It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MH370 Search Vessel turns off transponder for 3 days

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower

Less than 20 minutes for PAX, more like 10-15 minutes.

PIlot's (varies) but is much longer.

edit...also, the O2 for the PAX is not sourced from a tank like the pilot's is. It's actually a chemical reaction.

edit on 2/13/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

The oxygen masks are to provide enough oxygen to get to an altitude you can breathe at. As pointed out, maybe 15 minutes. It shouldn't take that long to get lower once pressure is lost.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

There was this

HOME SIMULATION

Six weeks before the aircraft’s disappearance, Captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah used his home simulator to fly a route that was initially similar to part of the route flown by MH370 up the Strait of Malacca, with a left-hand turn and track into the southern Indian Ocean, the ATSB said in its report.

“By the last data point the aircraft had flown approximately 4,200 nautical miles,” the report said. “This was further than was possible with the fuel loaded on board the aircraft for flight MH370.”

The simulated aircraft track was also inconsistent with those modeled using satellite signal data from MH370, the report said.

However, the ATSB said there were enough similarities to the flight path of MH370 for the agency to carefully consider the possible implications for the underwater search area, including whether it glided after fuel exhaustion or was ditched in a controlled manner.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

There was heavy weather that delayed the initial search at the time the plane went missing.
Its fairly standard for pilots to use on board avionics such as IntuVue to find low turbulence paths through squall lines.
Of course weather can change very quickly and MH370 wouldn't be the first incident where a pilot had to make an extreme altitude adjustment to climb over the heaviest turbulence.
They did find a flaperon at Reunion island that would suggest heavy turbulence.
I wouldn't sister a rafter the way they mount those flaperons though so this is no proof of the plane breaking up.

Standard procedure would require the pilot to notify the passengers that there was turbulence ahead and to fasten their safety belts. I'm not sure if there is policy in place for notification of emergency high altitude maneuvers or reminders of how the oxygen masks work?

The passenger compartment pressure relief valve setting was probably multiplied by a factor of 1.33 which should have allowed operation to 45,000 ft without incident.

Do the pilots have a warning light that displays when a situation such as a rear exit door is not secure?

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cauliflower

Do the pilots have a warning light that displays when a situation such as a rear exit door is not secure?

Absolutely they do!!!!!!!

Numerous alarms actually. A door failure at cruise would be a major incident (even more serious than say an engine failure)! Plus there are also cabin pressure alarms, chute alarms, lock alarms, etc. Believe me, an unsecured / failing door would definitely not go unnoticed on the flight deck! It would be a top priority event.

Edit...that said, the reason I used the word 'failure' is because it is not possible to open a cabin door at altitude. They are what is known as 'plug' doors, so when the pressure inside the cabin is greater than outside the door just seals tighter. A 30,000+ foot atmospheric pressure differential is not something a person could overpower.
edit on 2/13/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

The problem with getting to 45,000 feet is that's above the aircraft service ceiling, and at the point they supposedly got that high, they were still fairly heavy. The service ceiling for any 777 is 43,100 feet.

The service ceiling is, for all intents and purposes, the maximum altitude an aircraft can operate at. The technical definition is that it's the maximum altitude an aircraft can operate at, and maintain a specified rate of climb. Usually that rate is 100 feet per minute. The only way they could reach 45,000 feet would be a zoom climb, and they couldn't stay there for very long before they began coming back down.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Thats exactly the scenario I was thinking of.
Its not like the steward could just start tossing food service items out the back exit to lighten the aircraft 30 minutes before the storm.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

The claim is that they flew at 45,000 for several minutes to kill the passengers. There's no way they could have stayed that high that long even if they did get up there.
edit on 2/13/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Remind me to ignore your future questions.

Have a great internet.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   
So they found some sunken treasure...I'm confused because this was just reported in relation to the recent search ship which "went dark" but there is a date in the article of March 2015? I have to re read and see who else is reporting on it.

My REAL interest in this subject came from a youtube video I was watching speaking about it. Where the authour brought up the recent "heat map" that is causing controversy. Its a fitness app Strava which has gotten into trouble for releasing details that have uncoveted sensitive military locations and it has been in the news lately:
www.wired.com...

Well I am not sure of how to navigate this heat map myself but it is very intetesting. This video below covers the treasure discovery and talks about the area in question being somewhat like the Bermuda triangle of the area. That's not the most interesting part. The heat map, this author shows. In his video, has a strange anomaly on it in the aproximate location of the found treasure! Maybe this is the same location the plane was lost and the question is...what is this weird anomoly on the heat map?? I would be really interested to know what people think. I am posting here but I think I am going to start a thread as well...this is intetesting!

youtu.be...

edit on 14 by tiredoflooking because: To add forgotten link

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Ugh missed adding the link about the found treasure

www.express.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: HarryJoy
I am not sure if this has been covered or not since I haven't really been keeping up to date on this issue I just happened to stop by this thread and had a thought occur to me ..... I'm surprised there isn't a network of geostationary satellites with infrared capability that track every large metallic object that is moving across our planet at all times.

Since this is a conspiracy site I'm sure most of us probably believe that such a network does exist

There are a lot of satellites up there operated by various international governments who don't particularly want to reveal (intentionally or not) any of their operations/surveillance and certain capabilities to other countries. IIRC there wasn't a lot of satellite imagery relevant to the time and place/s of MH370's flightpath and disappearance/crash.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: tiredoflooking

My REAL interest in this subject came from a youtube video I was watching speaking about it. Where the authour brought up the recent "heat map" that is causing controversy. Its a fitness app Strava which has gotten into trouble for releasing details that have uncoveted sensitive military locations and it has been in the news lately:
www.wired.com...

I use Strava daily, the idea is that you set up an account and it logs what you do, in my case cycling.. My Garmin unit that is GPS equipped will track my speed, elevation (Climbing on hills) route that I took and distance, it is uploaded every ride and then I can see how I have improved on each section called a Strava section, it is a bit geeky but honestly it is a game changer for the fitness community..

My understanding regarding the Strava Heat map and MH370 is that there is a log that has tracked what looks like a dead straight line that starts and ends in the Indian ocean, now I personally use a Garmin unit as a GPS tracker, "HOWEVER!!!", Starva is also a phone app that logs workouts and can even upload to the site straight after.. Strava even has a option to flag up an activity that is believed to have been by accident such as if someone was cycling a route to then put the bike on a car and head home at 50 mph meaning they lead every Strava section on that route due to the obvious high speed of a car v bike.. (Hope that makes sense)..

So in theory if the plane did loose cabin pressure allowing a GPS signal into the cabin and someone on board had Strava on a phone for example (very likely as it is that popular) then it has tracked an activity on a dead straight line starting and ending in the Indian ocean.. It is unlikely the activity was in a boat as the track is a straight line, boats or ships would be all over the place..

The military bases coming to light my guess would be that people where training and then uploading activities showing a high number of workouts in a location that was the middle of nowhere, when people looked at all the activity in this area it came to light that it was in fact a military base.

RA
edit on 15-2-2018 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: tiredoflooking

Very interesting!

This whole subject is a rabbit-hole and a half! Not just for this subject, but many others.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

When I first started looking at the Strava heat map , after reading the article about the bases etc. Being exposed, I assumed just like you mentioned, that all the data shown on the map was from app users. I
have been looking at it very often and I am thinking Strava is recording heat signatures for...everything. I mean boats and cars and planes are not logging their exercise. What I also found to sort of prove my theory is a horse race track near my old house....it's lit up on the heat map like crazy!! A perfect loop. Is it possible Strava is recording all heat signaures? I need to do more research, but wondered what you might think as a regular user.? It's incredible, the map. Also, I have noticed the satellite filter , when applied to the heat map, shows MANY things that google earth has blurred out. A good example is Gitmo... You can zoom in on it with the satellite filter and see everything! You can even see where it looks like staff must take their boats across to a beach on the mainland. Its incredible. I cannot believe these things are visable, I have been obsessed with the map for days now. I cannot imagine it will be available to view for long!

The anomaly out in the Indian ocean highlighted in the above youtube video is really strange. I can easily find it on the map when I looked myself , it is really bright and extremely straight. Hard to say what it might be? Not a boat, maybe a drilling platform...but it is so far out in the middle of nowhere. If one zooms in on the ocean out from Perth Australia it can be plainly seen. Also my above linked youtube video by the Outer Light shows it well and the contributor discusses what ferrys boats and planes look like and points them out on the map. The anomaly is strange for certain. I'm really curious to see what everyone thinks about it! I made a thread about it as well.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also everyone, the map is really interesting to check out, I HIGHLY recommend it!! I have a strong feeling it may soon be censored!
labs.strava.com.../-120.90000/38.36000/hot/all

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: tiredoflooking

The straight line is certainly interesting, but I suspect it is just some sort of digital artefact. The Strava heat map is going to keep me occupied for days!

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 06:33 AM
link   

I have been looking at it very often and I am thinking Strava is recording heat signatures for...everything.

Being called "heat map" doesn't mean it shows heat signatures, it's a way of showing the data, using different colours for different values, usually starting with "cold" colours (blue) for lower values and ending with "hot" colours (red) for high values.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: lacrimoniousfinale

It could just be something that is nothing for certain. The map is super interesting and keeps me busy, I have been checking it out for days and hours!

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Yes I do understand it represents data. I have been reading the company's information posts. I am really having trouble believing that every bit of data is really from people just using the app. There are certain areas, like a horse racetrack, where I am sure the well lit perfect loop is the track itself and horse racing would not be an activity their users are recording. I am just wondering how this data is then available to be shown on the map. Also planes and boats... I have been reading the posted articles on how the app works, it is very technical stuff that I am no expert in. They seem to convey that the data showing is from users of the fitness app. I just look at it and cannot imagine there isn't more being shown on that map than just the reported fitness data...
edit on 18 by tiredoflooking because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I am really having trouble believing that every bit of data is really from people just using the app.

Not me. For the last 3 years, since I was diagnosed with diabetes, among other change in my lifestyle, I started walking more, instead of just going to work and back home (I worked 100 metres from home at the time, now I work 600 metres away) I started walking at least for half a hour at the end of the day. I do not use any gadget (I don't even have a cellphone), but at the end of each day I go to Google Earth and measure (approximately) how much did I walk that day, and, on average, I walk 46 km each month, so I don't think all those lines are too much for people using their gadgets.

There are certain areas, like a horse racetrack, where I am sure the well lit perfect loop is the track itself and horse racing would not be an activity their users are recording.

Why? You can also see that on car tracks, like Laguna Seca. It looks like people use Strava any time.

I am just wondering how this data is then available to be shown on the map. Also planes and boats... I have been reading the posted articles on how the app works, it is very technical stuff that I am no expert in. They seem to convey that the data showing is from users of the fitness app. I just look at it and cannot imagine there isn't more being shown on that map than just the reported fitness data...

I haven't read their explanation of how it works, but from what I have seen elsewhere, it looks like they just use GPS data. With only that data they can show where and when people were, so if someone uploads their position, for example, every 10 seconds, they can show where that person was, where they were going and how fast.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join