by that time know the ONLY thing the dude had issues with a was a suspended licence ?

Lord they could have followed 50 feet back he would have to stop sooner or later mean wile teh road is clear no threat to anyone .

Maybe with all the killing cops people are afraid to stop now . I sure would be trust a cops ? ok so 99 times out of a 100 your fine its the 100 time you better worry about .
Here in Florida the state has become so corrupt teh FBI is in full swing heck all they need to do is walk into just about any city ANY .

Criminals have been and always will be criminals nothing they do has changed or gotten worse in the last 50 years of my life .
Cops on teh other hand have kept escalating the violence to the point stand a cop beside a military dude and the difference is the military dude is MUCH MUCH less likely to kill you even in battle .
Most people responses are so the cop killed the person who cares .Well its not about teh cops killing one person its about teh cops being alawed to kill any person who poses no Threat . You let that even once you may as well conced to living in a police state .

No cops should be able to kill any one who does not have a VISIBLE weapon in there hand or is not flat out tring to run them over .And ANY cop who kills a person in any other time should be brought up ON Murder /.
Non of the well I though he had a gun or he turned and looked back NO weapon found in his hand cop goes to prison .
The burrden off proof for killing a person should be as high as possible .

how many wrong address has gotten people killed ? how many wrong person stopped has gotten people killed ?
How long will you keep defending cops saying its only a few bad ones when it has gotten so afr out of controle teh FBI gets called in on a entire STATE ?

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

And when the cop comes up to you, grabs your hand, slaps you with it and says "Stop hitting yourself

You have it all wrong..the proper phrase is "stop resisting"

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

he was off the road driving in the grass and ramming the side of the police car to get back on the road.

he was clearly a danger to everyone even himself, I have no sympathy for what happened to him.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

yeah pretty stupid of the guy to endanger everyones lives over a simple suspended license charge. he was probably on drugs or had mental problems.
obviously someone made the right decision by suspending his license.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

he was off the road driving in the grass and ramming the side of the police car to get back on the road.

It was all cop. They forced him off the road, 'boxed' him front and side, ramming his vehicle multiple times, into the dirt shoulder.

Yah, he was scared to death by then, knew what was coming. He was driving for his life against an aggressive, notorious PD.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

It was all cop. They forced him off the road, 'boxed' him front and side, ramming his vehicle multiple times, into the dirt shoulder.

Yah, he was scared to death by then, knew what was coming. He was driving for his life against an aggressive, notorious PD.

How would you stop a meth head who refuses to stop, drives into oncoming traffic and ignores stoplights?

If you're trying to get away from the police you're not driving for your life, you're driving for your death.

Had he crashed into a family everyone would be saying "why didn't they shoot him".

He lost his right to life when he endangered other's right to life.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Seems the point is sailing right over some posters heads..the point is, this sheriff gets off on shooting people, thrives on it in fact..said as much when he didn't realise he was being recorded. The sheriff is clearly a psychopath.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join