It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I hate the mud pit.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

That pretty much sums up a majority of political threads. I too hate the pit but I find I have to post there because this site and its users are sooo politically driven any thread on politics becomes muddy no matter what forum it’s posted in.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Pit mentality...no reason to argue with you.
Good luck cleaning poo off your feet.

Thanks for that...great example.

Well there is pit mentality, and then there is reasoned debate. Fallacious dismissals and deflections belong in the former.

Be careful you don't bring the pit outside of the pit.
edit on 1-2-2018 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Pretty much nailed it. It infects every other forum, in part because that base mentality and schoolyard taunting work.

Maybe that's what it's meant to do...but I don't think it will help ATS, (as a forum) in the long run. It's supposed to be an information forum besides the conspiracy aspect....much of what you see is disinformation by 24/7 keyboard Ninjas...well at least the 24/7 continuity bit is.
edit on 1-2-2018 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I think the mud pit was the beginning of the end for civil discussion on these boards because, as you say, it leaks to pretty much every other discussion regardless of the forum it's set in. It is a haven for trolls and I wouldn't be even a little bit sad if it was done away with. I'm sure it has made moderation of the other forums a nightmare as well because the attitudes and grudges permeate the discussion around here.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Cant stand the heat ? Stay out of the oven...

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: Liquesence

Pretty much nailed it. It infects every other forum, in part because that base mentality and schoolyard taunting work.

Maybe that's what it's meant to do...but I don't think it will help ATS in the long run. It's supposed to be an information forum besides the conspiracy aspect....much of what you see is disinformation by 24/7 keyboard Ninjas...well at least the 24/7 continuity bit is.

Are you saying it's meant to debase the entirety of ATS through that infection? If not, I misunderstand.

The pit in itself is a forum to allow for that base mentality and schoolyard BS to be acceptable and tolerated but only within the pit, where such behavior is unacceptable outside the pit.

Yes, there is a lot of disinformation/propaganda by keyboard warriors and trolls.

The problem is, as stated, it infects the rest of ATS.
edit on 1-2-2018 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Are you saying it's meant to debase the entirety of ATS through that infection? If not, I misunderstand.

I wouldn't be surprised. Their tentacles are everywhere, maybe even here on ATS.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

What happens when the oven is faulty and has cracks all in it. Move out or get rid of the oven?

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Sadly, the MudPit is the closest thing to free speech we can get on this board. That people want to get rid of it all together is indicative of the trend of censorial inclinations.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: DrumsRfun
a reply to: network dude

you have to drive what you brought to the track.

Thats a good way to put it.
Some people ride skateboards while others drive Mustangs and laugh while trying to run them over...its tasteless and trollish.

Picking on people weaker than you is not a good trait to have.

I'd bet most could kick my ass, even the girls. But I have the upper hand. I know I'm right.

Honestly, I do enjoy being able to let off some steam. And judging by the reactions, they all seem to enjoy it as well. Except for that one guy, but I don't like to talk about him.

Would that one guy be me? And I have given you so many stars and flags. My feelings are hurt.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

That people want to get rid of it all together is indicative

Nope....you ran away with the cart and left the horse.
I never said anything about getting rid of it....only that I hate it.
If people feel the need to be douchebags...I feel there is a much more needed thing called looking in the mirror first.

edit on 1-2-2018 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Nope....you ran away with the cart and left the horse.
I never said anything about getting rid of it....only that I hate it.

I'll let you know when I'm talking about you.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Liquesence

I wouldn't be surprised. Their tentacles are everywhere, maybe even here on ATS.

You could be correct.

While I do not think the intent of the the Pit is to infect the entirety of ATS, that people (trolls and misinformation/propaganda artists) are using it as a means of infection thereby undermining and debasing rational discourse seems very real.

It's mirrored in the current political climate, and is fundamentally changing reality, as is the intent of propaganda.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Please do...I await your pompous response.

On that note,this thread wasn't to debate you all...it was a rant because I'm pissed off.
Carry on.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Gothmog

What happens when the oven is faulty and has cracks all in it. Move out or get rid of the oven?

This coming from someone that spends their entire time on ATS there ?
Message ignored.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: Gothmog

Sadly, the MudPit is the closest thing to free speech we can get on this board. That people want to get rid of it all together is indicative of the trend of censorial inclinations.

I like it.
The only ones that dont , jaunt in there every now and then and get that tail tore up....

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun

Please do...I await your pompous response.

On that note,this thread wasn't to debate you all...it was a rant because I'm pissed off.
Carry on.

As long as you promise me your equally pompous retort, I will.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

As long as you promise me your equally pompous retort, I will.

Thats a you problem...not a me problem.
No promises from me.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Thats a you problem...not a me problem.
No promises from me.

For some reason I thought we were in the MudPit. I guess I did prove your point right. Apologies.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   
And so, some responses in this rant prove the entire premise of the OP.

Well done, gents.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join