It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I hate the mud pit.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Disclaimer...I speak as a member and not as staff.

To me,it goes without saying,but...this is MY rant!!

It is a CESSPOOL meant for the worst of the worst,who just simply couldn't help themselves and be civil...so they needed a sandbox to play in.

Since its creation...the pit mentality is prevalent in most forums.
I could make a thread on balloons and you can bet some fool will come in with a Trump comment or something...you people are nuts!!!!

Its a place where trolls can expose themselves,like a naked peeping tom with a spotlight shining upon them.
Its a place where trolls go to say hello.

Its a place where there is nothing left on the right and there is nothing right on the left.
This would be the part where pit mentality pops up and comments about left and right,like they have some kind of clue the rest of us could NEVER know unless THEY,the pompous opinionated asshole, TELLS us.

Its the place where you are allowed to get offended when Hillary coughs.
Its the place you can get angry because Trump ate a Big Mac.
Its a place to act politically crippled and give your politically,emotionally crippled opinions on how offended you are because someone farted or stubbed their toe or something.

My views on political correctness are strong,in that I really hate it and it makes me want to spare the bunnies and slap the hippies.

I don't want to hurt people's feelings and do my best to try not to.....BUT...If you are going to push me and ask me if I care about your BS...the answer is no and I only have time for my BS and I don't need to argue with you about yours and your opinions about it.

So...thats my rant and I think I feel better now!!

Keep the mud pit classy!!

edit on 1-2-2018 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I think you take this site too seriously.

+28 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

Apparently,so do you as well.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

You should have posted this in the mud-pit!

I agree, the mud-pit sucks and stifles any meaningful debate but then again, I don't think most members post in that forum to engage in debate. Mud-wrestling maybe.
As long as it makes someone happy. I try (and usually succeed!) in staying out of politics threads but every once in a while a stupid one goes by and it's like the keyboard operates itself here...

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I mentioned a couple days ago that I hate the mud pit as well. I hate to argue and am not good at it. Neither able to call names or make fun without feeling bad. Won't make a thread there but will occasionally post.

Like the way you laid it out.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

No, that was just an article I happened upon and thought it was relevant to this site. I don't start many threads because, guess what, I'm just to lazy to take the time to follow my own post and reply to everyone that may disagree with my opinion. It's just not worth the energy and frustration.

PS; I'd rather give stars and flags than get them.

edit on 1-2-2018 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

i am with you though i am guilty of slinging it in there from time to time. i dont get as crazy as some but i have started threads there.
honestly i am tired of all the politics in general. not just here but in the world too.
trump this and hillary that.
the left this and the right that.

people are so divided and just picking with each other.

im just over it.

in the world too. people just wont shut up about it and it kind of sucks right now.

link   

The worst is when a thread you create is deleted and you’re told it can only be posted in the Mud Pit.

link   

Keep the mud pit classy!!

Never! Viva la Mudpit!

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Compared to real world discussions/debates the mud pit is baby shIt.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Since its creation...the pit mentality is prevalent in most forums.
I could make a thread on balloons and you can bet some fool will come in with a Trump comment or something...you people are nuts!!!!

Pretty much nailed it. It infects every other forum, in part because that base mentality and schoolyard taunting work.

The circle jerks don't help. Rarely can there even be any meaningful discussion because partisan name-calling, spin, and taunting is the MO. Over the past year and half it's only gotten worse.

It's a shame.

Its a place where trolls can expose themselves

Which also creates, for me, a list of people (and threads) to ignore, not to mention the multiple accounts. There can be little discussion or debate without the sophomoric tactics and constant deliberate spin.

It's futile.

Oh well.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Well, it is good for one thing. I learn from some of the responses that there are people that I would NOT want to have a beer with.

I love a good, civil discussion. It ain't in the mud pit. LOL

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

No...the worst is when people don't know the difference between a regular thread and a pit thread and muddy the rest of the site up.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I like it. It's a place where I don't get in as much trouble for being a

pompous opinionated asshole

you have to drive what you brought to the track.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Thats a good way to put it.
Some people ride skateboards while others drive Mustangs and laugh while trying to run them over...its tasteless and trollish.

Picking on people weaker than you is not a good trait to have.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Some people ride skateboards while others drive Mustangs and laugh while trying to run them over...its tasteless and trollish

You're not going to get any better at skateboarding if you always go where its easy.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

If the skateboard is covered in crap...why would I even put my foot on the board?

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   

If the skateboard is covered in crap...why would I even put my foot on the board?

Crap washes off. Rust ruins the integrity.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun
a reply to: network dude

Thats a good way to put it.
Some people ride skateboards while others drive Mustangs and laugh while trying to run them over...its tasteless and trollish.

Picking on people weaker than you is not a good trait to have.

I'd bet most could kick my ass, even the girls. But I have the upper hand. I know I'm right.

Honestly, I do enjoy being able to let off some steam. And judging by the reactions, they all seem to enjoy it as well. Except for that one guy, but I don't like to talk about him.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Pit mentality...no reason to argue with you.
Good luck cleaning poo off your feet.

Thanks for that...great example.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join