It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MH370 Search Vessel turns off transponder for 3 days

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

I'm just saying there seems to be data that isn't exercise related. Like time on a plane or train or on a racehorse. Isn't the point of using a fitness app to record physical activity? Oh the horse race track is cart racing, because actually riding the horse is exercise. Like above you describe recording your walking distance data but would you record a plane trip you took?
edit on 18 by tiredoflooking because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: tiredoflooking

I think that's the case, people activate the data collection when they shouldn't or do not stop it when they stop, and the data gathering keeps continues until they finally turn it off.

From what I have read about Strava, it has the possibility of defining areas where the data gathering is never active, so people can walk around on their homes without showing where they are, but when it is activated it remains active until turned off by the user, as that's the only way of knowing when the (supposed) activity stopped.

If the user doesn't turn if off when they should or if they turn it on when they shouldn't then the system doesn't have any way of knowing if something is wrong or not.

The only thing they can detect is speed, so if someone is "walking" at 800 km/h they are able to know that the data gathering was on when it shouldn't and ignore it.

<< 3  4  5   >>

join