It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I hate the mud pit.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   
The mud pit is essentially two sides bickering constantly about the same things over and over, the same insults, the same lies, the same propaganda.

If you don't agree with A you must be B, no place for thought or investigation or collaborative efforts, just pure unadulterated poop slinging.

The constant attacks on the person rather than the subject which 90% of the time Alex Jones would probably laugh and call you crazy.

That's how bad that place is.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Taggart

It is necessary and great..it allows for all kinds of banter and frankly gave a place for those who go against the mainstream political views to be just as trashy as the news networks.

All sorts of censorship had been going on, in all sorts of topics and this gave some leeway and allows for some blowing off of steam.

I feel most definitely that liberals do not like the mudpit as it takes away all the sleazy victories they had from before...it allowed the evil conservatives to counter their tactics and they will never prevail again.

Thanks mudpit, the currently and forevermore most important part of this site.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

The mud pit is one of those things I hate to love and love to hate. It is an enigma, a conundrum and a paradox rolled into one

Its the place where you are allowed to get offended when Hillary coughs.
Its the place you can get angry because Trump ate a Big Mac.
Its a place to act politically crippled and give your politically,emotionally crippled opinions on how offended you are because someone farted or stubbed their toe or something.

There is simply no denying the accuracy of this statement

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO
a reply to: Taggart

It is necessary and great..it allows for all kinds of banter and frankly gave a place for those who go against the mainstream political views to be just as trashy as the news networks.

All sorts of censorship had been going on, in all sorts of topics and this gave some leeway and allows for some blowing off of steam.

I feel most definitely that liberals do not like the mudpit as it takes away all the sleazy victories they had from before...it allowed the evil conservatives to counter their tactics and they will never prevail again.

Thanks mudpit, the currently and forevermore most important part of this site.

No, the mudpit is a site killer, the same 10 posters isn't great for the site at all.

As for attacking liberals by saying Sleazy victories shows where you are in life.

No one wins, there is no victories, it's a bunch of autists patting each other on the back.
Cool you enjoy that part of the site, I remember when ATS was a conspiracy theory site not who can post the most Fox or CNN links.

I remember when this site attacked all in power, all media.
Back when this site was good.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun
Its a place where trolls can expose themselves,like a naked peeping tom with a spotlight shining upon them.
Its a place where trolls go to say hello.

Hi!!

Let me tell you my I think the Mud Pit might be worthless. And it kind of coincides with your reasons...but not really. The entirety of the ATS population is either a troll or not. These days, probably a troll. But I digress.

It's really just ignorance. No one here really seems to talk about the Russian Ties Trump has and no one here is talking about Corporate manipulation of politics. And let's get real. It's all about money. And apparently money buys opinion.

This site was supposed to be immune to that but I am comfortable admitting my naivete.

It doesn't change the fact...that it is possible that you didn't talk to the not trolls...just condemned the tide while it was regrouping.

The Mud Pit is an Echo Chamber...and yelling into an echo chamber is like hoping that you don't have to repeat yourself...as far as I see..

Mod it up!!

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO
I remember when ATS was a conspiracy theory site not who can post the most Fox or CNN links.

I remember when this site attacked all in power, all media.
Back when this site was good.

I've been thinking about this. Because it's prescient to an extent.

I think the one thing that we all failed to see was that conspiracy theories could be used. And we see that with Fox News harping on a deep state...a deep state that they are a part of...

I posted some threads about the Bohemian Grove a few years ago. I actually had my hands on a members list and I went through a large portion before I got creeped out. It's really a lot of doctors and locally rich Californians...but the one thing that has been kicking my ass is that Murdoch spoke in front of them. And now we have to tolerate Fox News [like they're relevant.

I didn't know. I refuse to go to AppleBee's because the owner watched Murdoch and his speech...

My point is, the Mud Pit and even comment sections of the internet are ignorant. I did my homework. Not enough...but we really can't expect everyone to be on the same page.

One of my biggest arguments against the Bible is that it reads like an instruction manual...and the Tower of Babel is being mirrored here.

We have a lot of basic things going on that are designed to benefit only a few. And why that doesn't make everyone mad at the right people is beyond me...edit to add - but I know that there are a lot of people who don't have the same information that I do. And even if they did, the capacity for that information to be twisted into whatever context I don't have is remarkable.
edit on Tue, 03 Jul 2018 22:55:43 -0500 by MemoryShock because: I pointed it out.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I agree in the sense that it's awful to see the mud-pit mentality spill into other forums, but beyond that I just see it as a way to rib members and get in stupid little jabs in a (hopefully) jovial way. If you don't have the sense of humor to laugh at yourself and accept others opinions and biting comments then it's gonna be a bad time. So I like the fact the forum is there.

However, when I see people bringing insults and poor decorum to forums like paranormal studies or aliens and UFOs, it definitely annoys me. It's not hard to see that enforcing forum rules gets a little blurry because of that.

It's kinda sad though really, after lurking/posting at this site for ten years to see the debate forum die and the mud-pit be the dominant forum.

ETA: I have a rule when it comes to reading posts, where as soon as I see certain words/phrases/formatting I just skip to the next post. Things like all caps, the word "sheeple", aimless insults, or insults playing on people's names (ie killary, drumpf, etc). If you're doing that you're really probably not worth engaging anyway. It's served me well so far.
edit on 3-7-2018 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join