It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Issues Rare Official Statement on the Memo

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: theantediluvian

I am with you that until we get to see the Intel behind the memo, how can we know it's true.

My hope is that the release of the memo is the impetus for releasing that Intel.

If not, then we will have to wait for the ig report for a more unbiased look.

Are this memo and the ig report not two separate items?
I was under the impression the memo is to do with the "russia" investigation shenanigans, and the ig report was on the fbi handling of the email shenanigans?

link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: AboveBoard
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

The “ minority party” wasn’t invited to participate at all.

Are you telling me that the intelligence committee refuses to meet with DNC members present?

Or that this whole memo is Nunes all alone, in which case there is no "minority" to 1 other than 0?

I’m telling you that the GOP majority on the House IC did not include the Dem minority in the creation of this memo at all. They opened an investigation on the DOJ and FBI unilaterally as well - not just by votes but simply surprised them with the information after it was done. This is not how the Committee is supposed to work, but this is fast becoming the new normal.

A subset of the Republican members of the House intelligence committee, led by Chairman Devin Nunes of California, has been quietly working parallel to the committee's high-profile inquiry into Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election. They haven't informed Democrats about their plans, but they have consulted with the House's general counsel.

Schiff said committee rules require consultation between Republicans and Democrats, but House Speaker Paul Ryan must enforce bipartisan cooperation if he wants it to occur. "And at this point, you have to conclude that he doesn’t," Schiff said. Ryan’s office declined to comment.

Link

Schiff says that the Republican majority on the Intel Committee informed Schiff and the Democrats that they have opened an investigation into the Justice Department and the FBI. t.co... — Kyle Griffin (@kylegriffin1) January 29, 2018

Breaking: GOP have “opened an investigation of the FBI and the Department of Justice” – Rep. Adam Schiff, “we learned about that for the first time today” pic.twitter.com/mGdNNNUas1 — TheBeat w/Ari Melber (@TheBeatWithAri) January 29, 2018

Link

link   
a reply to: ParkerCramer

True! But....what else is new, uh?

Too many of us are sick and tired of fellow Americans just sticking their head in the sand or waiting to be told what is and isn't factual by some msm "news" source. We're awake (some) and ready to FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT for truth and justice....REAL truth and justice. Release the damn memo AND Release the Documents.

edit on 31-1-2018 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: burntheships
a reply to: Sillyolme

Your forgetting that McCabe is now under investigation by the DOJ,

On two different fronts: (1) He is accused of pressuring agents to alter witness statements, and (2) he found Hillary's e-mails on Wiener's laptop, and then sat on this discovery for 3 weeks.

link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

The memo isn't "investigating the FBI and the DOJ." It's quite possibly the work of a partisan hack trying to promote a narrative via a deceptively compiled hitjob which omits vital information to create a false perception.

You do realize this is the Nunes memo we're talking about here, not Adam Schiff's memo to continue pushing the boogeyman theories that started this whole kangaroo court exercise, right?

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I think it's more what is left out than what is included.

INCLUDED: "The FBI obtained a warrant from a FISA court based on the unverified Steele dossier."

OMITTED: "FBI lawyers appeared before the FISA court judge wearing tassled pasties and g-strings and dropping Benjamins all over the bench."

The FBI's statement is meaningless, as is.

you have no idea how a FISA warrant works, simply by writing the above statement....maybe you can get Putin to crank up his B.S. media posts, so you can convince more Americans

link   

originally posted by: avgguy
Dems had no problem dropping the dossier that turned out to be categorically false in every facet. I say release it and let the public sort it out.

There has been no official word that the contents of the dossier are false.

link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

The Donald is also a "liar"...
edit on 1312018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: soberbacchus

The FBI would not take the unusual step of issuing an official public statement unless they were prepared to back it up.

Donald Trump will release the MEMO. Because, he believes that by doing so, he will "cripple" the FBI's investigation into the Russian interference, and prevent them from uncovering his deep relationship with the Russian government. He's going to expose the very methods that are being used to investigate his ties to the Russians

Did you get told that by the same people who told you he fired Comey because he thought the Director of the FBI personally did all the investigations and it would grind to a halt without him?

You guys really need to put your thinking caps on.

trump said he fired Comey because of this "Russia thing"......it was videotaped, shown to tens of millions of people, and trump has not denied it.....how big does your "cap" have to be, to think about that?

How bout some context?

Comey had been leading an investigation into possible collusion between Trump advisers and Russian officials when he was dismissed by the president. Defending that decision in an interview on NBC News on Thursday, Trump said: “And, in fact, when I decided to just do it, I said to myself, I said: ‘You know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made up story, it’s an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should’ve won.’”

Of course you knew the way he actually said it looks totally different, which is why you omitted that. Or maybe you've just never seen the actual quote in context and just spit out the drivel you've been fed. I dunno.

In any case, you completely missed the point. The point is that anyone who thinks Trump fired Comey to stop the investigation is gullible as #. The FBI Director doesn't personally do all the investigations as a one-man force. Firing him doesn't stop anything. Comey himself testified so to Congress. Anyone clinging to some obstruction of justice charges because he fired Comey is deluding themselves. That's all I meant. Anyone who believes that got sold a false narrative, and the same people are now selling that Trump thinks releasing the memo will hamper Mueller's investigation, who is independent from the FBI. Again, you have to be grossly uninformed and gullible to believe this crap.
edit on 31 1 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

The FBI would not take the unusual step of issuing an official public statement unless they were prepared to back it up.

Donald Trump will release the MEMO. Because, he believes that by doing so, he will "cripple" the FBI's investigation into the Russian interference, and prevent them from uncovering his deep relationship with the Russian government. He's going to expose the very methods that are being used to investigate his ties to the Russians

Did you get told that by the same people who told you he fired Comey because he thought the Director of the FBI personally did all the investigations and it would grind to a halt without him?

trump said he fired Comey because of this "Russia thing"......it was videotaped, shown to tens of millions of people, and trump has not denied it.....how big does your "cap" have to be, to think about that?

Seems to me that whole thing will show Russian interference in our presidential election. DNC paid monies went to Russia somewhere down the line. Russia false info was used to affect the election in Hillarys favor. It didn't work. But the DNC using its connections to Russians in order to smear an opponent, doesn't look good at all.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I partially agree, however, if an individual is truly "awake", wouldn't it seem logical that they should realize, no one side of a two sided argument is 100% correct....???

Being awake doesn't insure that uncommon sense has been applied.🤔

MTUBY

link   

www.bbc.com...
oh and all this time I thought the doj recommended fireing comey......well what do I know...

We should reject the departure and return to the traditions. Although the President has the power to remove an FBI director, the decision should not be taken lightly. I agree with the nearly unanimous opinions of former Department officials. The way the Director handled the conclusion of the email investigation was wrong. As a result, the FBI is unlikely to regain public and congressional trust until it has a Director who understands the gravity of the mistakes and pledges never to repeat them. Having refused to admit his errors, the Director cannot be expected to implement the necessary corrective actions.

link   
Its amusing to watch people argue over whether or not the FBI should be believed at this point, considering how pre election it was comey is a great guy, comey is a crook, to comey is a great guy, to comey is fired.

The eye test says something is wrong with the FBI, and at this point we all should want it figured out not because my team might get an edge but because a shady intel organization puts the every single one of us in the cross hairs.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

"Quite possibly", but it could quite possibly be the work of a concerned legislator who has seen the agency under the direction of his committe running amok, and he wants to reel them back in.

If it's simply the work of a concerned legislator, why not release both memos at the same time and let people have all the info?

Until this whole Trump thing blew up, few folks on this site would defend the FBI. Its like bizarro world, to be honest.

Is that more bizarre than an administration attacking a department and an agency run by its own appointees? Including attacking its own appointees individually? Is it more bizarre than Republicans attacking a law enforcement agency, which like most of law enforcement, is staffed with right-leaning people and attacking lifelong Republicans within the agency?

"Minority memo" is quite a term. If i am being honest, its ridiculous that this is being done like this. The intelligence committee needs to issue a single memo. This childish nonsense makes me want to punch them all. That said...didn't the "minority" party choose to not participate in the drafting of said memo? My memory on that is foggy.

AFAIK, the memo was entirely the product of Nunes and his staff without any consultation of the minority. Not only did they not decline to participate, they weren't asked. You're right that it's ridiculous. Nunes has taken what has traditionally been a bipartisan committee and turned it into a partisan #show.

None of it makes sense, Ante. Except that we KNOW the FBI was involved with some really dirty shenanigans. If the DNC is not interested in exposing the wrongdoing im not sure what I can say.

We have partisan allegations (or in most cases insinuations) of impropriety and the further you get from the core of Trump loyalists, the less alarmist the allegations get. You've clearly determined that impropriety is a foregone conclusion and therefore you can only consider the Democrats as not being interested in exposing it. Flip that around. What if there is no impropriety and the Republicans are only interested in pushing that false narrative?

If that's the case, shouldn't the Democrats be trying to prevent Nunes from *his* dirty shenanigans? Shouldn't they be trying to get "The Truth" to the American people if they really believe that Nunes is abusing his position and the GOP's majority to foist disinformation on the American people?

Whatever people believe, I don't there's a legitimate argument to made for releasing one memo without the other. As you yourself said, the committee should release something that is a product of the entire committee. That's what's *supposed* to happen. Given that Nunes went off on his own and produced this memo, the only way to get to something approaching that is to release the minority's memo simultaneously.

Hell, give them a single cover page.

edit on 2018-1-31 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

I just urge Trump supporters to take the type of impartial, reasoned approach to the memo that Democrats and the FBI took with the dossier.

link   
Trump will not release this memo.

He will just allow the time he has to object to expire.
That way his hands are clean in release of classified info.
Hey Nunes what does the chassis of that bus really look like?
So I wouldn't expect anything until Saturday. Give those fellas a little time to reconsider.

link   
So in a Q breadcrumb (if that's welcome here) it was asserted that the memo will in fact be released, it also said to learn Russian.
Just spit-balling here,
Would that be an indication that some of the text in the memo may be quoting the dossier collected witness statements from Russian citizens?
Isn't that Russian collusion? Was Steele in Russia while compiling his dossier? While working for the DNC?

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Anybody finding the "statement" itself ?

FBI press releases

What is this? Fake news?
Seems pretty sketchy.
No attribution to a person for that statement...
Now no statement at all???

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

No not all.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Trump will not release this memo.

He will just allow the time he has to object to expire.
That way his hands are clean in release of classified info.
Hey Nunes what does the chassis of that bus really look like?
So I wouldn't expect anything until Saturday. Give those fellas a little time to reconsider.

I believe you are mistaken.

Trump can declassify ANYTHING!
There is no issue with him releasing it, if he wishes.

MTUBY

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join